1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

YES abroad- Which countries to consider for optimal?

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Matty_M, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Josh

Josh Gold

India wins "culturally rich" hands down in my experience. In and around Bangalore one would have access to the entire range of civilization on the planet at this time...

2. Josh

Josh Gold

There is a large ex-pat presence in the area because of its international importance in the IT industry, so any food would be available. The coast is not far so seafood will be available from both Muslim and Christian community outlets (the South has a huge Christian population as well as Muslims and Hindus). Sri Lanka is an easy trip for more contrast.

3. Penny

Penny New Member

Macedonia or Turkey would be amazing... of course, I'm a bit biased as I'm Greek:)

4. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

curious where hawai'i stands on the list of optimal vs not so optimal places to live?

5. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Any recommendations for Indonesia would be appreciated. Am going next year in January. Obviously away feom tourists in a low nnEmf and population??

6. So in terms of an optimal country, it would be based just on sunlight - maybe also how far away from ocean (iodine) or are there other magnetic pull considerations?
    I live in Germany now, but I am seriously considering moving.

7. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member

I went to Turkey this May, some thoughts:

All the tourists areas in Dalaman are full of radiation. Every bar has wireless. Nearly every cubic CM of beach has high reading on Acoustimeter due to wireless antennas on trees opposite beach. Idiot tourists demand wifi, so every establishment has to have it.

If you go out towards mountains(just 5 minutes in car) and stay in villa YOU ARE GOOD to go. No detectable radiation levels in some places.

Every day is sunny. Every morning is warm and bright. The heat in the midday is ridiculous. It hit over 100 when I was there.

Dalaman is surround by mountains with pine trees.

Not too many cars on the road.

Seafood at every restaurant. Plenty of sea bass and prawns all over, restaurants on front have salmon and lobster too.

On the way back to airport there are plenty of green areas with few properties that have no wifi. As we got closer to the airport I noticed more and more masts, but still way less than UK Cities.

Inger and drezy like this.
  8. Pogo

Pogo New Member

I was in Lombok back in May.

As long as you stay away from Mataram (the tri-city area), most of the island is never too far away from very poor to non-existent signal, and few people. It seems from mobile coverage maps that this is so for most of the islands in West and East Nusa Tenggara.

Obviously (most of) Bali et al now have ubiquitous 4G mobile and wireless access.

Antonis likes this.
  9. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

So is Lombok a poor emf place to go?

10. Pogo

Pogo New Member

Depends on where in Lombok, Antonis.

As per previous, if you wish to avoid nnEMF, you should stay away from the more populous areas - Mataram and Senggigi, mostly. These are both in the East. Wireless infrastructure and population density is far sparser in the North, and more so again in the South and East.

Not sure how long this will be the case. In many areas, every second shop is a SIM dealer for one or two of the top telcos, so I am sure the infrastructure will modernise (and increase its reach) over time.

NB: This is all based on the quality of the signals that I observed while there; along with some validation from Telco coverage maps. I didn't carry an RF meter, so the reality may differ.

Antonis likes this.
  11. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

I will try to take meters with me and stay north a mostly

12. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Thanks btw.

Pogo likes this.