1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Youthfuliz's joyful life as a cavewoman :)

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by youthfuliz, Mar 25, 2012.

1. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

TOM is here. Feeling completely fine... energetic even, and in a good mood. :)

Walked 3 miles, had a cold shower after dinner. Have a lot to do lately so I probably won't do CT bath every day, but will at least take cold showers. Appetite is under control... the full signal still comes about 10 minutes after I start eating... so I only eat about 2/3 of what I prepared. Will add in a cold bath whenever I have the time.

2. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Back to CT bath after two weeks' break. Tap water comes out at 62F. 20 minutes of bath, followed by a shower. Feeling completely normal in the bath and shower. :)

I'll take a cold shower first thing in the morning, and soak in cold bath 3 times a week in the next a few weeks.

3. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

OK, I'm going to challenge myself. I have a goal weight for 12/30/12... 132 pounds. :)

I actually don't remember when I was 132 before, this may be too thin for me... well then if I get into all my skinny jeans (size 4 being the smallest) I will be satisfied too. I guess that means I should have a waist of 27"? Or if I see my abs...that'll be nice too. 6 months from now, to lose 20+ pounds. I have plenty of time. I'll make sure that I make progress every month. I'll reach my goal by doing the following:

1. Cold shower first thing every morning

2. Cold bath at least 3 times a week

3. Eat ketogenic paleo

4. Eat seafood at least 5 times a week

5. Go to bed at 10pm ready to have the best recovering sleep

6. Weigh-in and take measurements once a month and always make further plans at the end of the month

4. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Today's CT:

50 minutes in 62F bath. I used ice today, for the first time. About 11 pounds of ice I made with bottles of water frozen in freezer. Tap water came out at 63F, I got in when the water became 62F with the ice, and it stayed at 62F for 50 minutes. I poured iced water on my face, neck, back the whole time. Very nice. When I was done I wanted to take a cold shower as I usually do... the tap water felt warm!!! I let it run for a little bit and finally could take a cool shower. Loved it. :eek:

5. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Today's CT:

50 minutes, bath + shower. Water was 62F, down to 60F with 12 pounds of ice. I was glad to feel a bit chilly with the help of the ice. :)

6. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Today's CT:

50 minutes, cold bath + shower. 62F to 59F with the help of 15 pounds of ice. I miss winter. :D

7. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

today's CT:

40 minutes, shower+bath. Used about 15 pounds of ice, water temperature 62F - 57F. My tummy was pink afterward. :)

8. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

I've been very busy this month. Dealing with graduation, moving from NY to PA, and starting a new job. Good thing is I have tons of energy. Well I need to thank iodine for that. :)

Long story short, I found a lump on my neck on July 4th. Went to the school health center on the 5th, did blood test and ultrasound. Before getting the results I did a lot of online search - I read "most thyroid problems are due to iodine deficiency" and watched video presentation by Dr. Brownstein and other iodine doctors - and started to supplement iodine right away. Seaweeds, brazil nuts, oysters, potassium iodide (in liquid form I found in local store) and I ordered iodoral, selenium and other cofactors online. I supplement about 50mg iodine+iodide starting from July 7th. The lump shrunk within the first day of iodine supplementation. When I saw my thyroid reacted so quickly to iodine I knew I was doing the right thing. On July 10th the results came back, normal thyroid hormones, ultrasound shows two nodules most likely benign. The doctor said no need for any treatment and he doesn't think iodine may help. :D My lump had shrunk by 50% by then but that didn't interest the doctor. I asked him to give me an iodine deficiency test, he sadi there was no need. Iodine deficiency is history in the America. I asked him to give me another ultrasound, I can show him that my nodules have shrunk in a week due to iodine supplementation... he didn't want to do it. Most CW doctors are not trained to understand how iodine deficiency can lead to problems. I just need to find me an iodine literate doctor next time. I continue taking 50mg iodoral daily.

So it has been two weeks. I stopped checking the lump first thing in the morning... it's getting smaller but the change is not as obvious as when I first increased the iodine level in my body. I think my breast like the additional iodine too... they look and feel happy. :eek: I have tons of energy as I mentioned earlier, have taken care of so many things this week, have been very resourceful and have good judgment... just super productive. I like it.

The rest of July and August will be very busy too. But I look forward to starting a new chapter of my life. Will continue to take 50mg of iodoral with the cofactors.

I talked about the thyroid issue here:

http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthread.php?2417-Thyroid-Nodule-anyone-knows-something-about-it-please-chime-in!

Here is our iodine thread:

http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthread.php?987-The-iodine-Thread!!!

There is also a MDA iodine thread that I gathered lots of information from.

9. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

OK I'm back after a really busy three months... Graduated, Moved, Started a new job, finally my life goes back to normal (kinda).

I have been sleeping early (11pm the latest, and often 10pm) a lot, and have been avoiding artificial lights at night. Although I'm not perfect, I'm so much better than 1 year ago. Feel sleepy every night around 10pm and sleep well through the night to 7am. :)

I've been eating lots of fish/shellfish lately too. I think it's helping my hormones (observation from my last mentrual cycle). Lots of mushrooms and cilantro. Haven't been able to lose weight consistently which I blame on the high-carb food I had once awhile and having very little physical activities lately - I've been tied to my desk with work. Now that work is pretty much under control I'll have time for more walking, maybe some HIIT and I'll focus on my eating - I'll eat a big breakfast (which I have been doing), and a light/late lunch. Will not eat anything after 6pm. Go to bed at 10pm most nights.

10. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Forgot to update on the thyroid/iodine front: I've been taking 100mg/day in the last month or so - I take twice a day, 50mg each, and sometimes I forget my 2nd portion, sometimes I forget for the whole day.... but overall I think I take 500mg/week on average.

Thyroid nodule is much smaller though not completely gone. I haven't been to a doctor again since I'm too busy at work and I'm glad that iodine/and lots of seafood are working at reducing it. Good energy level although it can be better. Sleep well, and also my constipation problem is solved all by itself... so things are going toward the right direction. :)

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

keep it up.......

12. Destiny

Destiny New Member

You'll get there! Just keep going. I started with 152 lbs. I experienced a lot of aggravation in regards to losing weight. It was two step forward and one back for almost 9 months. I was stuck in the fat losing range of 7-11 lbs. I the past 4 months, things started to progress in the right direction weight wise. I am at 135 lbs now and I am aiming lower. Good luck.

13. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Thank you Destiny! It's very exciting to hear that you're achieving your goal. Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing. :)