1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Youthfuliz's joyful life as a cavewoman :)

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by youthfuliz, Mar 25, 2012.

1. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Well, welcome all. I'm going into a cold shower so I'll keep this short. :D

I'm in my 30's, hoping to stay young and look like a 25 year old for as long as possible. I started to eat Paleo in the middle of 2011. Went strict Paleo in January of 2012, and have stayed in ketosis most of the time. I'm eating meat/seafood/leafy vegetables/99 percent chocolate/coconut oil/manna/butter. Lots of green tea and some coffee.

Not exercising much, but have started walking to school and back somedays now that the Spring is here. I'll pick up more sculpt/hiit in a month or so. I started leptin reset on January 26th. Now I go to sleep at 11pm, sometimes a bit earlier than that, and usually sleep to 6:30am, and I sleep very well. I dim the lights in the evening and enjoy a cold shower/bath at least every other day. My skin is becoming softer, clearer, and more elastic/youthful looking. Hair is smoother, healthier and feel silky through my fingers. I can't stop touching it! :D I love touching myself all over my body too. haha. Love the cold shower. And I have been wearing less clothes and turning the room temperature down to 65F during the day and 62F at night. I cover myself with thinner blanket at night too and feel warm when I wake up.

Today's weight is 151. Started in January at 153. I have lost more inches than pounds and my legs are getting firmer. My goal weight is 138 by end of May, and maybe 132 by end of August. Or whenever I have a 26" waist. I don't really care about the weight, I just want to be lean and strong. Right now my waist is 29".

OK now I go to my cold shower. :)

2. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

32 minutes of cold shower. Started at 72F, down to 61F. Cold feels good! I realized that I sing louder when it gets colder. :D

3. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

150 pounds this morning. :) Forgot to mention, I'm 5'5", medium frame.

4. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

A little more history. I have always been a curvy gal - hourglass shape, about 20~30 pounds above my ideal weight. I was in the lower 130s in my 20's and felt and looked great. I'd like to go back to that body. :) My highest weight was in the 160's. I tried to lose weight by eating less and exercising more. In 2007 I dropped about 20 pounds and got to 138. When I stopped exercising I slowly gained back. In 2011 I started to try again, by eating lowcarb and exercising. I found the Paleo community and started to live the Paleo way. I gave in to carb cravings from time to time, and got back to ketogenic Paleo each time within shorter time. And I really don't enjoy the "mistakes" as much as I did before. They are just the old comforts that don't really work any more, but still flash a quick flirt sometimes. After reading the CT series, and especially the part on no safe starches in the winter (or CT process) it become easier to say no to junk food. I make my own legal dessert now :) home made chocolate from 2 parts of coconut manna plus 1 part of 99 percent chocolate. I have three pieces before breakfast, and two pieces before dinner.

In 2011 my weight fluctuated between 150 to 162. I have been below 153 for almost all the days in 2012, below 150 for more than half of the time. I think I have been eating too much coconut manna/chocolate in Feb and March - almost forgot that they've got calories too! :D Now I eat them slowly, and try not to exceed 6 pieces a day - 10g per piece.

And no snacking has been almost natural as soon as I started leptin reset. Not really feeling hunger any more. I almost always skip lunch, but usually still eat dinner. Although I think I won't feel bad even if I don't. So I usually have a light dinner. CT about 5 times a week. Not using very cold water yet, but pretty cold for me. :) One day I'll just use the cold tap water which is 48F now.

OK, this is about it. My goal for the coming month is to stay in ketosis, eat meat/seafood/my home made coconut chocolate/butter/leafy greens that're in season. And keep doing CT. I'll do more walking, but won't add in HIIT/weights until later.

5. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

April's plan:

1. CT at least 4 times a week.

2. Food: BAB, Dinner: eggs or 3 pieces of my homemade dessert (coconut manna + 99 percent chocolate)

3. Walk to school whenever the weather allows

Todays's CT:

10 minutes of cool cleaning shower, followed by 30 minutes of cold bath (70F down to 63F), followed by a quick cold shower.

6. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

April's weight loss goal:

Down to 142 pounds. No more ups and downs, it will be down down down all the way. :)

Eat 100% ketogenic paleo, light dinner. I don't really feel hungery any more. Eating is more of a fun activity. haha. I'll find other ways to keep myself entertained.

7. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Today's CT:

35 minutes total. Cold bath started at 68F, down to 66F. Followed by a quick cold shower. Played Barry Manilow's Summer of 78. It eneded exactly when I finished... 38 minutes total. I'll use it to time my CT for now. :)

I was feeling cold before CT, sneezed quite a few times - so I had to talk myself into the cold bath and kept the water not too cold for me, although it still felt cold and I even shivered a bit, which hardly happened before - but I didn't sneeze in the bath, and only started to sneeze again after I put the bathrobe on! :D Kinda funny.

Next CT is Thursday. After breakfast.

8. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Will travel out of town this Thursday so probably no CT until Saturday. I'll do cool showers daily though, just not cold. Cool showers do wake me up.

9. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Finally back and can continue with my cold bath. :D

40 minutes today. 66F bath followed by a quick cold shower. Feel good. Next one will be Tuesday. I'll keep the temperature at 64F - 66F this week, 40 minutes each time, 4 times (S, T, Th, S) and drop the water temperature to 62F - 64F next week.

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

there is no doubt you can stay young a long time if you eat correctly and use CT as your tailwind.

11. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Thanks Doc for stopping by! I already see some benefits of leptin rx and CT. I'm sure I'll be in a better shape this summer! Although I will CT/keto through this one to compensate for all those earlier ones that I missed.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

keep us informed.....

13. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Sure thing Doc. Thanks for providing us with this "cave home"! :D

Today's CT:

35 minutes bath. Started with 66F water, down to 63F. Spend half time immersed up to my shoulder, the other half sitting up with water up to my stomach. Finished up with a quick cold shower. I loved it when the cold shower fell on my face. Almost like a "Finally!" moment - anticipated peak moment realized. :D

My skin was pink when I got out of the bath. I followed what others have done - I warmed up naturally by staying naked for a little while :p and it worked! Within minutes my skin returned to normal color, my body didn't feel cold without clothes, only my hands and feet still feel cold. So this is what I will do in the future. Warm up naturally. :)

Next one will be on Thursday.

14. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Today's CT:

After dinner. 35 mintues total, started with 65F bath, down to 62F. Finished with a quick cold shower... 57F! I didn't realized that it was so cold. It got me shiver a bit. My body warmed up quickly, within 10 minutes after I got out. My feet and hands are still cold and stiff, while I type this now, 15 minutes later. :)

But I loved it. 65F was easy to start with and although it felt cold when I got in, I felt fine within minutes. I had a full body immersion, up to my neck for more than half of the time.

I may do CT again on Friday. See if I want do it every day during the weekend. I think it's getting easier.

15. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Today's CT:

47 minutes. Cold bath at 65F - 62F. Finished with a cold shower. Full immersion up to my neck most of the time. Feeling great! :D

16. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

TOM arrived today. No cramps at all, and I'm in a good mood. That's a first. :) I won't do cold bath in the next few days, but will take cold showers only.

17. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

I'm wearing light jacket while all my colleagues are still in winter coats. My hands are warm while theirs are cold. :) Walked 2 miles today. Just taking quick cool showers these days.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

love it.......

19. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

:eek:

Waking up at 5am lately... Got my blueblocking sunglasses yesterday and used them in the evening. I was amazed at how big a difference they make! Went to bed at 10pm. :D Walked 2 miles yesterday, this is becoming a daily routine. Looking forward to the cold bath this weekend. :)

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

this is the best time to do CT......your hormones need to feel that constant environmental change of adaptation.