1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

you have health insurance; did you know that no one in your area accepts it????

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Shijin13, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

for those who are excited about having access to health insurance for 2013 - guess what? you may not have access to doctors or hospitals who take it.

Choas had a PEd Endo apt this Thrusday but it was cancled . Now Georgetown Hospital Pediatrics/Medstar is trying to figure out how to get us in in this week or next week so Choas can been seen and still have her visit covered by our current ins provider United Health Care b/c when I told her we changed health ins and that GT/Medstar wasn't accept BCBS (or BCBS Federal) for next year she was aghast, put me on hold and verified w/ their ins section. When she came back on - she was shocked that GT/Medstar will only be accepting one BlueCross ins next year - which is Anthem BC. Welcome to the new age of health care, courtesy of the ACA. Buckle up folks it's going to get worse, as you may now have hospitals, and physicians in your area - who can't treat you. How about them apples.....

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Those apples are rotten!

I think you are right. This is going to become the norm for us during 2014-2015...finding out that our current docs no longer on our provider list. I also forsee more going into coincerge type practices.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Go Obama........I told ya it was coming and people did not believe it.

4. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Yes, they passed the Bill, now we are finding out what's in it....

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Those street corner clinics that you see springing up everywhere are subsidized somehow, I have heard, by the government. In the future, we will all go to the Doc-in-the-Box for medical care. I believe there will be one doctor on site, supervising a team of Physician Assistants. But at least we will all be able to get our Statin and flu shots!