1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Yarralea's journal with DD7 in mind

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by yarralea, Oct 9, 2013.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

Wait a second which hormone were you thinking @caroline? I meant melatonin.

I was regularly read stories before bed and Yarralea has such a nice voice it makes me want to hear bedtime stories again maybe some Outback Adventures. That's one of my least favorite things about having grown up(slightly)-- nobody is going to read you bedtime stories.

My journey with paleo was quite similar. We talk about resets around here and the program mentioned in the interview is like mental reset and physical reset PLUS for people who really need it. Mix in some mitochondriac and her people probably stand a way better chance than most.

@yarralea are you happy, sad, or a mix of both when you launch a successfully assisted person back out into the world? Seem to me those moments could be a complex blend of emotions.

Phosphene and caroline like this.
  2. yarralea

yarralea New Member

Hey Drezy,

I'm usually happy to see people go on their way. I'm still in contact with all of them. After care is pretty important, as this client group generally need ongoing support- and to know someone cares. So today I've text one client offering a letter of support, another has got a picture file of the yoga stretching list. In all honesty, the after care contact is about ensuring people can come back, and also ensuring they don't come back. It's kind of like giving up the smokes, sometimes it takes a few attempts, but people learn a lot from each one, and eventually get there. Most addictions are swapped out- the idea is to swap in the healthy interventions, the healthy distractions and the healthy obsessions. Miss LackofGratitude is probably the one I'm most proud of- she learnt enough and saw the benefits so is now doing her damnedest to show me that she doesn't need me. WINNING! I keep sending her little messages to inform her that she can totally do it without me / in spite of me, but better will be having me in her corner for when she has no one. Her pattern of behavior is use and abuse, and exhaust people. Somewhat typical of people who have grown up in governmental care.

I have a nice voice? Ick, I despise hearing my own voice. My favourite voice is Dan Carlin (hardcore history podcast)- he has a 4 hour podcast on German anabaptists and executions and torture of 1535AD, and I sometimes listen to that as I drift off to sleep. Which should probably concern me.....

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  3. yarralea

yarralea New Member

best go jump in an icy tub of cold water for a few minutes then.

Actually the voice isn't the sexy thang- it's the fact that the owner of the voice can sit in an icebath for an hour and talk lifestyle ad nauseum!

drezy and caroline like this.
  4. yarralea

yarralea New Member

I just had a quick reread of my journal- that is quite odd to do so.

Now I'm thinking of getting the wheelie bin of ice water going again- just for old times sake.

drezy and caroline like this.
  5. drezy

drezy Gold

I knew that you had to have an awesome sense of humor. Hey what's a little execution before bedtime? I'm no psychoanalyst so I'm just calling it good clean fun.

I've got some people in my family that would qualify. How do you keep the troublesome men away? One thing I've noticed with my cousin, with similar life patterns, is that troublesome loser men who are otherwise completely unfunctional can sense her from distances further than flies can detect fresh dung.

It's like these guys are total losers at life but still get to have one superpower.

You sparked this for me(jump to the 50s mark) "I don't need anything":

caroline likes this.