1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

You know you've embraced Epi-Paleo when...

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Shijin13, Aug 23, 2012.

1. I'm going to try this w/o honey and using coconut aminos. No soy for this Hashis gal!

2. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

when you open a new brand of canned sardines and are utterly disappointed that the skin and bones are missing......

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

What??? Those aren't sardines!!!

4. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

Hey Hashi's gal you might want to go easy on the vinegar, too. Acetaldehyde content of fermented stuff is not good for Hashi's. What are coconut aminos?

5. johnnyb

johnnyb Gold

...when your glasses fog up getting out of the car from running the AC full blast all the time to get a little more cold exposure.

6. Just re-looked at that recipe and realized all the vinegar, plus I don't eat sesames. Yep, not for me. Darn it looked so good. Just got some bladderwrack and I'm thinking I need to dress it up a little.

Coconut aminos are a substitute for soy sauce. They are sweet so the naturally occurring sugar is probably high. http://www.netrition.com/coconut_secret_coconut_aminos.html

7. I love this! I freeze in my care because the AC is always on high.

8. ealachan

ealachan New Member

When you take clothes OFF before going outside when it's chilly, rather than put more clothes ON.

When you squeal "nooo, my melatonin!" in disappointment as your spouse looks at his cell phone to check the time after you've taken your blue-blockers off (ESPECIALLY offensive if it's after a good round of oxytocin therapy. I worked for that melatonin, man!!)

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

when you have to sneak your garbage out to the bins because it smells so bad of sardine tins and oyster shells etc. et.

10. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Oh my! I have started a midden, too. UR sooo weird!!!!!! ;)

11. Ok weirdos ;) I had to look up midden. I love the idea of making yard art out of the shells. I'll call it a midden so I can be in the club.

12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ours is on the front porch.

13. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

I had this experience!! I bought some sardines in a can at the Filipino store. Great, packed in olive oil, I thought. WHERE'S THE BONES?!?! It was very disappointing! I felt quite deprived LOL and needless to say I shall not buy that brand again! :D

14. Endless

Endless Guest

I've got a midden started near my compost pile.....maybe I'll get inspired to build a garden wall or something.

15. lioness7

lioness7 Gold

When....you go to bed at 10 pm, leaving the whole house as is and everyone walks into my room asking "hey are you sick?"

When....you threaten to put a mackerel head in your child's bed when he arbitrarily decides it ain't a fish/seafood night for him.

When....your younger children think your blue blocker glasses are cool and they too want a pair, but dh thinks you've really lost it (hmmm...we'll see!)

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

When you get excited about waiting for the bus on a 47 degree morning in a short sleeve dress. Environmental CT

17. ealachan

ealachan New Member

In a similar vein: when you're listening to the weather on the radio on the way to work and get excited about the "cold snap" that the weather guy is predicting. Bring it on, bitches! :D

18. angieonthegogo

angieonthegogo New Member

I literally said this the other day @ the office. My coworkers think I've lost my mind...must be doing something right!!

19. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

when your roommate tells you he had to polish off your left-over gf bison in the fridge while you were asleep b/c he's very concerned about your brain health and wanted to make sure you will eat your seafood for BAB........:rolleyes:

I'm just glad I have such a considerate roommate...... :D

20. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

When your kids throw a fit b/c you didn't have grilled squid/octopus w/your dinner of grilled mackerel.

When your kids rebel, and demand sardines instead of eating the pulled pork that was made from a 7lb heirloom pork shoulder