1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Wondering how some people don't think about it and become cold adapted

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Guest, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I am really curious to how my neighbor became cold adapted when he never gave it much of a thought. I went out of the way to talk to him, long, before your CT series because I was so curious. He is 67, no fat, tanned, and his legs look better then most 30's year old people. I have seen him walking in below-freezing weather with only a t-shirt and short shorts. People are always honking their horns at him and, no doubt, think he is crazy. He is anything but crazy in my opinion and I stick up for him any chance I get. When I asked him why he does it he just said he was tired of wearing coats--no joke!! He also said he never gets sick. I asked him if he takes cold showers and he said sometimes. I asked him if the heat bothered him and he said not at all. In fact, he said he once lived in AZ and that heat never bothered him. Summer or winter I have never seen him wear anything else but his usual, shorts and t shirt.

I am having a very hard time with cold baths and my water is only around 62 and 70 feels cold to me. I feel my mind is resisting it and want to turn that around, but not sure how--YET!! There is a will and I want to find the way.

2. oh my, I can totally relate. Up until yesterday the CT wasn't really bothering me but last night, clear out of the blue I had some real anxiety about getting in that bath. I mean I stood there for several minutes talking myself into it and just did it because Jack says to face your fears head on. The whole 30 minutes seemed to be hours. I later had a hard time falling asleep as the shivering and cold feet kept me awake. My FBG was elevated this morning and I think it is from the anxiety or lack of sleep or getting to sleep so late, it was about 11:30.

Does this ever change? will I ever get to a place in my mind that I "want to" do this? I would love to hear from others on this topic

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

closed since it does not meet the requirements......of the thread. Plus no question was asked!!!