1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

You know you've embraced Epi-Paleo when...

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Shijin13, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

lol........... when you get home with your gigantic fish head and are entirely disappointed to the point of angry it doesn't have it's brains anymore

2. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

when you wish you could join Gretchen's family for mealtimes b/c it would make life so much easier for you :eek:

3. TribalSpice

TribalSpice New Member

I am only a newbie here, but I am starting to relate. Our family outing today was to a 13degree (55F) waterhole for a swim and I had to bring my thermometer to decide if it was cold enough.

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Ohnoes, Tribal! You know there is no going back now... ;-)

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

MHS is the next stop :D

Speaking of MHS that's on the menus for lunch tomorrow.

6. TribalSpice

TribalSpice New Member

I have had raw oysters for breakfast, milk has been replaced with butter in my coffee and my butt has been CTed every damn day for 4 weeks, but I draw the line at MHS. for the moment

7. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

You wake up happy that it's 45 deg and the pond is getting cold enough for some serious CT.

8. You could pick anywhere you want for your birthday dinner and you choose to stay home to under cook the fish, eat a ton of oysters and try some seaweed salad.

And, you child eats a giant bowl of seaweed salad and proclaims he NEEEEEEEEEDDDSSSSS MORE!

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

can you tell me about the seaweed salad please - do you buy it ready made or make it? I haven't quite figured out what I am looking at yet at the Asian market. I did see a bag of seaweed salad in the cooler. Is that what I want? thanks

10. when dating, a man gets serious points for saying he loves seafood.....until you realize he means beer battered :eek:

and

resisting the urge to ask for a hormone panel before the third date

11. TribalSpice

TribalSpice New Member

Hahahaha. That is too funny!

12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I picked some up at Costco kids eat it up

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Chaos & Havoc have declared squid & octopus as their favorite seafood

14. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Those kiddos are way ahead of me! I cannot get over looking at those things. They gross me out completely.

Good thing they have a really cool mom who knows all about this stuff.;) Wait til they are in school and really talk about this stuff although they probably do know.

15. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Caroline, be REALLY careful with ready-made seaweed salads. I'm guessing Aussie is like NZ and it is most usually with MSG added, but often called other things (there is a list of synonyms/numbers that can be used)... I've found this to be the case even at the small Asian markets. I have no idea if this is true in the US. Buy it dehydrated (health shops usually have pure stuff) and make the salad yourself to be sure.

16. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I've found my taste of squid flower as it's called in my Asian store. That was yummy.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

thanks Lauren. so you buy dried seaweed and then rehydrate it and make a dressing for it?

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

The best way to cook squid/octopus on the girl w/smoked wood chips. Brushed w/avocado oil salt pepper & garlic

19. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

There is a great NZ company that sells mostly NZ-harvested seaweeds (with some imported from Europe) and I buy directly from them. In bulk! Then I rehydrate to make seaweed salads (and yes, then I make a dressing). But I also just sprinkle it directly on food or into soups. I eat handfuls every day. One easy way is to mash an avocado, add sea salt and some lemon juice and then chuck in a bunch of seaweed. Because it's not re-hydrated some of it (other than kelp, usually) will still be very crunchy (dulse especially) or chewy (like arame/wakame) but it still tastes great.

20. My version of the wakame salad. . . I looked at a bunch o recipes and came up with my own.

1 bag of wakame, crunched up into warm water till it's soft. You will know! doesn't take long. You need a bigger bowl than you think!!

2 tbs, rice vinegar

1 tbs, apple cider vinegar

1 tbs, raw local honey

1.5 tbs of actual soy sauce. . .it's expensive because it's an actual fermented thing. I think you could use coconut aminos.

2 tbs of sesame oil

Grated ginger, about a tbs - to taste.

I tasted and made adjustments as desired on the sauce. drained the seaweed in the salad spinner and mixed and refridgerated and sprinkled sesame seeds on when serving. Kiddo L O V E D it.