1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Zeltiq?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by ChimpChick, Mar 27, 2012.

1. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

If CT is only effective while one is ketogenic, and doing CT in a non keto state causes a mismatch (inflamation, weight gain, bad things) Does this mean that if one were to get the Zeltiq procedure done in the summer while eating seasonal paleo-approved carbs it would be ineffective? Or worse could cause the opposite of the intent?

Thanks!

2. Owl

Owl New Member

It doesn't sound like Wim Hof is ketogenic and he's doing ok. Maybe not absolutely optimal, but he's certainly cold adapted and healthier for it. Zeltiq is being used by the public eating the SAD. If it didn't work during a certain time of year, that would have come out by now.

3. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

Thanks Owl! Good point.. The seasons are throwing me for a loop.. I have an unheated pool that will be open soon and will still be quite chilly until August, so I want to make the most of it.. But I would also like to eat a blueberry now and then during the short period of time they are allowed. So I guess the answer is to plan my fruit around my swimming and never mix the two..

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I asked about zeltiq before. When I read their web site it says results take 2 to 4 months. I was wondering if you would detox after the procedure like we are doing?

5. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

I didn't realize that Zeltiq took that long. That is good to know. I was getting a little worried when my weight loss plateaued a bit.

And if Zeltiqu takes 2-4 months, then I would expect a slower gradual process, like the CT here, would take even longer.

6. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

CT works for *anyone* at any time to increase metabolism and increase BAT (= spot fat burning). It works for far more (adrenal, thyroid, etc., etc.) if you pair it with the ketogenic diet, and far more quickly if you use water (especially immersion).

7. hazyjane

hazyjane New Member

I know a lady who was part of a Zeltiq clinical trial and she didn't get results from it. I have a feeling that diet affects the results of Zeltiq. Some people get great results and others, none. Next time I see her, I'll ask her what she was eating at that time.

8. JC2K

JC2K New Member

I would expect some detox from Zeltiq, but over a longer amount of time, since the cells are dieing off at a slow rate.

9. LinD

LinD New Member

That IS interesting.

Makes me love and appreciate CT even more!

10. edance83@yahoo.com

edance83@yahoo.com New Member

I agree with this. Also, think of it like in the wild. Animals/humans went into water plenty.. whether the ocean, lake, or river.. the water would be cold or at least not heated much of the time. Have you ever been in the Pacific Ocean? That bitch is cold even in 100 degree weather! LOL. The pool you're going into isn't heated which is exactly what natural sources of water would be like. This is what makes sense to me on "CT" in the summer. It's more like just natural behavior to take a cool/cold shower as water isn't heated in the wild.

11. ShuffleUp

ShuffleUp New Member

If you read some about Zeltiq they mention that you should tell your doc if you have any liver problems. I read something that said they anticipated some detox issues but have not largely seen problems with it. I have also read that it is not for the obese, and should be used generally for the last few pounds and is fda approved for the love handle area. They say it kills about 20% of the fat in the treated area. I was also suprised it does take 2-4 months to see the full effects which to me seems to indicate that those looking for results in our CT experimentation (which for most of us hasn't been longer than 6 weeks) are probably expecting tangible weight loss results too soon. Although I'm unclear as to whether or not Zeltiq was more of an anaology than the exact function that CT is having on us. i.e. Zeltiq probably does not exhibit much BAT activity increase which is a big part of what I believe CT, as laid out by Kruse, is meant to do.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1299505/Instead-melting-away-flab-laser-hottest-craze-America-freeze-death.html

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think you are right shuffleup. We are expecting too much too soon. I just want this blubber gone!