1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Women Who Chart Basal Body Temps etc.

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by L8F, Mar 19, 2012.

1. thyme

thyme New Member

thank you for asking. Not pregnant. I had three days of bad cramping, and then nothing at all, and then a temp crash and a late period. I'm six days post-ovulatory this cycle now with none of the strangeness of the last cycle--either was CT strangeness or a little critter whose time wasn't right. The stepchildren have been here for easter holidays during this cycle (yay!!!) and I'm kinda wondering now how, exactly, all of y'all with one child manage to go about conceiving another...:).

2. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Thanks for taking a second look. I appreciate it. I tanked again at 96.8 for a morning temp, so I'm hoping it was just an outlier and things will get tigher and closer to the cover line. I know I need to fix adrenals before I can expect predictable temps. I'm currently taking Wilson's Adrenal Rebuilder. Anybody have any other advice on fixing adrenals? Also, because I haven't gotten any response on the lab thread, could any of you take a look at my latest lab work? I had a cortisol test done and would love any insights on my hormones. FYI, I'm 24, with hypo/hashis, currently taking t3.

Hormone Test (Saliva)

Estradiol 0.7 pg/ml (1.3-3.3) LOW

Progesterone 112 mg/ml (75-270)

Ratio: Pg/E2 160 (Optimal: 100-500 when E2 1.3-3.3 pg/ml)

Testosterone 67 pg/ml (16-55) HIGH

DHEAS 16.9 ng/ml (2-23)

Cortisol Morning 8.0 ng/ml (3.7-9.5)

Cortisol Noon 6.1 ng/ml (1.2-3.0) HIGH

Cortisol Evening 1.4 ng/ml (0.6-1.9)

Cortisol Night 1.3 ng/ml (0.4-1.0) HIGH

Iodine (urine) 1439 ug/L (100-1100 --- 150-300 optimal) HIGH

Creatinine (urine) 0.49 mg/ml

Iodine/Creatinine 2937 (100-300ug/g creatinine) HIGH

3. ChristineKleiber

ChristineKleiber New Member

Since I'm pretty new to using my chart for anything other than NFP, I wouldn't classify myself as a skilled lab hacker yet. One thing that is important though is that you have a cycle date for the labs you drew. Ranges for sex hormones vary based on cycle phase.

As for fixing the adrenals, I would scour the other threads in the forum and see what supplementation others may be doing, and then consult with your doctor - you don't want to get into conflicting treatments between your thyroid and your adrenals. If you are only using a PCM, perhaps it is time to ask for a referral to an endocrinologist. It would also be good to have an idea HOW you may have got to the point where you are? Yes diet may be part of it - which takes more than a couple months to fix - but there may be other lifestyle factors for you to consider - e.g. other issues such as work, family, etc that may be elevating the stress. And if you don't address those root causes, you still have the cause, you are just mitigating the effect.

4. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Thanks! I have no cycle, so my doc said it didn't matter when I took the tests. I'm frustrated again because while my temps were tightening up, I've had some low spikes again...so my chart isn't following a logical pattern at all! I was hoping things were turning around in that area. OH to have my period again!

I'm definitely fixing lifestyle factors. 2011 was an extremely stressful year -- both emotionally with big life changes and physically with big demands on the ranch and work. I'm now taking more breaks, naps, etc. getting massages, eating lunch (I think skipping meals increased the stress on my adrenals) and just taking care of me. I have a feeling it's going to take time, but I'm on the right track.

Now, it's just the waiting game to see my doc and figure out if I need BHRT to fix my hormone levels.

5. ChristineKleiber

ChristineKleiber New Member

anyone here seeing a general uptick in their BBT since doing the reset? I've had 3 cycles since the reset now and this last one had my peak temps about .2 -.3 higher than my 55 cycle average and my initial low temps as I start this 4th cycle seem to be a bit higher than normal too. Yes! I did the freak out because elevated temps usually mean bambino for me, but this sounds like my thyroid may be getting a shove.

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

In general I've noticed my temp is running higher... I used to have a normal temp of 96.6 on up to 97.6...but these days I'm running btwn 98.6-99.8 definitly running hotter...

7. Hi ladies. I just recently noticed this thread. Some really interesting info here. After the birth of my second son and before becoming pregnant with my twins, I was charting temps. I was never confident enough in my interpretations to let hubby give up the condoms until we were ready to conceive again though. Babies are 11 months and still nurse like crazy, with almost no solids, and happy that TOM hasn't returned. With my first two it returned around 7 months.

I am particularly interested in what charting and temps can tell you about your hormones. I havent started taking my temp again since having these babies, I imagine since my cycle hasn't returned it wouldn't tell me much anyways. Before these babies, one thing that seemed unusual about my cycles was that I had a long luteal phase.

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Trisha

up until the reset I always had low BBT 96.6-97.6 a post ovulatory spike would be somewhere near 97.9 and the top of the triphasic would top out when pregnant around 98.3 my shifts were subtle

now I'm running more toward the 98.6 range, except when I'm hot then it drops down, when I'm cold it ticks up (Especially during CT) Highest I've seen it tick up is 99.7

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Let the hormonal craziness continue!!! OMG! TOTM showed up yesterday on cd25. Making this a 24 day cycle. WTF??? On the plus side no crazy mood swings and so far no migraines this month. Though I'll be serious I'd rather have a 28-30day cycle. These short cycles suck. I'm guessing this is what my cycle would have looked like if my e:p ratio was this. Talk about no LP!! I'm guessing I probably need more P across my cycle. Though I wonder how much of the E dump is trigging this as well???

10. thyme

thyme New Member

My cycle has shortened to 23 to 24 days as well, but I'm not so sure about the no LP thing. My ovulation is coming earlier--days 11 or 12--while my luteal phase holds steady at 14 days. Since estrogen build-up builds the uterus lining and triggers ovulation--and my bleeding has fallen to 48 hours of very light flow(!!!!!), I'm thinking that means my estrogen has settled at a lower level while my progesterone holds steady?

11. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I'm like thyme. Front half is getting shorter while luteal phase stays at 14 days & period is getting shorter. Maybe I'm just losing days because the period is cutting off - but I wonder why?

I started off with very low estrogen and very low progesterone, but it might have been because it was just one month after getting AF after 2 years of postpartum lactational amenorrhea. My ratio was still somewhat high, though.

12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

yeah I'm sure about my LP. I hit the liquid cm CD13 - cd16, which seems normal, then it dies down a bit to just ewcm, no sticky cm at all w/cycle. so that gives me about an 8 day LP, where previously it was btwn 12-16days, but that was pre-BHRT.

I have noticed this cycle, I'm throwing serious clots - old ones at that, but my cycle isn't heavy like usual - I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night last night to empty my diva cup at all - WIN!

wonder if the CT is helping clearing up anything that was hanging around there from my PCOS...

I've got to start tracking my bbt 1st thing in the am...

13. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Just checking in to say that I think I have ovulated...I've been tracking for 3 months -- started shortly after getting of HBC in February -- but I still haven't menstruated. My doc upped my progesterone and said if I don't cycle within the month to contact her, and she would get me on compounded progesterone. My testosterone levels are high and cortisol levels are completely backwards. I started wearing the blue-light blockers just last night and continue to spot CT most days.

My doc wants to test me for PCOS, which is something that never occurred to me before. This really scares me, as I want to start a family in the next couple of years...and I don't know how this will impact my fertility. Any advice on balancing my hormones, regaining my cycle, etc?

I do a two-hour glucose test plus D and B12 tomorrow, so we will see what that reveals. Thanks for any advice.

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

YEah on ovulation!!!

I've got PCOS and was able to get pregnant and carry 2 babies to term at 35 and 37, even w/P in the toilet and major E and T dominance. Continue eating LR way, focus on circadian cycles, eat keto and CT it will come around... you may find you do need P support in the BHRT Form.

what adaptogens are you taking for your reversed cortisol levels? fix the adrenals, then the hormones. If you can afford to do them both at the same time...you'll recover faster... PCOS is reversible... see what I've done in the success stories, I'm not 100% through with it...but its on the way out the door w/the CT and BHRT...just building on the success of the LR...

15. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

This is reassuring. I will check out your success story to learn more. I'm on Wilson's Adrenal Rebuilder for my adrenal fatigue, plus supporting supps, and I'm on t3 for my hypothyroid/hashis.

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

my pregnancies were all pre-LR, pre-primal/paleo. looking at my #s I shouldn't have been able to get pregnant and carry to term but I did.. I'll take it.. I've got my chaos and havoc..so I'm good! it comes down to following the reset, and living by the circadian cycles and the seasonal eating cycles (once you've fixed your issues) and getting the BHRT support if you need it....

17. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

In that case, I'll keep on keeping on! I read that PCOS is related to binge eating, which I have struggled with over the years. I have followed MamaGrok's journey closely on that, trying to rid myself of those demons.

I'm also trying to learn to manage my stress and take it easy on myself once in awhile. I travel a lot for work and we have a cattle ranch, so this is easier said than done.

Thanks again for the advice.

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

bumping for any one who saw the blog about CT and Cycles - lots of good info here!

19. Caroline Cooper

Caroline Cooper New Member

Hi Charting Friends,

Maybe some of you can help with my 30 Day CT experiment at Caroline' Journal. The results don't look that good to me but this is all very new. If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful. I am confused and don't know if I should continue. CT doesn't seem to be helping. Anyway maybe some more experienced people can look at the my results and journal and chime in.

Cheers,

Caroline

CT Experiment

Here are my observations from the last 30 Days. If anyone has any commons please feel free to enlighten me! I am wondering if there are things I should be doing differently or if I should just stop this experiment.

These are some of the things I noticed over the last 30 days of CT. Do note I started CT in the middle of my last cycle when my temperatures were their "hottest":

1. I had a shorter cycle than normal, only 25 days.

2. I had a longer period than normal, 6 days rather than 4-5 days. Normally, my periods start and stop without the nonsense of spotting.

3. I had some spotting on day 9 which normally never happens. There was big and black clots of blood. Sorry, for the graphic detail.

4. I found it easier to do the tub if my temperature getting into the tub was over 36.5C. This means the luteal phase (after ovulation) of my cycle is easier for CT.

5. The follicular phase (before ovulation) is harder to do CT because my temperatures are naturally lower during that time.

6. My follicular phase appears to have a more "stable" temperature profile from day-to-day. Normally, my temperatures can be all over the place.

7. I had 10 days in my follicular phase under 36.3C which according to Katie Singer would mean I have a "cold uterus". (More than 3 days under 36.3C means infertility.)

8. I don't tend to weigh myself more than once a week. I have gained 3 pounds this month but that really doesn't mean much. I never did my measurements during the month so I can't say if my body composition has changed. I can say this. I have two sizes of pants size 8 and 10. Size 10 are really loose and size 8 are comfortable. My husbands says I look firmer, but he's a really nice guy!

9. I am more tolerate to cold. I am willing to into the local lakes and rivers; I would not have been willing to do so in the past.

20. VincentCap

VincentCap New Member

Hello:

Please forgive this request. Can someone summarize the benefits of ct and leptin reset in infertility issues. I realize this has been discussed many times before but I am seeking a concise one or two paragraph summary so I can explain the theories behind this methodology (and any antedotes._

Thanks in advance