1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Yarralea's journal with DD7 in mind

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by yarralea, Oct 9, 2013.

1. yarralea

yarralea New Member

I have noticed a huge boost in my sleep since adding a lot more sunbaking and sauna with cold plunges. I have never slept 9 hours two nights in a row, but that totally happened last night.

I'm kind of in love with my sauna. So it's a Far IR and I have it at around 58 degrees Celsius. Cool plunge in the end. I did a plunge mid sauna and it just didn't seem right.

I am still seeking an idea of how to earth my pool water. Both for my plunge pool (mid summer 19 degrees, and my chilly bin)

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Great Yarra .....tell us more

Where did you get it? Expensive?

3. yarralea

yarralea New Member

The FIR sauna, it came from the glorious gumtree. It's an iHealth 2 person- Far. My friends had exactly the same sort- they had researched quite a lot and when I had a session in theirs I felt quite comfortable. We got it for $2600 (aud) My DH likes an AM sauna, after his morning walk- and when I say morning, it's practically the middle of the night, like 430am! He likes it when he returns, so his body is already warmed up. He also likes to have the temp up very high (62 degrees C). I have managed to change this creature of habit a fair bit- but have to acknowledge my limits. His post dinner snack of chocolate has been cut back, so I'm just going to acknowledge the wins! I like mine either before yoga at around 530pm, or around 8 pm at night. I find I sleep so much better, longer. Not so sure I should be having one every night, but I want to, but have nights off- kind of having time coffee.
    In other news I have started a new job. I found someone on facebook who runs a regenerative farm that grows ethical, pastured etc chickens. lambs, pigs and soon to be beef, maybe DUCKS. YUMMMMMMM! I am getting to know the farming sustainability, but really I am the delivery driver- 3 days a week. One day we pack for orders so I am learning a lot about the cuts of animals, best ways in which to treat them. They are Joe Salatin fans (Joe has spent time at their farm) and they are hard working people. Given the fact that the farm is nowhere near the coast, it is not an oyster farm. Just imagine living at an oyster bank...... They have an organic, informed about soil microbiome and the impact of chemicals- so we get on well. I get paid actual cash, but there is a major meat pay off that makes me happy. I have access to as many chicken feet as I could ever use.

Life is good.

fitness@home and caroline like this.
  4. yarralea

yarralea New Member

In other news, I have started a website for the NOW reset community. The aim is to have a live in environment where people can come to digitally detox, deal with trauma and learn to live a life that is more in line with our natural biology. Essentially, I am seeking people with addiction problems.
    on facebook, the page is naturally optimized wellness
    https://www.facebook.com/naturallyoptimizedwellness/
    and the website is
    naturallyoptimizedwellness.com although I think I need something shorter.....

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

As usual ... you blow me away Yarra!

Does this farm accomodate guests? There is an organic farmers network - I can't remember the name - where you can stay and help out..

6. yarralea

yarralea New Member

woofers- work on organic farm food and accomodation.

Yes we have a residential program on offer. I need to work on promoting it

caroline likes this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nice work!

yarralea likes this.
  8. yarralea

yarralea New Member

Ooh best catch up- it has been a few months.

I am loving my FIR sauna and contrasting with the cold tub. The cold tub sits naturally at 10 C- so I have given up having a dedicated freezer of ice for the wheely bin! It's been a morning ritual. Interestingly, the muscle gain has been insane- without really much exercise- I'm sprinting maybe once a week now softball has ceased.

In other news, I am travelling to the australian childhood trauma conference in melbs next week. Stopping in Ballarat on friday. Might be heading to coonabarabran in early october....... I guess I should pop over to Sydney.....

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Please let me know where and when you land! ETA?????

You are a marvel!

Are you still rollerblading?

yarralea likes this.
  10. yarralea

yarralea New Member

Right, a little update.

The mental health rehab is built. A few long term clients have been here, and there have been some significant successes. Bad news, the neighbours hate the idea- I mean, lights out at 8pm, dawn walks, no smoking, sugar, alcohol and smoking. Please. However, some are professional complainants. They can GEAD.

Any way, client 1, addicted to meth, 4 year daily habit, a smoker and more addicted to sugar and shopping- major trauma background. Spent 3 1/2 months here and has left clean, having given up smoking. Doing much much better at life, but still has a long way to go in conducting relationships.
    client 2- addicted to an iPad. So much so that she was prepared to be homeless and living under a bridge than be without a screen... anyway, weighed in at 110kg, left after 2 months 10 kilos lighter and no longer a diabetic. Is still in contact, despite her being abusive and ungrateful, but asks about supplements, exercise.... but rude as hell. Pretty happy her BSLs went from 28s to 5s... and the cracks in her feet started to heal. Needed to be here for about a year, but struggled to not be abusive as is common with borderline personality disorder cases- her childhood trauma was pretty extreme.
    Client 3, has lost 10 kilos in the 2 months he has been here. Major trauma background, addicted to pain meds, on antipsychotics and was on blood pressure medication. Blood pressure has normalised, and he is starting to get motivated to drop the pain patch. Brain function (executive) incredibly low for an articulate, intelligent bloke. If you were in Australia and I said "couldn't organize a root in a brothel" or couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery, you would get what I am talking about. Shit gets lost, cannot organise ANYTHING without stress. Writes emails and they disappear, forgets appointments, has to schedule every detail and somehow nothing gets done. We are working on writing lists and completing tasks in full. Like if you are going to empty the fireplace, do so, right down to disposing of the ashes. Lovely bloke, has been through a life of shit upon shit. I'm actually thinking he needs a bit of fasting to clear out the defunct parts of his brain.
    Client 4 came for 1 week to get off pot, alcohol, sugar and the cigarettos. Nailed the fuck out of it. Working offsite with neurofeedback to start working through the shit that was keeping her content and stoned each night- reality has hit.

Hey Caroline, there's a podcast called that Paleo show- I was a guest on it. Nervous as all hell, probably rambled and sounded like a dill, but I'm out there!

In other news I also have another client who is offsite- PTSD former SAS with aspirations to take his golf to the professional level. Using neurofeedback, diet and icebaths. Has lost a few kgs, and inflammation is down, and he's off the sugar.
    Garden is looking pretty bloody good too. Water recycling and capture in full swing, and now I have 2800 square metres of yard between the two properties to weed. I hate stinging nettles. Like really despise them. Properties have olive trees (3) apple trees (3) mulberry, fig, pear, stunted lemon, kefir lime, raspberry, quince, peach, nectarine, walnut (2) plum (2) and some ornamental grape vines.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

We gotta come see you! Tony's son is care taking at a nudist caravan park around there somewhere. Hopefully we will be on the road by December.

I am so proud of you and all the wonderful work you are doing Michelle

Do you have a link for the podcast?

yarralea likes this.
  12. yarralea

yarralea New Member

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

fantastic interview Michelle ...... everyone needs to know what you are doing.

14. drezy

drezy Gold

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

you are an idiot Dan !!! ^^^^^^meant in the nicest possible way..........

fitness@home likes this.
  16. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

I read the first page of this thread and though OMG!!!!

Then I read the last page and thought WOW

What a transformation/

You are the epitome of going 0-100 real fast!!!!

caroline likes this.
  17. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

. . . . and since you set the tone I guess that precludes me from making any Aussie/Kiwi type jibes :(

drezy and caroline like this.
  18. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

But seriously, as I mentioned in Caroline's thread about your podcast and your work - perhaps you have some locals that could contribute hippotherapy to your toolbox - especially for the young and the autistic/aspergers afflicted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equine-assisted_therapy

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    drezy and caroline like this.
  19. caroline

caroline Moderator

Sandy Kruse alert ^^^^

20. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Just a FYI Caroline, I think you may be referring to Mrs Kruse above but my name is Sandy too - spooky aye . . . .

Sandy - short for Alexander - Scottish

caroline likes this.