1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Would love to hear menopause success story!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Jeanne, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Jeanne

Jeanne New Member

Hey ladies! I really need some encouragement! I've been eating epi-paleo for 6 months; balanced hormones with bio-identical hormones and added in CT daily 4 weeks ago. I haven't lost a single pound or inch and I'm frustrated. I think I actually gained a few lbs. :( I would love to hear from some ladies who have experienced successful fat loss....please?

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I am a work in progress. P/E ratio still needs correction.

I was 167 lbs at my heaviest and am currently 146. Going to fight my way back into a size 8 (pre-menopause size). Size 10 right now. Don't give up!

Feel great. When I look around me at other women my age, when out in public somewhere, I also feel blessed ;).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    Jeanne likes this.
  3. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Has your body comp changed at all?

4. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Sounds like you have got some good things in place. Stay confidient that as you continue doing the right things you will improve. This process takes time to reverse and often you will take a step back and then take a step forward. The path is not a straight line, it meanders a lot.

Have you had a chance to perform the leptin reset?

5. Jeanne

Jeanne New Member

YES!! Weight gain has concentrated around the mid-section and tummy! I found this site because everyone I asked about menopause weight loss had NO answer. My gyno (female) laughed and said "you just have to work out more and eat less." The keto/low carb people just said "it doesn't work always for menopause." Really? No Shit!! I've been very low carb/keto for 2 1/2 years. It worked well until menopause came along. I refuse to accept there is nothing to be done and you just have to accept it. I will just keep looking for the answers.

6. Jeanne

Jeanne New Member

Yes!

7. Jeanne

Jeanne New Member

Oh! You know what I find really interesting? All of the women in my age group have experienced the menopausal weight gain EXCEPT two women who never gave birth. Both of these women are very lean and trim after menopause and eat anything and everything they want. I'm sure Jack would be able to tell me why that is.

fitness@home likes this.
  8. Valerie

Valerie New Member

Found cold thermogenesis reduced inches in stomach (likely inflammation). However after CTing my appetite increased and I gained weight the first year... 15 lbs (likely some muscle gain as well). Prior to this I was eating only 1000-1200 calories (low carb)/day (very leptin resistant), so increasing my food intake I felt was needed. I feel much healthier now with an overall better figure, but still trying to adjust from size 4 to size 6 in my pants. The only way I stopped weight gain was to added T3 (I have hashimoto's). Just my N-1.

irenehaas and Jeanne like this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Are you following Kristi's journal? She is doing awesome!

Jeanne and fitness@home like this.
  10. Arborescence

Arborescence New Member

My mother never gained a pound after monopause and she never ate very well with lot of carbs, cakes, bread, white rice... And she is perfectly thin, not an inch of body fat...

Jeanne likes this.
  11. Jeanne

Jeanne New Member

I will take a look! Thank you

12. Jeanne

Jeanne New Member

Arborescence, What do you believe is the reason?

13. Arborescence

Arborescence New Member

I don't know, I am trying to read Dr. Kruse articles and learn but it seemed strange to me since she is exposed to EMF, doesn't have good circadians rythms and eat bad, eat a lot and doesn't do sport, this is why I thought it was worth mentioning it...

Jeanne likes this.
  14. Jeanne

Jeanne New Member

Don't tell me where she lives...Just kidding. Let me know if you find out anything interesting. Genetic, maybe? How old was she when she went through menopause? And how many childbirths?
    If you don't mind telling me. :)

15. Arborescence

Arborescence New Member

She lives in France. 2 births. She was maybe 55, I don't remember exactly.
    But Dr. Kruse says that Genetics mean nothing right? Or I haven't learn the lesson well yet.. :p

Jeanne likes this.
  16. bionaut

bionaut New Member

I bet it has to do with a child depleting a mother of DHA accumulated over a lifetime.

Jeanne likes this.
  17. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Jeanne, I know it is possible to get fit and healthy after menopause.
    I have a friend in California that posted pictures on FB last night from Hawaii (on vaation). In a string bikini and climing a huge gnarled tree, no less.

Joanna.jpg

A couple of years ago she was overweight and ready to do something about it. I've watched her from afar as she went through this process.

She is now certified yoga and fitness classes instructor - lives in California. Also has done a few triathalons since changing her lifestyle. She's come a long way...

I believe we met on a forum or FB page somewhere ;)

She gives me hope!

Jeanne likes this.
  18. Jeanne

Jeanne New Member

WOW!! She looks amazing!

19. Jeanne

Jeanne New Member

That could be! I have 5.

20. nicld

nicld Gold

Don't you just want to b$*#h slap her.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I had a super skinny NP tell me the same thing, just eat less. Instead of 2 pieces if toast, eat 1 (I was already off of gluten since I am celiac). And then she she proceeded to tell me that concentration camp survivors came out of their fairly healthy. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe those that did not DIE from starvation or the gas chamber. Needless to say, I never saw her again.

I have yet to figure out how to lose weight without help. Keep working on getting everything else right (circadian rhythms, environment, blue light toxicity, lots of DHA) and then worry about the weight. At least that is what I have had to do.

Jeanne and fitness@home like this.