1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Women's shoes with leather soles

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Hope, Mar 10, 2013.

1. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

The other day a woman stopped me in the grocery store to tell me she loved my shoes. They were a pair I had bought from a thrift store years ago. Italian leather. The heel pad is some kind of composite material, but the soles are leather. When I rifled through the back of my closet to assess my shoes, I found that I have 3 different pair with leather soles! All were ancient thrift store purchases. And all Italian leather!

Hey, maybe the "mediterranean diet" success isn't just about red wine and olive oil? Maybe they've been wearing leather soled shoes? :D

2. janagram

janagram New Member

ordered the Juils' Hera sandal. expensive but could be a winner.

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've got a pair of Juil sandels - there's a definite difference when walking on concrete w/them and then walking in wet grass. WOZWA! its like walking barefoot w/e a little extra juice...

I'm now wearing them to work every day - usually have to change into a work appropriate shoes though....

4. scghsv70

scghsv70 Silver

Looking for a pair of all leather slippers to just knock about in at home and only $20? Check out adult Full Sole ballet slippers. I just received mine and they have full sole, sides, and innersole that are all leather....cotton lining on inside. I feel like I am learning how to walk differently in them..more like barefoot. Sizing is tricky. I wear a 9 1/2 S shoe and ordered a 7 1/2 A and it fits perfectly. they come in 4 widths. Sizing chart http://www.tutu.com/dwear_sizes_balletsh.html
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K65JQU/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Don't know how long they will hold up on rough ground but I use them on concrete/stone porch/patio for earthing when it is cold.

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  6. What socks are best to use in leather-soled shoes? Cotton or wool?

7. ^ .. I meant in terms of conductivity. Is there a difference between wool and cotton? Or synthetic fibers, for that matter?

8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

This is a thought that had crossed my mind that shoewear could have an influence and that the right material could extend grounding time. I presume that this is what it is about . What materials are good apart from leather. Wood, cork,yute ?

9. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Wood doesn't conduct well...espadrilles are ok if the soles aren't covered in plastic, I don't know about cork. I'm not sure it would conduct very well. I've been wearing juils, moccasins, leather soled boots and leather soled sandals all the time....I feel a difference right away if I get into anything else.

As for wool and cotton...I think wool keeps you dryer so that would mean less ability to receive the magnetic field, but it wouldn't block it completely. Cotton would probably be the best sock. Just my thoughts, I don't really know...

Flawed likes this.
  10. That's what I think, too, Sea. I also have been wearing leather-soled sandals, moccasins, and Juils...or I'm just barefoot 99% of the time. I sometimes wear my Chacos for ease of becoming barefoot as much as I can, and for rough-terrain protection when needed. Cotton socks are most conductive, wool might be conductive when feet sweat and they become moist. I saw an advertisement some time ago for conductive socks that were mostly cotton with a silver and copper thread sewn into them.

11. These are leather souled shoes (for men, women, running, children, etc.) that have been tested for "grounding".

http://www.softstarshoes.com/earthing-shoes

You have to get their leather-soled shoes, some of their souls are synthetic.

Reasonable price - Around $120.

You get cool custom colors - they are like bowling shoes style. They also have a Mary Jane style.

12. Tanager

Tanager New Member

I've been looking for grounding shoes. I think Juil shoes are beautiful, but I could never go walking in slip-on shoes -- they just don't stay on my feet.

I found this link to Soft Star shoes. You can get leather soles that work for grounding. They've been tested for grounding and for running by a barefoot runner-blogger, and there are youtube videos of them. They are handmade to order, so you can also get different widths.

Here's the link to their earthing shoes page: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...&utm_content=artTest_A2&utm_campaign=20130807

Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uKwd6ewDcc

I'm thinking about ordering some. For now, though, I think I'll stick with my Hopi boot mocassins with rawhide soles I picked up on Arizona.

These "Teepee Boot Moccasins" also look interesting -- don't know if the "cushion insole" is removable, but they look comfy and very attractive. Too small for me, though. http://www.indianvillagemall.com/footskin/teepeeboots.html

13. Tanager

Tanager New Member

Chrysanthemama, I ordered some of those conductive socks last year, but the silver didn't go all the way through the sock, so I don't see how they could work.

14. Tanager

Tanager New Member

Here's a link to some all-leather traditional Navajo moccasins. I find them quite stylish, but that's a matter of preference. I have some that are 2-button, but they are slow to put on, so I'd recommend 1-button or no-button if you like to take your shoes off indoors.

The sole is quite thick, one piece of solid leather. I don't know exactly how conductive they are, but I expect if they're damp they conduct pretty well, especially after you've worn them for a while and they have absorbed some salt.

http://nativeleather.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3

Here's a video on them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISKkhprnWE&list=UU-arcGjSLC7P_7fGnFRPbEg

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Does anyone have any thoughts on Birkenstock Sandals? I would love to try the Juils but it cost $50.00 to deliver them here and then another $50.00 if they have to go back..

16. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

It depends on why you are asking.If it is in terms of grounding and the materials used I have no worthwhile opinion to share as of yet.
    However I do have experience in treating an old injury with them. I injured something in my knee riding a bike uphill while heavily overweight and it simply would not heal. I bought Birkies and they killed me as far as pain are concerned. For two weeks in I could not use them for more than two hours at a time. Then they became so comfortable that I wore them night and day until they wore out. The knee ? No more issues even after returning to normal shoes. In essence they are great posture correctors and take teh stress of misused joints. The wearing in period has to hurt as the cork adapts itself to your foot and makes you use muscles that you were unused to using in more modern footwear. If you order them ensure yourself that they have not been preworn even by someone for 2 hours . The bed should be pancake flat and have not even the slightest indentation. People unfamiliar with the principal idea of Birkies ( they have to hurt to be comfortable and useful thereafter) send them back saying they hurt them. That shoe should ideally not be reused as you then cannot leave your own print in the cork. Don't let anyone else use them not even to try.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks for all that........still thinking about what to get......

18. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

Did we come to a conclusion of the BEST grounding shoes to get?
    Do you think it would work to wear these around if you live in the city.... Chicago?

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

your feet would be the best answer.........

20. Bare feet. I've been wearing shoes that are easy to remove and I walk barefoot as much as possible when I'm out and about. If the terrain is rough, or the establishment might be offended, I slip them back on. Most people don't even notice. But the ones who do are always interested in talking about it! Moccasins would be a great investment! I love mine and with elk skin soles, they will last a long time.