1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Zonulin,leaky gut and blood brain barrier articles

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by chocolate, Apr 9, 2012.

1. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://www.pnas.org/content/106/39/16799.full

Gliadin, the environmental trigger of CD, reportedly reproduces the effects of EGF on the actin cytoskeleton (16). These effects are very similar to the effects we reported for zonulin (7). Gliadin binds to the CXCR3 chemokine receptor (29), and this interaction is coupled to zonulin release from both intestinal cells (9) and whole intestinal tissues (10). Hence, it is likely that the gliadin-related EGF effects are mediated through zonulin release. We also have identified intestinal bacterial colonization as a stimulus for zonulin release (8). Gliadin and microorganisms both cause polarized luminal secretion of zonulin (8). Therefore, we focused our studies on early zonulin action (i.e., its activity at intestinal luminal side). This approach may appear counterintuitive, given the observation that both EGFR and PAR2 are expressed basolaterally (3, 30). However, evidence exists that they also are apically expressed (31). The fact that we have demonstrated that zonulin exerts a permeating effect, both in ex vivo and in vivo, when applied to the luminal aspect of the intestinal mucosa does not dispute the possibility that the protein acts basolaterally as well. When environmental triggers (i.e., bacteria, gluten) are present in the intestinal lumen, zonulin is released from enterocytes, a process that is mediated, at least for gliadin, by CXCR3 (29).

2. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://www.pnas.org/content/106/39/16799.full

The role of both EGFR and PAR2 in regulating epithelial permeability has been previously reported (33, 34). However, our study provides previously undescribed evidence that the 2 receptors work cooperatively to regulate small intestine permeability.

I guess one is a talker and one is a doer.

I am trying to get a good link for the annals of ophthamology. In the meantime if anyone knows anything about these receptors.......

3. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCwQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.davidicke.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D1060051043&ei=C0uHT-mBCZLYiAKpwZjEAg&usg=AFQjCNFQpGkPjiBxscGr4gfC8MyUUHNNVw&sig2=WrF8Cj4hAPUEcMpR3X1GOA

injecting mice with zonulin can give them type one diabetes

http://www.cns-scn.ca/conference2011/2011Presentations/ROUNDTABLES/Donald-Duerksen.pdf

one of the possible treatments was an anti IL-15. OMG..... let me give cancer the keys to the ranch.

I am trying a new apprroach to zonulin.... SCN and zonulin together.

4. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Pathogens from zonulin isolate in the SCN and something to do with epigenetics or genetics is initiated, I think. All I seem to find are blurbs. Maybe someone else has better search capabilities.

5. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

Thanks Chocolate. I'm catching up on your posts. I need more time to read through them but wanted you to know they are not falling on deaf ears. It seems that zonulin is the gatekeeper of the intestinal junctions, but is it the same for everyone? If not, why is it different? Also, what would be the benefit of leaky gut, i.e. why can we do it, or is this just an exploit that our body wasn't prepared for throughout evolution?

6. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I think it has a job. It opens the gates for metals, sugars, and gliadin (rotavirus mimicker). We know what attracts the metals and they are supposed to be ok anaerobically (insulin receptors and dopamine receptors). That would make them winter. IL -15 when the sugar opens it and the metals. It goes after lyme, chagas, and other biofilms. The sugars act like antifreeze and are converted to lactic acid for a preservative and anaerobic fuel. That would make them winter or fasting. The rotavirus can't be outsmarting the body.... it's just ridiculous. But that is what activates the il 6 in the spring the same time you want the metal gone. If you pooped it out and the magnesium was consumed at the same time from the biofilms, it could be repatriated to the insulin receptors and thyroid and wherever else a gal needs her magnesium. I guess the right stuff would be there somewhere for the flora and fauna. That 's my notion of things. Just a theory.... I'd love to hear other ideas.

My family had that rotavirus once. The girl just ran and heaved. She didn't let it slow her down. The boy would only eat meat or starve and didn't get sick. You couldn't starve him into eating anything else but the odd broccoli head. My husband and I felt like dogs for a full day. Down and dirty, but felt fresh and renewed the next day. What seems to make it worse, is when people try to eat, from what I read. Rotavirus can happen in foals and they call it swamp fever. I guess it isn't always dirty handed kitchen help. Maybe it happens in swamps. Horses foal in the spring also. They also have probiotic issues and there is a terrible habit of giving them a shot of penicillin when they hit the ground. Stupid.

7. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interleukin_6

geez, Il 6 is first out of the gate for muscle exercise..... and it can cross the blood brain barrier and change your body set temperature. If IL-6 is activated, then the muscles are readied to start working.

If it finds sugar, maybe it tells the powers that be that it is winter and to hoard calories? Maybe IL is the thermostat?

8. chocolate

chocolate Silver

9. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC236905/pdf/jvirol00015-0548.pdf

Deletion Mapping of the Rotavirus Metalloprotein NS53 (NSP1):

the Conserved Cysteine-Rich Region Is Essential

for Virus-Specific RNA Binding

I can't read this.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8395125

Comparative analysis of the rotavirus NS53 gene: conservation of basic and cysteine-rich regions in the protein and possible stem-loop structures in the RNA.

cysteine is the "new" chelator.... I don't know how the cysteine rich regions in the rotavirus work.

10. chocolate

chocolate Silver

11. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

A little about cysteine

http://blog.cholesterol-and-health.com/2012/04/glutathione-101-part-1-cysteine.html

12. chocolate

chocolate Silver

13. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Thanks Jesse, I guess I know why my kid used to go in the trash for onion skins. I guess it is the almighty chelator after all. I hope the Mind Your Mitochondria diet can be fermented. That would be so perfect. The stuff shrinks so much when you ferment it. and you wouldn't be such a slave to going to the market.

14. Bjkerley

Bjkerley New Member

I've been shadowing Dr. Alessio Fasano for about a year now so let me know if you have any questions. He's the guy that discovered Zonulin. He's def not a "paleo doc" though...

15. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Tear me apart. Where am I all wrong? where am I a little right? I heard of this last week. Pull out your red pen!

16. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejm200102223440804 Intussusception among Infants Given an Oral Rotavirus Vaccine

this is what happens with the rotavirus vaccine, another rotavirus vaccine did the same thing with an injection...they just fractured the link and pulled everything from all the directions I tried. Maybe getting a good dose of rotavirus aged one to five is necessary for detox. the babies have a lot more proportionate metal than adults. Then you could develop your own immunity. This happened with a human 5 in one also, but the story has been unpublished. Maybe the story isn't in the mercury in the vaccine, its in the rotavirus (gluten mimmicks) in the vaccine. anyway, add iron to the heavy metals.

17. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Bjkerley,

Where are you?

18. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Ok, you are way smarter than me but what about a simpler theory that our gut is NOT meant to be leaky ever. What if it is meant to be colonized properly through vaginal birth and breast feeding ( the only Paleolithic options) and then with a traditional seasonal diet stays tightly shut. That would also presuppose that perfect absorption would take place, as well as expulsion of 'bad' stuff. Humans are all born w a leaky gut (needed in utero) but birth, colostrum and breast milk seal it, and colonise it. Maybe leaky gut is just a mismatch. Or is that missing the point?

19. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Why even give it the possibility of leaking? I don't know of anything that doesn't have an exhaust or overflow or something. If it didn't, and there was a manufacturer to sue for unsafe design, I'm sure the legal system could come up with a reason it should have the ability to open and close. Think of your insides as a crowded theater and the dreaded someone yells "fire!" The leaking isn't just for in, its an escape. And no, I'm not smarter than anyone, I'm guessing my way through... Bjerkely needs to share. The mismatch is the gluten and the sugars. i think the gluten is simply a rotavirus mimicker, and that causes an immune response. The fruits and sugars are not supposed to ever go in unless the body manufactures and releases it. The body can manufacture any sugar it needs by deaminating protein. It gets a free pass because it is actually a mimicker also. The protein doesn't know the fruit is an imposter. It just assumes it is friendly. I'm waiting for someone to straighten me out.

20. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120415151332.htm

Blood Type A May Predispose to Some Rotavirus Infections

An antibody to the histo-blood group antigen A blocked infection by the virus into human intestinal cells in culture.

"No one expected this," said Prasad. "Is there an emerging theme here with these intestinal pathogens? Do other viruses use these blood group antigens as a door to enter the cell?"

Further studies identified a second rotavirus strain P[9] that uses the histo-blood group antigen as a receptor, he said.

Novel mechanism of transmission

"The question now is do different strains use other histo-blood group antigens in this way?" he said.