1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Your Experience With D-Ribose

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by TheKid, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Chaos and Havoc had their first doses of d-ribose this morning in their "milk coffe" which is just heated milk and green tea - two scoops each... they gulped it down Havoc asked for 2nd and 3rd cup... he got two... maybe later he'll get a 3rd cup.

I'm thinking of making them green tea w/d-ribose in it to send w/them to daycare

2. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Hehe, I can relate! BTW, my energy is something! I just cleaned up the whole deck after "Nemo" who dumped over 18" of snow here. It was easy:D!

3. So glad to hear this! People around me cannot believe it. And yet, I don't feel jacked up I just feel like I used to 15 years ago.

4. I'm quite curious as time goes on as to what changes you see them experiencing. Your kids are so open to new things! I'm following the speech challenges too since I think you are on to something.:)

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

oh..new delivery method for d-ribose. I've added it to Dex's Leaky Gut mix and our home cultured yogurt! both kids asked for 2 servings.. I figured why not If I'm deficient, they probably are too...

6. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Does D-ribose affect sleep? Like give a person too much energy?

7. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

I caved and bought some d-ribose w/ extra money I got from a gift card sale. Sweet! Anyways I had some @ 2 pm in a coffee. (Don't mention about having a coffee @ 2pm lol) :rolleyes:

I didn't have lunch today so I don't know if it was from that or the d-ribose but I did feel hungry an hour and a half later. So instead I made some tea and put it in that since I was figuring I might have felt hungry b/c my cells were liking this d-ribose and wanted some more. lol My first encounter with it I like it so far. My hands warmed up at 2 and I did not feel any headache or heaviness from having coffee too late. *Note my hands don't normally warm up from coffee anyway.

I am hoping it is not a honey moon effect and I will see how it continues.

Btw I took 10 g @ 2 and then another 10g @ 3:30pm. LOL I don't know if that's too much in a short span of time, but I figure you can't really OD on this stuff. Also I figure that once my body/cells get more d-ribose it will be longer and longer before I feel the desire for it and less and less of a dose (so the theory goes).

+1 to the smell being likened to burnt marshmallow. Yum. +1 for it providing the right amount of sweet to whatever beverage you're drinking. But I think after the coffee and tea I like it best in coffee (whereas for something like honey I prefer honey in tea...you don't need as much and you taste it more). I think I will use d-ribose as my new 'sugar'.

8. Zorica Vuletic

I will experiment this tonight. I will take some more (only 5g) with dinner tonight and I will see how my sleep is. lol

9. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

thank you>>>>

10. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I said this in another thread, but I'm taking it only before 3 pm. I think it was having an effect but could have been coincidence. Sleep is my #1 issue so I'm not taking any chances.

11. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I"ve been taking both Q10 (ubiquinol) and d-ribose for the last few weeks. Late this morning I went to the gym for a strength workout and then immediately walked the dog when I came home. I had a surprising amount of energy! Usually I can barely keep pace with her (when she's not stopped sniffing at something) but today it was no problem. Lunch was delayed for about half an hour after we got home but I wasn't especially hungry when I did eat. Something seems to be working ... plus I am feeling warm most of the time (but not in a hot flashy kind of way).

12. diane

diane Gold

Funny coincidence today....

Went to the place where I buy the raw food for my dogs. They sell supplements there as well. I look on the shelf - and what do you know, D-rhibose. So I ask them what they use it with dogs for - and she wasn't really sure yet, but had read studies on how it helps performance. So I bought the bottle (cheaper than the health food store), but after reading EMF-4 yesterday, am going to put the dogs on it as well. She even had Vitamin D3 drops there too. And kelp. I've been putting a CoQ10 pill in their ground beef every day. Now to figure out how to deliver the d-rhibose. I'll either mush it into their ground beef, or maybe put it in some bone broth (I will give them the end of mine if I don't eat it all - and they love it! Just enough to lick the bottom of the bowl).

From EMF-4 it sounds like all mammals need d-rhibose.

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Now adding to the dogs food too...

14. Zorica Vuletic

Diane. I shall check a pet food place near to me then. You're in T.O. so the selection might be greater...BUT I might be surprised. Which pet store was this? Independent or chain? Thanks.

Lyndra, that's great news about feeling warm. I am hoping to have increases in body temps. I don't 'feel' cold but I know my body is cold. I think it's the CT (which I'm so bad on now...) and training which have made a difference in my cold tolerance at least form a comfort point of view...but based on coldness of hands and body temp I am 'cold'. It's like my sensation for feeling cold is a bit off somehow. lol Oooooo well. As I mentioned earlier on my first dosing my hands warmed up, so hopefully this continues. :)

15. Was this on sale at Costco ;)

16. diane

diane Gold

No, not a chain. Definitely not a chain - I doubt they're that progressive. This is a family run business that only sells raw food - picture a room with about 8 oversize freezers. And everything from beef to lamb to chicken to duck to bison and other game - all organs, bones and muscles lol. It's heaven!

Just checked the d-rhibose I bought today. Not only is it a better quality one than what I got at the health food store (same brand but this has higher grams and is pure d-rhibose), they forgot to charge me for it. I'll have to tell them the next time I'm there.

17. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

picture please... as well as label and mfr...

18. Zorica Vuletic

Wow, I would go there to buy for myself, never mind for the dog (well for dog too if I had one). lol

Pls post the brand, too.

19. Zorica Vuletic

p.s. I have New Roots 100% pure powder. I put a trust in the brand that it's 100%. I've had good experience w/ this brand in the past though, so should be good to go. I have a lot of energy right now and it doesn't feel like 8:21 pm. It feels like 6 instead...hmmm tonight should be interesting. :rolleyes:

20. Zorica Vuletic

I should check out Costco if this is the case...