1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Yarralea's journal with DD7 in mind

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by yarralea, Oct 9, 2013.

1. nicld

nicld Gold

I love my booties. I am getting better in the summer about going without but when i want to do long cold session, it is a must. My CT most of the time, is inside with an overhead heater going to get some fornier effect. In the summer, I love getting a 2 hour soak in, then going in the sun for some nude rewarming.

Winter time when I can make all the ice I want and add snow, I get it as cold as I can for about 20-30 minutes. Eventually it seems one goes numb to the cold and all is great.

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

My husband is a keeper too. He built a CT tank for me and we keep it at a steady 55F (which by online calcs = 12.7 C), so not as cold as what you are using. I use it after work for 30-45 minutes and on the weekends for longer durations.

On weekends I float in our pool outside for an hour in sunshine and then come inside and use the tank.

caroline likes this.
  3. yarralea

yarralea New Member

well I have done 4 degrees for about 30 minutes. So I guess I can push that little envelope

4. yarralea

yarralea New Member

in I go. The outside temp is about 8 degrees- yesterday was about 1! So the water basically requires no ice.

nicld and caroline like this.
  5. yarralea

yarralea New Member

Built a tank? Do you have plans, or pictures of your man's amazing construction in your journal?

Today the temp was about 4 degrees in the water and 6 degrees outside according to my thermometer. I could have stayed in for an hour, but got in 15 minutes late- so had only 45 minutes. The water was about 7 degrees when I got out, there's probably 120 litres in the wheelie bin ice bath (classy, I know) so I'm probably never at risk of getting out due to cold, rather stupid life tasks such as attending work get in the way of extended CT. The air temp makes my hands quite cold- they are never in the water. And funnily, the hour after I get out and dress and go to work, my feet are the coldest. I love my wetsuit booties. Love them like I love looking at my knee surgeon...... I miss him. I guess I will go back at see him for my 9 month check up in a few months.

caroline likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

How are you coming along with your project Yarra?

7. yarralea

yarralea New Member

As in the rehab? My husband is making it his major project now- so things are starting to move forward. Business name, looking at locations, forming a board- I wonder if JK would sit on the board? I have my board members hand picked and we are writing a constitution. As many Quilt principles that are feasible will be adhered to. Bedrooms will not be wired, but will be earthed. Screen free, except for administration and I will probably have to let them access school work for a brief period during the day, RO water, CT a possibility / option- sucking down oysters and going fishing where possible. But lots of vegetables, lots of yoga / stretching, meditation and likely some neurofeedback options too. Art therapy
    We are at the stage where we are heading to a retreat this weekend as a family and will be getting what is in my head, onto a mind map so the DH is more attune. He only has about 600 podcasts to listen to as well, but I tell you, the neurofeedback has really shaped how we are approaching this. He is more open to new ideas, and even was discussing the benefits of having no heating- and this on days where you open your mouth and frosty air steams out!

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

This all sounds wonderful Yarra ...you need to come to our GOHWell summit in Melbourne. Please google Prof Michael Crawford.. Have you joined our website?

9. yarralea

yarralea New Member

Just out of the chilly bin and I can b arely type. My DH says I wonder if ity is better to have a beanie on during, or perhaps post CT. I've never used a beanie (woolly head hat thingy) during CT, so wonder if it beneficial or not really.

What about post CT? I just shiver more when out than in- I wear my ugg boots but dress normally, which is lightly. It is best to warm up naturally and slowly right?

I just came home from Melbs- saw my dad- his dementia is worse. He still knows us and still have a glimmer of his sense of humour. I really hope he doesn't hang on much longer. He has pancreatic cancer, which is pretty deadly - and thereforebetter than languishing with dementia- but he was diagnosed nearly 2 years ago and the cancer is not rapidly progressing. He now has some spots on his lungs, but not a huge concern- his breathing is not laboured. He is tired most of the time, some days better than others. He had a good day when we held his 80th birthday party, but was wiped out for a few days after wards. When he feels well he hates being in the care home and says it's a waste of a bed, a waste of time and he should be doing things. However his mental function is pretty low, low executive functioning. He isn't really my dad any more.

But the good news is I survived living with my sister for 7 days. No murders were committed, although I had to seriously bite myu tongue.

fitness@home and caroline like this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Yarra!
    it is better to wear nothing for awhile after C/T ....just kind of jiggle around! clean the house????

A beanie is a great idea ..... you lose a lot of heat thru your head.

It is freaking cold here :(:mad:

the worst thing is the very high winds...

so sorry about your Dad ........xoxo

11. yarralea

yarralea New Member

Mid week I walk to work within an half hour of CT, so jiggling about is not an option!

So Ms Caroline, losing heat through your head- advantageous or not? In my mind not, but I'm not as up to speed with the how and why of the JK way as you are. I have been meaning to go back to the blogs again, but so so much going on at the moment!

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

You lose heat thru your extremities ..... so wear gloves if you have to or a hat or booties............ That is my take anyway Ms Yarra!

13. yarralea

yarralea New Member

it has been too long.

Since last post so much has happened. Firstly my dad died just after his 80th birthday. Such a relief. At the end of the year I quit my cushy awesome job teaching art in a school jammed full of struggling wifi and bought an old stone cottage in Burra South australia. Aka gateway to the desert. The house is just stunning and the reset community an achievable goal. it gets cold here at night and in summer the temp tange can be 8c at night to 40 plus day. Winter is a frigid affair.

Currently i am sunbathing nude and about to have a dip in my pool which without ice sits at about 19 degrees Celsius. Sadly it is indoor but has a big doorway to look out to light.

It is a fibreglass pool set in a slate surround- i wonder the best way to earth the water? i also still have my wheelie bin ice bath but am enjoying the pool so have been neglecting it.

Attached Files:

14. yarralea

yarralea New Member

Attached Files:

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nice update.........long time no see.

yarralea likes this.
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Bout time girl! Tell us more!

How do you feel about visitors???

So sorry about your Dad xo

17. yarralea

yarralea New Member

Cheers re the condolences. His life and demise was a poster of what NOT to do. At least his dementia didn't get as bad as some poor folks suffer before the cancer- well the morphine ramp up accelerated death- did.
    I feel awesome about visitors!!!! Anyone who dares to challenge themselves to the wheelie bin chilly bin can certainly do so. The crew on this forum are probably well up for that challenge. The water is directly from my rainwater tank, and I usually drop a little magnesium in there.
    Yesterday my Infrared sauna arrived. Now situated in the corner next to the plunge pool, it is just awesome. I had a few FIR sauna sessions at a friends home and just loved the feeling. Not so sure on the colour therapy uses and misuses, so I've not delved into that- I guess whatever matches the time of day, right? DH likes a sauna after getting in from his morning exercise (I know I know....) but I think I prefer them at night. Cold in the morning, heat at night?

I would love to know if anyone has any strong opinions on plunging from a 54 c sauna into a 18 degree pool. The pool is 19 degrees but after a cool spell, it has been at 18 C. Winters here are something I have been "warned" about by the locals, so when its a top of 9 and -2 C overnight I wonder how the pool temp will respond.

In regards to the NOW reset therapeutic community- I have started a website- it's not quite live- I need a few more technical tips to get it functioning just right. I'm using squarespace, and the live support is not the time I am up an on the computer...
    The property needs a lawn development for earthing, and I need to change every globe in the property from brilliant white to low and warm- I personally use a lot of candles but not quite ready to let others be in charge of fire in this beautiful house.

Hey Caroline, if you want to swing by my facebook page to see lots of pics let me know! It is the most stunning cottage- 20 foot high timber ceilings, antique wall friezes and old skool light switches. AND the property behind this one just came on the market..... build capacity, share a bore for gardens..... rubs hands..... empire building evil laugh.....

But here's a picture of my chilly bin for today. Trying to get a 4 degree bath happening. Using every kilo of ice available. 20160209_091412 (1).jpg

nicld and fitness@home like this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hey Yarra! ......you are an amazing work in progress! You are an inspiration!

We are looking at getting a 4 wheel Dive and some kind of a caravan ..... any ideas?

You never know who may show up on your doorstep !

Have you hung up the roller blades???

19. yarralea

yarralea New Member

Roller SKATES love, and no. There is a nice outdoor smooth as tennis court, and I can skate my little heart out- all alone on that. There's an oval with an incline to sprint up, and plenty of biking around. It's only just of a km to my daughters school so a quick up and back is done twice a day.

You're in Sydney right? Well Burra is a handy 13 hours from Syds and 11 hours from Melbs. We recently drove a car we bought back from Queensland. Perth is a 3 day trip and with kids.... well, there might not be any survivors for our friends from over there. We are 150 km north of Radelaide, and I welcome any Radelaide peeps to make contact and come and visit. Burra is on the map for grey nomads caravanning around our beautiful brown (donut hole scorched) land. Burra has an ageing population, and homes here are about as affordable as anywhere. I am LOVING the freedom of NOT owing a million dollars in mortgages. The stress that one lives with when in that situation is highlighted when it has been removed. The biggest stress I have is the fact that the kitchen sink takes 2 hours to drain. So water recycling to the garden it is!

I should also regale you that I was up at 3 effing 30 this morning. Woken in a nano second to the sound of the cat vomming all over my kingsize bed. World's most hideous way to wake up- cat is still alive for those who might wonder.

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yikes .....

We are an hour south of Sydney.