1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Your opinion pls

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by JanSz, Mar 18, 2018.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

freesia and Lahelada like this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

3. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

I can't answer your question. However, I have questions about the research that used hair sampling. Maybe there were other sources of D that ended in the hair taken from the Inuit?

Maybe it's true, You Are What You Eat; so, it would be just as 'true' you are what you drink, and breathe, and put on your skin and in your hair...

I can't know if these Inuits in the sample transferred more D to their hair from applying (?) animal fats to their hair, or from chewing animal leathers to sew into clothing, or simply wearing those head-covering parka hoods... Maybe long winters, including reduced sunlight exposure living in igloos, or poor contemporary housing, meant extra 'indoor' pollution? On the other hand, perhaps hair samples used in the research design were washed or treated with some chemicals before being measured for the variables collected, and results reported?

The author writes very well, a pleasure to see. (A superlative science writer is hard to find.) I simply don't know if she read the original research papers or evaluated the manner of collecting the research data that is central to this installment of her series. Based on too many questions coming to mind, I can't give an opinion on the credibility of suggesting D enrichment has some positive effect on human biology...

Lahelada likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I answered this in the Patreon blogs with Mellanby's slide from 1942

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I have gold membership, so I think I should have access to to above information.
    Problem is finding it.
    I wold appreciate help, please.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

discussion moved to FB group.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The slide was in one of the recent Patreon blogs Jansz. Since you're in Gold I will find the slide and put it in there when I have time and tag you.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I found it and tagged you.

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thank you Jack.

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thank you.

upload_2018-3-18_18-6-55.png

Lahelada likes this.
  11. Pebbles

Pebbles Gold

Jan, please tag me in that discussion as well:)) Thanks!

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When you trust someone's judgment is the foundation of leadership and it speeds up your ability to so much more accomplished because you do not have to question their motives. Trust speeds everyone's transformational change. Trust determines the speed of leadership. Trust is the concrete of your relationships. Trust is being secure in your own values and having enough "cushion" that protects you when it comes down to the account of trusting someone else. Let's not go bankrupt. Be honorable. Be valuable. Build some trust with your network and environment today to transform your health. When that trust is broken by someone you tried to help, and they use disinformation to create an environment of distrust and not academic merit (curiosity for truth), disconnect from that person quickly. Mitochondriac wisdom.

caroline and drezy like this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Never tell the truth to anyone who deems themselves unworthy of it via their actions.

caroline likes this.