1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Your Experience With D-Ribose

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by TheKid, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

hummmm this has me thinking.... that my alleriges/asthma is another function of mitochondrial in-efficiency... b/c I ran out of d-ribose 3wks ago - and when I re-ordered - it was back ordered. pulling threads.... now that I've got my "supply" I've been using it for 5 days now I seem to be getting better....

2. tweety

tweety New Member

I had a problem with D-ribose. I took it for several days, and really noticed it curbed my eating and cravings. So that was good. But after the third day, I noticed I was having a hard time settling down at night and then I was deathly tired in the morning. I had to go back to naps. So I stopped it, and sure enough my energy returned. I would really like to take it again, but I don't know why it made me react that way. I was only taking a 5g dose once a day in the morning.

3. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I have just started taking d-ribose. So far energy might have increased very slightly, heart palpitations seem reduced and warmth in hands after eating is slightly higher but a few other factors have changed recently so cant say for sure.

4. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

Why are most taking D-Ribose? For athletic performance? At what dosage? Any difference between male vs. females?

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'm taking D-ribose to help my mitochondria access the PPP, improve mitochondria efficiency, and help control migraines when I get them...

Chaos and Havoc are also taking it for improved mitochondrial function....

6. Martin

Martin Gold

I'm doing four to five grams a day (scoops) of Jarrow's ribose. Life Extension CoQ10 twice a day, L-Carnitine 1500 mgs spread out, lipoic acid, and tons of Mg of all sorts. All this and gallons of water are really helping with cutting the chronic pain and fatigue. Everyone has noticed especially DW.

Will it shrink my huge head?!

7. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

What does DW stand for?
    Is the general dosage 4-5grams? Would that be appropriate for a 96lbs female? When do you take it? Does it interfere with any other supplements?

8. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I'm also taking it for mitchondrial support.

Just getting ready to head down to the galley (what they call the break room up here) and make a cup of BPC. I add 5G to it. Just had salmon, a square of dark chocolate, and an avocado for lunch. The BPC will top it off...

9. Martin

Martin Gold

DW is "Dear Wife".

I think 3 grams is a good place to start. The worse off your mitochondria are, the more you need ribose and all the others in the RX.

I found it best for me to spread them out all day right up until about an hour after dinner. I started taking 3 scoops a day, three times a day, and downed each dose at once. Sometimes I think it caused a little weirdness so I started putting each scoop in a water bottle and sipping it all along the day, making another bottle when I ran out. If I do hard work(!) I up the drinking a bit, and take extra L-Carn. Q10, etc.

Doesn't seem to affect supplements for me. I have a theory that it will enhance them if your mitochondria are working better.

Yummy lunch, FH!

10. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I'm taking it to help with the adrenal fatigue I am experiencing. I guess it has created a very slight surge of energy after consuming. I'm doing 20-30g per day at the moment.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

when I use it I go heavy too.......

12. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

If I'm a 95lb, 5'4" girl... how much would you recommend....? Adrenal Fatigue...

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Start at 5g then see how you feel. move up as you need too.

14. Martin

Martin Gold

I'm upping mine as well to see if anything gets better, stronger, longer, stiffer, calmer, and all with less pain. I see consistent results with this RX. I carry my water bottle with me everywhere and pop my sups all day when I think they are needed. I'm going over 6 grams today.

Big Head, going outside to the garden now.

15. ColdKnight

ColdKnight New Member

I know this isn't the right spot to bring this up, but I wanted to put it where the latest activity was. The fukushima disaster seems to be invisible to many people. There has been recent activity that should worry most.
    here is one link to the situation. Should we be careful not to eat Japanese sea veggies? do the benefits outweigh the downsides of radioactive isotopes being present at high levels? If we CT and eat the epi-paleo diet should we have less or nothing to worry about?

http://enenews.com/video-the-people...nd-take-action-the-buck-has-to-stop-somewhere

16. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Anyone noticed headaches with high dose d-rib supplementing?

I had 30g today and have a decent headache going on, but this headache also coincided with me eating creamed coconut. I'm pretty sure I've eaten creamed coconut before without headache so I'm thinking maybe its the d-rib.

17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Have you upped your (non-fluoridated) water intake?

18. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Yeah i've been increasing my spring water intake lately so doubt dehydration is the problem.

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

Good luck with all those things Martin - don't forget to post progress reports ...:)

20. persistence

persistence New Member

I'm starting to experiment with d-ribose and have just started to look through the literature on it as well. The positive effects have been reported here and elsewhere, but I was looking for studies that might point out possible adverse effects. One study I found suggested that d-ribose would form advanced glycation products with proteins more rapidly than glucose:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0024623

I do realize nothing in this study suggests any specific level at which ribose might create significant AGEs in humans. Ribose might be quite safe up to a significant percentage of caloric intake. But the study suggests the germ of an idea that at *some* intake level ribose might become toxic by this mechanism. The devil is in the details, and I have no details. But still the study makes me think you wouldn't want to go hog wild on d-ribose (e.g., 1000 calories a day) without studying this more.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014