1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Your Experience With D-Ribose

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by TheKid, Dec 4, 2012.

1. diane

diane Gold

drhibose.jpg

It's Now Sports brand. 100% pure - but my other bottle is also Now brand (although doesn't say "sports") and has 3.4g of d-rhibose. This one has 5g.

2. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Let us know how it goes!

3. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

Last night after taking 10 g d-ribose @ 2 pm and again 10g @3:3pm and then 5g @7:30 (Btw I HATE eating so freaking late but I'm staying with my parents for next few/several months...so I don't know what to do about this, since it is polite to eat with family and that is when they eat. They are being kind by helping me out...so I don't know what to do ) (Also when I eat late I now go to bed later too, to allow at least/best as possible 4 hrs between food and bed).

Anyways, update:

Went to bed @ 11:30pm. Fell asleep the same. Woke up at 'whatever' time and didn't look at clock to see what time. Fell back asleep pretty quickly. *This is the same pattern for last few nights so this seems independent of d-ribose.

Possible difference for d-ribose. I naturally started to wake a bit before 7 sometime but don't know what time for sure. Lazed in bed until 7:18AM.

I cannot report on my feelings today since I have some confounding variables from another experiment I stupidly decided to try. UGH! My brain feels frizzed and I feel drugged. But weird, I clear and can type....but I feel like I can't walk properly (or straight). I feel like my speech is slurry too....*Note this is not d-ribose effects this is from another failed and now ABANDONED experiment!!

*smashheadondeskyoustupidretardwhatmadeyouthinktoevenTRY* I also almost feel like a dry heaving.

4. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Zorica, What was it?

5. Zorica Vuletic

hehe I feel embarrassed to share. It's pretty shameful and I knew not to do it but I was testing my immune system (or so I hypothesize about immune system relationship)...

6. Zorica Vuletic

I am not in a mood for possible chastising (not saying you ashryn would, in particular) lololol :eek:

7. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Well, at least now you have no doubt what the effect is ;)

8. Zorica Vuletic

I will say the one food item that actually caused the drunkeness though was chicken wings from a grocery store. lol The rest I feel embarrassed about. And maybe it was just the chicken wings that gave me the weird drunken, neurlogical sx. Btw, they tasted very gross too. :sigh:

At least I bought some bacon b/c I have been feeling low on bacon intake lately. That is probably what I am needing atm, and to ignore that and instead eat some crappy chicken wings...well that is just stupid. Soooo BACON!

I think I'm craving extra salt lately...hope my adrenals are OK. (Should be and I don't see why I'd have any problems here).

9. Zorica Vuletic

Yup, Lyndra. Haha. Some experiments are good and some are bad. Haha. :rolleyes:

10. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Store-bought chicken wings are generally loaded with MSG. I used to buy rotisserie chicken from the grocery store but it always made me feel bad. Reading the label was eye-opening.

11. Zorica Vuletic

Wow. It must be the MSG then. I kind of assumed I would be 'immune' from something like that. Guess not. Too bad they tasted gross too. Will not make that mistake 2x.

I drank more green tea and took extra Mg maybe that helps. My brain feels better now, phew. I just feel a bit tired (no d-ribose this PM). My hands are nice and warm right now though which I like. I feel normal temperature and not excessively sweating in some areas and cold in other areas.

I'm getting a bit bummed as to my TOTM for Feb. I don't think it's going to arrive... It is no doubt that I would most likely benefit from some kind of hormone therapy but I do not feel comfortable experimenting with online varieties w/o some guidance from a 'good' dr. I know they are available, but ya it's tricky. Maybe after more time with personal recording and more knowledge of my body (and general health) then I can try to experiment on my own. But I'm not ready for that yet. Also I need to wait until I make more $$$ anyways.

p.s. I will be starting a new job in child care soon so I am happy for a job finally. It is not high paying but it's at least a foot in the door. (And I don't mind this field at all). [Will force the kids outside LOL] [Also will have to brace myself for seeing the shitty food that they are provided. I will have to keep an invisible meltdown to myself lol. ]

12. Zorica Vuletic

p.s. Re: the MSG. Yes, my tongue felt like it had some acid on it during/after eating them. My mouth tasted of chemical. So indeed, it was MSG (note: MSG is natural in tomatoes, but of course this is the chemical variety).

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Miller, the dog has been extremely mellow today - he had D-ribose w/both breakfast and dinner. as well as a couple of scoops in his water...

14. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Some people are more sensitive to MSG than others. My brother-in-law loves the stuff. I think you can become more sensitized the longer you do without it; that is certainly true for me and gluten. I used to eat wheat 3 meals a day plus snacks but after being off for a couple of years, only a small exposure made me sick. I hope you feel better soon.

15. diane

diane Gold

Interesting shijin - I haven't noticed anything different in my guys. But I only gave them 1 tsp. each! :)

16. Zorica Vuletic

Thanks. I do feel much better than this afternoon. At least I don't feel so drugged. I do feel a little extra 'depressed' and a bit tired. That's all. I took extra Mg (malate, chloride and even sulfite w/ some sea salt and tea). I was recommended to eat extra amounts of CO oil and to avoid any food w/ calcium in it. So no sardines for me for tomorrow. Tomorrow I will eat maybe only coconut oil or something. I feel like I need a break from food for one day...I guess like a day of fasting or something. Too heavy for my system atm. Does collard greens have calcium b/c I bought some today and was hoping to eat it tomorrow b/c I have a craving for 'greens'. (Kale too expensive but collards much better value).

My typing seems unaffected....but I find it hard to talk still. Weird.

17. Zorica Vuletic

Also got some ice (snow from back yard) on carotid artery too.

18. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

That's what I use. Makes me warm and gives me energy. 5 gm in 1.5 tsp.

19. freesia

freesia Old Member

That helps me with any kind of tension/headache.
    I got some gluten exposure by mistake a few weeks ago and ice on my neck helped speed the recovery!

20. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Anybody using ATP as a supplement? My husband bought it so I have two bottles sitting at home for a month already - one from Douglas Laboratories and one from Swanson.

Not sure if to take it with the d-ribose, I am taking 5mg x3 a day or better instead? Any feedback appreciated.