1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Yeast food intolerances-any hope to maintain after hcg?

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by Kcaliaz, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Kcaliaz

Kcaliaz New Member

Sorry for the bazillion questions but I could use some advice, direction, etc.

So, I've done 2 previous rounds, lost 15-17 lbs each time but could not maintain it at all! Gained it all back plus some! Followed the P3 guidelines, but no go. I've since had labs done that have shown major yeast in my digestive tract along with an egg allergy (I never knew!! I was eating eggs daily!). My dr put me on nystatin for 3 weeks and I had significant die off symptoms, but I don't think it got rid of it in such a short period of time. Also have been taking 7keto DHEA to increase testosterone levels and a few cycles of Progesterone (oral) to see if we can jump start my body into raising my levels (it was 0.2 on day 18...yikes!). Not sure if I believe my dr on that one...can taking it a few cycles really jump start your body into making it on its own??

I have now started another hcg round and am losing slowly. I seem to have some hunger this time around which I didn't have the first 2 rounds. I'm on hucog injections...125 units...same as my previous rounds. Should I go lower, like 110, to see if it helps reduce the hunger?

And even more importantly, I want to plan out how to proceed in P3 this time around. I want to maintain!!! I'm thinking I should make sure absolutely no gluten, no eggs, no nuts. Should I give up dairy too? I don't normally have any except 2 tbps half n half in my coffee...should I give that up to, you think? Also thinking of taking garlic extract, oil of oregano and perhaps Candex to continue to fight off the yeast.

Any other things that may be a factor in not maintaining in P3?? Thanks for any suggestions!! I'm so worried I won't be able to maintain again...

2. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

So sorry for your problems! I don't believe you can jumpstart your body into making progesterone. Your levels start plummeting in your thirties. Not sure how old you are though. If you have taken at least 4 shots, skip your shot tomorrow. If you feel better, then lower the dose. If no better, then raise it a bit. I bet it's too high though. The more rounds you do, the less you need. :) I would do no grains, eggs, nuts and dairy. Try butter in your coffee. Many who gain on half and half can do the butter just fine. It tastes just like cream in your coffee. Throw it into the blender with MCT oil and it has a nice "head" on it too. So yummy! Good luck.

3. Kcaliaz

Kcaliaz New Member

Ok, skipped dose this morning...we'll see how I do hunger-wise.

As for eliminating foods, I'm willing to give it a try! So, no eggs, no gluten, no dairy, no nuts, no artificial sweeteners. I'll just use coconut milk in my coffee....although the butter idea sounds much better! I'll have to try that. I'm going to make up a list of meal options so I'm fully prepared for P3 and don't rely on old standby foods that I'm trying to avoid.

Worried about the progesterone issue. I am in my first cycle of no progesterone....have one more before I get another blood test. Just don't want me levels to plummet again and have that be a factor in not maintaining in P3. Maybe if I start to feel poorly again this cycle I can call my dr to get back on it. I'm in my 30's so I don't think I'll start magically producing normal levels of it again!

Colleen- do you recommend a certain calorie range once I jump into P3?

Thanks for the advice!! It's much appreciated!!

4. IceBarbie

IceBarbie New Member

I just wanna toss in the idea of trying Colloidal Silver for your yeast. I've tried many things over the years at a huge cost to our family budget and CS is the best thing I have found for Candida. I take about 3 tablespoons in the morning and again before bed. Yeast is a difficult thing to get under control. I've read that it goes dormant in the body then it will start proliferating again once you eat sugars or starches. I absolutely believe in killing it--not starving it. Starving it by cutting out all fruits and sugars only makes it morph and cause leaky gut as it searches deeper in your body for sugars to feed it. I use 16 oz bottles of Silver Biotics that I get at iherb.com for $26 (about $15 less than what my health food store sells it for locally). I've read that Sovereign Silver is good too but it's pricier. I did use MesoSilver too but it didn't seem to have any effect on my Candida. Hope this helps!

5. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I don't believe in counting calories. :) How did the skip day go with your hunger?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

this thread is going to like the next blog.......just saying

7. Kcaliaz

Kcaliaz New Member

Will be sure to read the next blog then!

Colleen-skip day went well...less hunger. So I've reduced the injection to 110. Doing better there but still some hunger. My only thought is maybe the killing yeast project at the same time is affecting my hunger levels?? I feel like I start tugging on a thread, which leads to even more threads. Thought I just had adrenal fatigue. Then discovered thyroid problems, then discovered hormone problems, then discovered a yeast overgrowth problem, then discovered food sensitivities. And through it all, weightloss has alluded me, except when im on hcg. I'm sure there's so much more going on that I just don't understand yet. And it seems my doc doesn't understand it either! I'll just keep reading, learning, asking questions. Thanks for following up with me!

8. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Try bumping it down just a bit more. All those hormonal things are so interconnected. Makes your head hurt. :(

Excited to see what you're coming up with, Doc!

9. Fredricked

Fredricked New Member

Try butter in your coffee. Many who gain on half and half can do the butter just fine. It tastes just like cream in your coffee. Throw it into the blender with MCT oil and it has a nice "head" on it too. So yummy! Good luck.

------------------------------

TVs making the ideal into reality --- Supernatural Season 7 DVD, What We Need Is Persist.