1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Work Environment

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by kris90, Dec 4, 2017.

1. kris90

kris90 New Member

I need to pose an important question for a mitochondriac regarding work environment.

Would a mitochondriac choose a job:

1)
    -Work location is close to home (30 min commute) and free parking
    -Office is located outside of downtown core of major city (lower population density)
    -Office is a 2 story building (working on ground level)
    -Atmosphere is more "proper", the people are less fun to work with (energy vampires) and the work is not very exciting
    -Strict telecommute (work from home) policy (only as a case-by-case need)

2)
    -Work location is farther from home (45 min commute) and parking would be $100/month minimum
    -Office is located in the centre of downtown core (very high population density)
    -Office is in a high-rise building, likely between floors 5 and 16
    -Atmosphere is super chill, the people are a blast to work with (used to work with them, energy boosters) and the projects are super exciting and engaging
    -Flexible telecommute (possibility to work from home 1-2x per week, or as needed)

Salary is the same, but of course 2) requires more $ for gas and parking.

seanb4 and shiran like this.
  2. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Interesting choices. You have to grade all factors as to how bad/good they really are. Maybe both offices are equally bad in terms of nnEMF, and working home cuts down the total time spent commuting for the second job compared to the first. If there is no real benefit to the first office I'd go with the second. And given that the group are energy vampires, I assume their office isn't good at all.

Cindy Domitrovits and kris90 like this.
  3. kris90

kris90 New Member

Thanks Walter, I have a similar analysis: an office job is an office job. Poor lighting, and nnEMF regardless. Working from home is a huge plus since my home environment is literally as optimal as can be, so I think I need that flexibility.

Also, the work I do and the people I work with seems to have a major impact on my mood, energy and wellbeing. Working on boring shit all day with boring people = exhausted by the end of the day. Working on cool shit with hilarious people acting like their true selves = feeling energized by end of day, and have funny stories to share with my wife over some malbec when the kids are in bed. If it means a little more EMF, I think I can biohack that.

seanb4 and shiran like this.
  4. shiran

shiran Curious

Remember dopamine it's a huge issue looking into someone's eyes is so important for wellness.
    I trying to look for the ideal work place in nature with nice people... it's not that easy...
    I would like to work in a place like the farm Jack is creating...

kris90 likes this.
  5. kris90

kris90 New Member

Yes I would love to get out of office/desk job and out into nature. I do take a morning and afternoon walk and spend an hour on my lunch outside, so atleast I'm providing myself "recess" like a child gets in school. But until I figure out a new career path, I'll just have to make the best of it.

Working with the right people has made a HUGE difference for me. You are right, the dopamine yield or decline from people is important. I can boost my own dopamine easily, but I think we all need human interaction. I was happy having fun with my old work buds, and unfortunately I got blindsided with the work location and convenience that I threw that away.

I've never felt my dopamine levels soar higher than when I spent a weekend in Vermont with Jack. Holy shit, I felt like I was on a crazy high for 48 hours, and it even continued after I returned home that weekend.

Cindy Domitrovits likes this.
  6. kris90

kris90 New Member

Another major thought to consider: at my current work location, I'm about 15 min drive from a beach so I can soak up some sun to get my Vit D up in the summer.

Unfortunately, working downtown, I would not have such benefit, because I would have pay-as-you-go parking, so it would be way to expensive to drive there on my lunch everyday. My Vit D levels would likely suffer.

7. Pogo

Pogo New Member

I would do whatever I could to make that:

work for me. Given the alternative, what is the point of any of it?

Get your vit-D in the mornings, on your telecommute days (work at the beach?), and the weekend.

kris90 likes this.