1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Your Experience With D-Ribose

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by TheKid, Dec 4, 2012.

1. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Okay, my experience with d-ribose...

First day I took it, I was still having major cravings, and d-rib fed those. I had somewhere between 7 & 10gm. I white-knuckled the cravings and they started to die down, as they usually do if I can manage a full day ignoring them with all my might.

Second day I took 5gm. No change in anything. Not too much of a problem with them feeding cravings that day, since I was no longer mega-primed.

Third day 5gm. Still nothing. Still dreadfully sleepy (it's 2pm, "that" time of day for me).

I'll keep ya posted.

2. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

Try different dosings, like try 20 g... Would be curious right?

3. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I'm planning to take another 5g tonight and hold at that dose a few day sbefore going up more. I don't want to do it all at once, b/c I want to know which supp's are helping me in what ways, to have a better picture of what's going on! (and to avoid $ on large quantities of something that ends up not helping as much)

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I'm making plans again!!!!!
    Oh, this D-Ribose is wonderful for me. This is the fourth day since I've been taking it by the scoopful, and it's just what I needed, it seems. I first took just one scoop, with lemon and water as Lyndra suggested, and I did notice reduced cravings, fairly quickly. The next 2 days I took two scoops, at mid-morning and afternoon. Yesterday morning before I got out of bed, I found myself making plans. Nothing big, just like "take in the tiller for repair" and "ground the roost in the chicken coop." (And I did those things yesterday too! :)) This morning I was making more plans, "like clean the fridge", and "prune the roses".

Sorry, but this is a Big Thing for me. Planning, unless for some big event, was just something I didn't do. It took too much energy to think, and I probably wouldn't feel like doing it anyway, and I would be disappointed in myself, and .... well .... I'm just a spontaneous-type girl. Yeah, that's the ticket.

So I would do things as I had the energy and time, but often I had neither. It was not depression, I've been there before, but more a conservation of energy type thing. Even when DH would start vocalizing plans for some far-off vacation, going into excruciating detail about what we would do first, and second, etc... I just had to tune him out. I couldn't see the point in using all that effort, to keep track of where he was going. Sad, really, when you can't spare the energy to even listen to someone's dreams.

I think I feel a bit of the zest for life returning. :)
    I'm trying 3 scoops today.

I'd love to suggest this for my sister, but she is early in the journey. She just decided to give up gluten late last year. I doubt her mitochondria are ready for D-Ribose yet. Thanks, everyone, for relating your experiences!

5. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Which brand of D-Ribose are y'all using? I try to source supplements that are as pure as possible. Hmmm . . . I may have just answered my own question. I'm betting there's a pure powder form of D-Ribose available. Anyone use that? I'll have to do some googling.

6. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I know exactly, exactly what you mean. Getting to that point some time in the fall after taking NDT was huge for me! I still have a long way to go, and a lot of hope. No magic from d-rib yet for me.

(Unless you count that my dead spot moved yesterday - usually it's 1:30-3:30; yesterday it was 5:30-7:30. Odd!)

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

BJK77, I'm using Jarrow brand. Yes, it's pure, a loose powder in a jar. I was using capsules of it since the webinar, but just one capsule at a time, 3x per day. I'm cheap/cautious. After I settle down on the D-Ribose, however, I'm thinking of ramping up my dosage of the other mitochondrial Rx supplements. Since I have cut down on some other supplements, there is some room in my pillbox now...

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

10. I've used both Jarrow and Doctors Best brands that are pure powder. I have also used the tablets from Jarrow, just for the convenience when traveling. Don't like those as well.

11. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I am using LEF and Vitamin Shoppe.

12. Zorica Vuletic

One's mitochondria have to be ready for d-ribose, and not use d-ribose for extra help or boost for your sister's journey? I'm a bit confused. Or do you mean that so early in her journey she might find the idea of supplementing a bit daunting?

13. Zorica Vuletic

I'm still very interested in d-ribose but am holding back since it WILL be an extra expense (but I happen to have an extra $70 from a gift card I was able to sell).

So far I am seeing quite good results from other people. Hmmmm...

14. freesia

freesia Old Member

I'm taking 10g d-Ribose now and feeling GOOD!

I took this way back (4 years ago?)...and didn't feel a benefit then so I stopped when the jar ran out.

Is cold adaptation making a difference here? I have the neural pathway dialed in...so biochemistry is more responsive?
    Just pondering. and hopefully making more astute observations than your average NE Wheat Farmer. But there's no guarantees there of course!
    Still, I'm feeling GOOD..so that counts for something!?

ETA Had another thought...if it's not the cold underpinning my newfound benefit of d-Ribose, then it could possibly be regular use of mg malate.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  15. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

I use this: http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-D-Ribose-Powder-8-Ounce/dp/B000MLAO4Y It warms me up, keeps me from nodding off in the morning and in the afternoon.

I don't know why anyone would rave about the taste. Yes, it has a sweetness. Yes, it mixes well in water but it makes me dry heave if I smell it. It's weird because the taste isn't really that strong. I am going to try it with lemon tomorrow.

I take 10 gms about 9 am and then another 10 at 1 pm. I am going to try and just take 20 tomorrow and see if that does it. I don't like carrying the bottle to work. I can smell it in my bag under the desk even though I keep it in a plastic bag too. (I have a sensitive nose.)

16. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

I also want to add that I don't feel like going to bed as soon as I get home from work. It takes me through that slump. I also notice I walk a lot faster. It definitely has increased my energy level. I do notice a little headachy feeling an hour after I take it like I feel when my BP is high. I get a headache about once every couple of years if that so it is really noticeable when I do. A couple of aspirin and I am fine. The first time I took it I really wanted to throw up and started dry heaving about an hour later...at work no less in my super's office. Sigh. But the nausea eventually passed and I don't get it anymore. I have only been taking it since Monday. I started with the 5 gm dose 2x a day and now 10 gm 2x a day. I missed one morning and holy face plant on the desk! I could not keep my eyes awake. Fortunately, I had brought the powder with me to work and mixed it up in about a half a cup of water. In about an hour I was OK again.

17. Destiny

Destiny New Member

My energy level definitely picked up but my heart is pounding very hard even during the night. Is anybody noticing that?

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yep......that happens when one begins to have more ATP being made.......without ATP your heart is starved for energy........and it is on a path to death. With ATP vigor returns........adaptation will occur

19. Destiny

Destiny New Member

20. Thanks for the suggestion Destiny. I like the packets for travel. Beats hauling around a little Tupperware contain full of powder that can open and spill in my purse of suitcase.