1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Your Experience With D-Ribose

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by TheKid, Dec 4, 2012.

1. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

The reduced is ubiquinol, the other is ubiquinone, or also I think often just labeled as CoQ10.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you need the ubiquinol in reduced form because it has the electrons with in it

3. Jude

Jude Gold

Thanks, just checked mine and its the one without the electrons-wouldn't you know it!

4. thanks, my days are pretty much restig, eating, work, and then to bed. my energy levels are different every day. I have been CTing, i spot CT for 45-1hr in the morning and also for about 1-1.5 hrs in the evening right before bed. usually i wake up in the middle of the night super hot and thirsty so i'm trying to get that right too. Everything is such a struggle. My naturopath thought i'd be back to training etc by now... but i feel like its just the tip of the iceburg. its good to have a community of people to feel supported.

5. diane

diane Gold

Hi Jena. Do you time your meals so that they're 4 hours before bed? I have (had?) adrenal fatigue as diagnosed by an ASI test, and I found the biggest difference for me was changing meal timing, blue blockers and timing of sleep. I now don't feel like I have AF symptoms other than getting out of the bed in the morning (although haven't done another ASI test). My energy throughout the day is great, and then I'm tired in the evening. My sleep quality has improved so much - even if I wake during the night, I feel the quality of my sleep has gotten better.

Of course everyone is different - and I'm sure some take longer than others to feel the difference.

6. Hi Diane,
    I eat BAB within the 30 mins of waking (anywhere between 5:30 am and 7am) ... on the days I work, 10- 6pm, my lunch is 2-3pm and then I get home about 6:45 and am not very hungry but try to have something before 7pm, then lights out by 7:30pm, I read (and spot CT) by candle light until about 9pm. But then here's my conundrum, my naturopath has me taking my isocort at noon with a small snack so i'm not sure if i should change my work schedule to have a proper meal at noon, with maybe dinner as I leave work or as a snack at 5pm (i'm a massage therapist so i can't eat whenever since i'm pretty hands on with my patients - of course my electric table and my electric heat pad on the table are surely contributing to loss of electrons!!! rrrr)
    My sleep quality right now is better but not great, if i wake up more than once in the night then i can't get out of bed very well in the morning, but if i only wake once at 2pm, i'm tired but up early, if i wake once at 4 i'm up and raring to go, and crashing about 10am, right when i start work.

I think overall I've had some small improvements in energy levels during the day, but i'm just frustrated with the slow improvements.

7. diane

diane Gold

Did she time the Isocourt with your cortisol levels? I used to take it (although I found it didn't do much when I stopped), but my ND had me take it first thing in the morning. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I didn't realize quite how far I had come until I had some days over the holidays where my light/sleep schedule got messed up. And boy did I feel it.

But I also believe that you have to celebrate any step forward - no matter how small!

8. yes i'm taking it first thing in the morning and at noon. i'm lowest at noon and mid afternoon.

baby steps, and one day at a time [​IMG]

9. Glen PDQ

Glen PDQ New Member

Unfortunately, the reduced form is more expensive, so that's one more way to tell.

10. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

I saw a regular ubiquinone for almost $60. At first I would have thought it was the reduced kind with that price, but it wasn't. Sometimes price gauging exists. Ridiculous.

11. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

So, anyone else taste the d-ribose and feel a compulsion to eat the whole tub?

Tastes like burnt marshmallows. I can't stop the urges that are telling me to have more and more of it, and now suddenly I want banana pudding.

12. diane

diane Gold

Can't say that happened to me! I take mine in the morning right before breakfast.

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I would wager you need the d-ribose... go ahead have some I average btwn 15mg -20mg/day depending on how I feel. I would say those cravings you're having are fully related to lack of D-ribose building blocks to build atp...so your body is going for the easy fix...carbs... hence the binging...

14. I think it tastes a little like maple syrup! YUM! For me it quells a potential craving. You can also try using it in some beverage that will take away the yummy marshmallow taste. I've put it in my coffee and I don't think I even taste it any longer in that. Over time for me personally I notice less of the sweet taste. It's more the energy I get from it that I want!

I hope this doesn't stimulate more cravings for you.

15. Zorica Vuletic

Would people recommend to try d-ribose over coq10 (since I can get that with heart/oysters/offal)? I am thinking for March I might try some. I currently take/use magnesium oil, mg malate, D3 and Vitex.

What are brands and amounts people are comfortable? And am I supposed to take some 'loading' mega dose for a period of time? What are the costs like?

Thanks!!

p.s. If I felt like craving to eat whole container I suppose I would, lol.

p.p.s. I would like to drop the Vitex and D3 (mainly for cost) but I am feeling a benefit from these...and of course...no labs. So pls don't say 'labs'.

16. Zorica Vuletic

Another question. Do people find with d-ribose that it increases body temp? That would be nice to see. Although I have had much success with raising my body temp I could still do better. I am also pretty sure it could never get worse than December anyway, YIKES!

17. Zorica Vuletic

I also should state that I started D3 in December (with some other stuff I'm no longer taking). End of December I started Vitex and am continuing with it. Mid January I added the Magnesiums. I would like to see some regularity with my cycles before I feel comfortable dropping the Vitex. But oooo I would like to just drop it but am too scared. In July I took Vitex and it brought my cycle back; then I thought OOO ALL THE SEAFOOD I DON'T NEED ANY SUPPLEMENTS so I dropped it...6 months later....ya bad idea. :S So yes, I feel 'afraid' to drip the Vitex until I know for sure that my cycle is more regular before I want to 'take a risk'.

Here's a link to the mitochondrial Rx: http://www.totalhealthmagazine.com/articles/cardiovascular-health/the-awesome-foursome.html

It is not just Jack that promotes this combination. I don't like how he acts like he's the 'inventor' but anyways, that's not for this post.

18. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

The sweet taste does make me thing about eating sweets. I haven't given in but it does bring thoughts to my mind. I've considered mixing a little lemon juice with it to try to cut the sweet taste.

19. Zorica Vuletic

Maybe try it with coffee or tea...like a 'sugar' you would use anyway. Maybe that will make it less 'sweet'. But sorry I don't speak from experience since I have not tried this supp (as of yet).

20. Oh, sounds like lemonade in the making!!! :)