1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

You know you've embraced Epi-Paleo when...

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Shijin13, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

You drink the left over bacon fat you cooked your shrimp in to be sure you got all the goodies :D

2. Huck

Huck Silver

You buy an RV so you can go to where the fresh seafood is.

3. ealachan

ealachan New Member

You don't even mash up the sardines or canned salmon anymore to try and break the bones up...you just happily crunch away, thinking "mmm, calcium!"

4. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

You eat the leggies off of shrimp and actually enjoy it!

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

You are happy because raw oyster stopped making you gag. :D

6. kathylu

kathylu Gold

You actually go fishing. I'm going this weekend...

7. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Your blender suspiciously smells kinda fishy :D

The guy at the Asian Store at the fish counter won't even ask anymore if you want the heads cut off and guts taken out of your purchase. He just bags it all up.

9 tubs of fish roe seem too little to get you through a couple weeks.

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

when the kids ask for oyster, sardines or squid at a meal.

9. Qodesh

Qodesh New Member

When you've ordered enough seaweed to last a year.

When the fish you caught two weeks ago is still air aging/drying in the fridge.

When you have two sardines in the freezer awaiting your first fish smoothie.

10. jayjha1@gmail.com

jayjha1@gmail.com New Member

when you do drop $14.99 on 4oz of wild king salmon roe and are irritated that it's the last jar they have

11. ealachan

ealachan New Member

When people mention a good sale on fish at a grocery store two towns over and you drive half an hour out of your way to check it out.

12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

When you get excited over frozen mixed seafood selling for $3.99/lb at the international mkt b/c that same seafood mix costs $11.99 at Trader Joes!

Or when you see MD blue crabs on sale for a $1.99

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Oh you also plot to figure out how many meals you can have w/seafood in a week

14. ealachan

ealachan New Member

When you start calling around to your aunties' houses looking for a stock pot or canning pot because you want to boil lobsters!

Which reminds me, I need to make that phone call...

15. johnnyb

johnnyb Gold

That side of GF beef is doing time in the freezer because you eat seafood every day. Good thing it will keep for surf and turf.

16. popcornsally

popcornsally New Member

When you consistently clear the lunch room at work because everyone is so grossed out by what you're eating ;););)

17. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

johnnyb I'm right with you. I finally took a break from seafood yesterday and threw a New York strip on the grill for breakfast! Egg yolks and CO also tagged along, as if I was making up with as many saturated fats as possible after cheating on them for so long

18. AKMan

AKMan New Member

I'm heading out this weekend for my yearly moose hunt. When I was packing my food, I realized that last year I shot a moose on the first day, so all of last year's food was still packed in my camping gear. I laughed when I looked at it. I was firmly 'primal blueprint' at the time. Here's what I had for a week: 10 cans of Spam, 10 cans of Vienna Sausages, 5 bags of teryaki beef jerky, instant rice, and several bags of nuts. This year I am bringing 10lbs of dried raw salmon, 10 cans of oysters in water, 5 lbs of raw, dirty carrots and 5 lbs of tomatoes from my garden, 2 lbs of sauerkraut I just made in a stone crock.

I don't plan on shooting a moose right away this year, I want to enjoy the 40 degree nights sleeping in a tent. I'm also packing a cooler of ice so I can save the heart, kidneys, liver, brains, and all the fat I can find--this usually gets left behind for the bears.

Epi-paleo Alaskan Style!

19. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

If you don't wait for the salmon in the dehydrator to reach any sort of "Dry" state anymore..... you just keep munching away on the raw stuff.

20. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Haha why even bother drying it unless you have too much