1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Yes!!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by ChristineKleiber, Mar 24, 2012.

1. ChristineKleiber

ChristineKleiber New Member

You can find my back story scattered around here - mostly in the meet/greet - but I will post more to follow. But today I absolutely must take a moment to note that I'm at 158 lbs this am. So what, I'm sure you may say since I am 47 @ 5'8 and my optimal weight is probably somewhere in the high 140s. But this is the first time in a DECADE that I have been below 160.

Props to my CF box - the home I've had for 4 years where I've heard the good word about nutrition and learned to love lifting really heavy things

Props to Mark Sisson - who has helped me change my mental outlook to one of living in my body vice beating it into submission and for having that breadth of understanding that not every body is the same body. What works for one, will need tweaking for the next

Props to Robb Wolf - for making Paleo fun science and mentioning the Leptin Reset in a podcast.

and the biggest cheer to Dr. K who has put the circadian structure on my life, validated my hatred for hot weather, and really started to make me well. After yo-yo'ing in the 165 - 173 range for 3 years, I'm shedding it, sleeping, saying goodbye to PMDD, nixing the cognitive fog, and getting motivated to live another 50 years.

On 19 May, my oldest daughter is going to be commissioned an officer in the USMC, just like her mom was 25 years ago. My dream is to stand next to her on that day within USMC ht/wt standards - that is just 2 lbs away and so very much within reach. Dr K... you get a very loud and thunderous OOORAAAAH!

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

HoooAhhh! Awesome job! Congrats on dd following in mummy's combat boots!!! I would be lucky if eithere of mine choose to follow my footsteps and go to USAFA. Of course I'd be happy if either decided to go into the military. I'd glady salute them! Are you doing the actual commissioning & pinning on???? I remember when my uncle did that for me.

3. ChristineKleiber

Shijin - you can only guess how closely she's followed. NROTC scholarship to Notre Dame - my alma mater. Plan is to run a 5k with her around the twin lakes early in the am before commissioning. Her dad - who went to Nebraska - actually stayed in long enough to retire, so I think deferring to him to do the swearing in is appropriate. That said, I was an adjutant by MOS and have read the warrant at many a ceremony and I may ask to do the same here. The pinning is definitely one a piece to Mom and Dad. The first salute will come from her brother who is also a midshipman. Still investigating to see if I can swing it for a set of real gold butter bars. I didn't have them, and was dumb and didn't preserve the set I wore that day.

4. Birdy

Birdy New Member

congrats on all of your accomplishments

5. I love this post. Claps for you!

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Hope she's got her silver dollar ready to give her little brother!!! I still have my mess dress - but its at my parents house... I don't have any of my ranks any longer... too much stuff to lug around... pretty cool thing...one things for sure the military is a calling... and even though I'm no longer in... my daily work contributes to the warfighter at home and abroad - I love that...

7. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Your joy this morning brought a smile to my face & warmed my heart. Thank for sharing with us!

8. Adria

Adria New Member

Yes great to hear of your success !!!

9. David

David Silver

Excellent, cgk!!!

I really liked your line about validating your dislike for hot weather; I share that thought.

Good luck to your daughter at Quantico. Semper Fi!

10. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Woohoo amazing progress!! Well done!

11. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Amazing!! Congrats on all your accomplishments!!

12. ChristineKleiber

David - I still live within striking distance of Brown Field. Those 17 black flag days in the summer I went to OCS are forever emblazoned on my soul. As I've said before - the only reason to train in the summer is for the glory of running among the falling leaves in the woods in October. The three years I was stationed at Camp Pendleton were really hard. This girl from upstate NY needs her seasons. And now I know why!