1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Your experiences with the Epi Paleo eating!

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Matilda, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Matilda

Matilda New Member

Hi there - i have a question for all of you that have tried this for a while. I just started this new eating habit and i want to find out how long did it it take you to loose any weight. Has been about a week for me and i feel a bit lighter but the weight on the scale does not seem to have had changed. Please share your experiences and success stories. Thank you!!

2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Hi Matilda,

You have your starting weight, and I'd recommend not weighing again for at least 3 months. It will take more than a week to reset circadian rhythm, and if as part of your healing you put on a pound of muscle and lose a pound of fat, the scales will stay the same. If you put on 2 pounds of needed muscle or are better hydrated, and lose one pound of fat, you will weigh a pound more. If I let myself get dehydrated I will weigh less, but that's not a good thing. In my pre this site days I've gone down 2-3 dress sizes and put on 7 pounds … That's when I learned not to let the scales dictate my life. Go by how you feel, mood and cognition wise, energy levels, then watch for any body composition changes, or whether something fits better. How well I sleep is a big one, for the brain to be able to read energy status and slowly burn fat whilst I sleep. Observe the signals your body is giving you, rather than get hung up on a number on a scale. Also don't forget that your results may depend on how else you integrate Jack's recipe:

"The six best healers in the world that I know:
    1. Sunlight
    2. Un-fluoridated water
    3. Magnetism/grounding to Earth/CT protocol
    4. seafood
    5. Self Confidence
    6. Friends who connect with you in life and not just on line.
    That is all...........Carry On."

:)

3. Matilda

Matilda New Member

Thank you so much for your answer. I need to follow it as for the past year or so i have not been feeling well. Lots of joint pains and numbness and my sleep is not the best as i have an infant that i wake up every hour or so.
    I feel that i need to give my self sometime but cooking has been taking a lot of time for me this past week and also using a lot of meat for my family of 5 so it does get expensive a little.
    I try not to focus on the scale as that discurages me a lot. Thank you for your support.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Food does not cause weight loss.......being in the right environment does.

kris90 likes this.
  5. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Here is an example about the food thing. All week I try and stick to no bread, pasta, even cookies, but on the weekends like this past one I had a gyro with the pita, I had carvel ice cream kids size, I had 2 cookies (this wasn't all at the same time). I had all that because I was out enjoying my time with my man. This Sunday I am going to my dads with a cannoli cake so there. While doing this I still lost weight and enjoying life. So you know this is just what I do. Others would probably smack me on the back of the head and say "What are you doing, snap out of it" lol.. I also feel my redox is better too, because months ago I would have had bigger issues with those foods.

6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Hi Matilda

There's not enough information about your personal context to suggest things, so I suggest you start a journal. I know from experience that not feeling well added to being sleep deprived from having a baby can make things seem overwhelming. When my third child arrived, if I'd known back then what I know now, I'd have worked smarter, not harder. ;)

caroline likes this.
  7. Dylan Petkus

Dylan Petkus Quantum Clinician in Training

Hey Matilda!

So I totally get the whole tracking weightloss aspect. We've all been there. Using the scale, measuring tape, and mirror as a primary metrics to our health.

Keep in mind that the measurements often reveals more about the measurer than the things being measured. That is, using these as metrics keeps you from using other metrics in a way.

Since you're just starting, just focus on how you feel. Journaling helps a lot (even if it's not here). Watch the raise in your dopamine.

As per weight loss, your environment dictates that. Not food. You need your mitochondria humming at a certain frequency to optimize fat burning. That is 100 Hz.

100 Hz.

100 Hz = fat burning.

What sets this frequency? The sun.
    What disrupts this frequency? Cell phones, powerlines, blue light, etc.

It's funny because people will run on a treadmill (EMF) inside (blue lights) while jamming out to Spotify on their blue tooth headphones (EMF again) and wonder why they don't get in shape...