1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Yec'hed mat

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by thomas, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

You see, Thomas. I quote a British rock song and B612 quotes a great French writer. No contest. :rofl:

2. b612

b612 New Member

But all we want is to make you feel better :rolleyes:

3. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

thanks guys^ it's fun to make catchy sentances isn't it.

Gagnrad likes this.
  4. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

Well, I was soundly beaten, Thomas, as mine was only from a rock song.

It was the first line of Cream's Tales of Brave Ulysses. I think he was in my mind because I've been re-reading the Odyssey - or rather listening to it as an audio book this time. I'd just got up to the encounter with the cyclops. I found it quite interesting to listen to, because I'd forgotten that the cyclopes were said not to till barley, which just grows wild around them, and to "have no civility". They're "wild men" of a sort - though they keep sheep.

What I thought was interesting was that they're solitary. It made me think of the 17th and 18th century contract thinkers, who envisaged the "original state" of man, whether positively or negatively, as a solitary one. Nothing could be further from the truth, of course. And a human being in a truly solitary state wouldn't even be recognisably human - as your countryman Jean Marc Gaspard Itard found with Victor of Aveyron (L'Enfant Sauvage).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Marc_Gaspard_Itard

5. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

Slept like shit the all week. Have not been so low in a long time.
    Guess what? Yersterday I found I had a tablet computer "on" 1 meter from my brain at night (I used it few days ago). Shut it down, put it in another room. Slept just fine, feel much better.

Is it just a coincidence?
    Well for me that certainly works to transform the nnemf issue from a potential possibility into a personal truth. I am gonna take it much more seriously.

6. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

Apart from that what I've spent the vast majority of my time doing lately is thinking/researching where to move at least till march/april.
    I will probably write about that later, but that might take a lot of pages.

7. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

I am a weirdo, 1/4 Vietnamese - 3/4 Celt.
    I have deep blue eyes, white skin, reddish beard, but pretty dark hair, and a skinny southeast-asian figure(think bruce lee) And I tan very easily, and very deeply. Does that mean my ability to get sun is fucked, or the opposite enhanced?
    Maybe I can never get enough sun at high lattitudes. Maybe I always get too much sun at low lattitudes. Maybe I got the best of both worlds, adaptation to both little sun and lot of sun. Who knows?? Only I can...

8. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

It's now clear to me, the time of the year I feel best is late August/ September. There I can think the best, feel happiest, get the most motivation.
    I think it's also the time when Vitamin D is the highest(in mid-latittude-north-hemishpere), and when I got the most accumululated sun. Coincidence? I think not.

If we consider that 40-50deg solar angle is the minimum to make significant amount of vitamin D, then we need to go south of 16-26deg lattitude to make D all year long.(north hemisphere).

9. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

This morning I got a few ideas to cure some of the mental clutter that plague me from time to time...
    Comparing yourself to others, or to most people = Conformity = The most dangerous force = Fastlane to mediocrity = Guaranteed mental clutter
    You have your own path among an infinite number, Every one has his own unique path. Some people achieve in a week what others won't even do in their lifetime. the only difference is what's in between their ears and how they use it.
    Don't compare yourself to others, instead take mindsets, ideas and behavioral cues from people that inspire you.

10. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

Brain is booting... NICE:) The 120 days around the winter solstice absolutely sucks tho.
    Largest mistake of the year, not getting out of europe before the light gets too low and I am too lethargic to move my ass.
    My most likely destination next october is SouthEast Asia unless I change my mind. Right now probably gonna spend the next month in morocco. Then April-september traveling around europe. Not fixed plans yet, but that's just the idea.
    BTW traveling to the right countries often cost less money than living at home in the first world.

Jenelle likes this.
  11. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

thomas ~ how cool that you are able to travel the world. So many of us are "stuck" (or so it seems). ;)

I read a post from you about the 4-hour Workweek book, and I've got it in my Amazon cart to read someday. I am intrigued. Thank you.

12. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

You know it's just about removing the bullshit beliefs in the head.. Seriously you can live for 3 months in se-asia with 1 month of minimal income from france, that's something anyone can do. I realised from the people that think they can't do what I do, that it's also true for the things I think I can't do, but other people do. the truth is more like if someone can do something, there's a high probability you/I can do it too.
    Check: it's pretty accurate on the cost of living by country.
    http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/rankings_by_country.jsp
    also check "life nomadic" on tynan.com. It's good principles on travel.
    But I cheat, I am a single guy. That's why I can't really give advice to families with fixed income and jobs and schools. Tho I have seen a lot of families traveling too(with kids homeschooled as well).. There are a lot of ways to live and spend your days and get people to give you money for sure!

4 hour work week will definitely give you good principles. Maybe the most packed powerful book I've ever read.

Optimalbound and Jenelle like this.
  13. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

Just remembered my formula for exteme sexual drive that I discovered by accident at christmas.
    it's simple.. duck liver+oysters in large enough quantities. Guys that will make your balls want to explode, ladies I dunno LOL.

Btw these days i think a lot of health as a point based system.(thanks to scompy I think) exemple..
    Get some sun you get some credit.
    Go to bed to late with artifical light you get some(big) debit.
    Based on it a lot of people are in the negative of course.

14. Inger

Inger Silver

love your sex drive formula...LOL add nude sunbathing and your balls will explode.... :D
    My fiance decided to stop eating oysters in Nice after our first oyster dinner as it was too powerful together with the mediterranean sun he just could not even sleep anymore his hormones were boiling too much... lol i will never forget that ;) :) I thought it was so cute and I would not have minded him have even more oysters.... :love:

I eat liver and oysters frequently... love them both... makes me feel just awesome :) :)

I like your point system / health :) that is how I think too... like.. I need to recharge my battery and I can consciously de-charge it with... doing things like eating late.. staying inside etc. and then I have to recharge again...because I do not like how I feel..lol

15. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

So I just returned from 3 weeks in fuerteventura. This island got a great energy. Lots of volcanoes, lots of sun, lots of ocean and waves. Cool people. Not too many wifi&cell antenas, I barely used internet there. hell lots of areas without signal even. I can definitely recommand the canaries for the european people, easy and cheap to go, rather inexpensive too.
    Other than that I have peroids where I follow the health principles of this community better and others where I just fall off (to the point of living late at night, sometimes).

On another topic.
    So I tried working out again. Not much just some calisthenics like chins, dips, one leg squats in nature going to maybe 80% of muscular failure.(leaving 2 reps in the bank). 3x a week.
    A bit on this model:

(some inspiration)
    Unfortunately got a bit too tired after a week. Like hell kind of tired, no motivation, no happy energy, not worth it. Really sucks actually. So I stop for now. It's ok, it's a symptom and a health clue, no need to get angry or depressed. Now just need to find the roots of this problem and play health detective top hopefully fix it. So I am asking the members here if they have clues where I should direct my search and solutions maybe? I don't even know if it has a name? fatigue?

peace(of mind). thomas.

WalterNL and caroline like this.