1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Would cold feet do anything for me?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Raiken3712, May 1, 2012.

1. Raiken3712

Raiken3712 Jonathan/Jon

Interesting title eh? Anyway I find I don't like face dunking because I have to stand over a sink and its just at all convenient. Would putting my feet in ice water and getting them to 50-55 degrees do anything? There is no brown fat in the feet as far as I know, but I thought I read somewhere someone doing some tests involving putting people's feet in cold water and it doing something.

I'd like to do the icebath thing since it doesn't involve standing over a sink, but at the moment I don't have a good reusable method of cooling down a bath. I won't spend tons of money buying icecubes from a store, and making a ton in icecube trays is cumbersome. I was thinking maybe I could buy a flexifreeze ice vest and using the ice panels in a bath, but not sure how many panels I would need to cool a bath.

2. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

For the face dunks, I used a large metal bowl - no sink involved.

3. shah78

shah78 Gold

I use theraflex gel ice packs. 11x14 size. anywhere from 2 to 12 at a time. They have prepared me for the ice baths quite nicely. I bathed from 50 to 44 degrees today for forty minutes. They "translate" very nicely to the baths without the ice "overhead" hassles. (I live in Florida=73 degree tap water)

4. Did you order direct from the company or off a webiste? I like the idea of these. Can you tell me the price of the 11x14? Thanks!

5. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I've been regularly doing soaks of my legs up to the knee in cold water and I've been seeing all-over benefit from it. Not sure if just feet would be enough surface area, but give it a try and see! Worst case scenario, you end up with cold toes. :)

6. Big Bobcat

Big Bobcat New Member

I've been thinking about the foot/leg soaks as well....could you describe some of the all-over benefits you're seeing? Are you doing other icing/soaks, or are these benefits solely from the foot soaks?

Thanks.

7. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I did spot-icing for a few weeks before I started doing soaks. As for all-over benefits, I guess I should have worded that differently. I've certainly started to see signs of becoming more cold-adapted since starting the soaks, which, after all, is one of the main points of doing them. I've also definitely had some detox issues, which means I'm burning fat and releasing stored-up estrogen. I've also been following a pretty strict keto diet, which has a lot to do with the fat-burning as well.

8. Raiken3712

Raiken3712 Jonathan/Jon

Well than I think I'll try feet ...possibly legs any recommendations on a good water container that I can sit my feet in. Ideally it would be nice to just sit it right in front of my computer so I can put my feet in do whatever while I freeze and take them out when I get to the temp mark rinse and repeat. Anyone have any experience with rinse and repeat issues? Is it ok to redo as soon as the skin temp goes back up to normal or should I wait longer. I figured I could put my feet in wait till my skin temp is 50-55 than let them go back up to 89-92 or so they are normally and than do it again.

9. Raiken3712

Raiken3712 Jonathan/Jon

So you put these in the bath? How many of the 11x14s does it take? Also I would like to know where you get them I can't seem to find the website for them. Do they have a website for the company that makes them for direct sell or do I need to go to a specific place to buy?

10. shah78

shah78 Gold

No,I don't put them in the bath. I sandwich myself under and over them in creative ways while lying down in bed.They last about eighty minutes if I get them real cold to start with. The company is called cold ice inc, coldice.com

11. Birdy

Birdy New Member

This is how I started, along with cold showers, because I had a foot injury. I don't think it did all that much to acclimate me, but it did help the injury.