1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Women exposing to morning sun

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by lilreddgirl, Nov 15, 2015.

1. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Other than some of the men here that I see mention hanging out in shorts only in the mornings to get sun, are there any Women on the forum who are exposing more than their eyes to the morning sun?

Please share! What and how do you do it?

If it's raining, do you go out and let it rain on you?
    Do you tolerate feeling cold if it is or are you cold adapted?

Please ladies tell it would feel very encouraging.

2. nicld

nicld Gold

I do on the weekends. Now that my "safe" spot is gone I sit on my back steps (which is somewhat protected) with a tube dress on and let the girls and lady bits get some sun. Recently even though it had been colder, the sun is so warming it feels awesome. We will see how it goes when it gets colder.

3. I am in So Cal and the cooler weather is just starting but still is warm. I lie out without anything on, on a part of the deck that cannot be seem by anyone. Sometimes I just go out on the big part of the deck and sit with shorts and a camisole to get the most sun.

4. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

As my friend nike would say: just do it.

5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Hello,
    Yes I go out when it rains. As far as cold adaptation goes it is a gradual thing. Starts s low as you think you want to and then go a bit lower. You want to be uncomfortable but not freezing to death .
    I have garden and I sit out with large pareo on a director chair. From behind you have no idea that Iam in the altogether and from the front I cannot be overlooked. If anybody comes in to the shared garden the pareo closes in no time. On the floor in front of an open window /patio door is also a good way if you cannot be outside fully unclothed.

Chrysanthemama and nicld like this.
  6. Penny

Penny New Member

I go out au natural in my back yard from the time I wake up until I have to cart someone somewhere... I was out in the rain this morning - I was cold at first when I got out there, but gradually I adapted - the key is to move around - that has always been the key for me anyways... sitting is the kiss of death - my yard is looking a lot better now:) There is always something to do out there -

I was sunbathing on the trampoline this summer but then a bee crawled into my shorts - well, I don't think I can take another hit like that anytime soon... it was an unholy reaction - but nettle stopped it almost instantly - or it was done by then who knows -

7. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

I'm in Michigan and per Jack's advice, basked in the nude during the spring, summer and part of the fall, but now that the trees, etc. have shed their leaves, I can be seen. So, since I'm cold adapted now, I sit out in the A.M in my bikini or some short shorts and a tank top and bask and am very comfortable. I prefer the bikini though because I can at least maneuver some of my girls out of the top to the sun that way. I plan on spending much of the winter months outdoors and harvesting as much uv as I can that way.

Marbear and nicld like this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

cold, sunlight with Visible and UVA still perform the quantum magic in you..........because NO is still released from your skin.

seanb4 and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

They make UV permeable suits for ladies........FYI

10. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

check tanthrough.com
    Everyone on this forum should have those clothes for the times when we can't be all naked. Just saying.

11. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC382790/

I think water is probably the best transmitter of UV light. Maybe there's something to those Spring Break wet T-shirt contests?

enyaw and Curves like this.
  12. Marbear

Marbear Gold

I laid out all summer naked to get my UVB - on weekends and during lunch breaks. On weekends now, I've been sitting outside on the east side of the house first thing in the morning to get sun in my eyes and with my jacket open to let the girls have sun too. It has been low 30s lately but the sun feels nice. I spend 30 minutes to an hour out. I'm not cold adapted but trying to work my way to it. Hubby knows how much I don't like being cold so he's pleasantly surprised at the sight he now gets to see :)

Curves likes this.
  13. Depending on whether I go to work or not, I either sit outside in the morning sun while drinking my coffee, or I'll CT in the morning sun, and then warm up in the sun wearing a bikini. I'm in NM and we've had a fair amount of rain this fall while I was cold adapting, so I would just CT in the tank in the rain. Now, it's full on winter with snow last night. It was sunny this morning, so I shoveled the snow with no jacket, no hat. This afternoon I soaked in the CT tank in the sun, and then warmed up in the sun. I'm getting a nice tan!

Curves and nicld like this.
  14. Curves

Curves Guest

Thanks ladies for making me feel both inspired and wimpy at the same time LOL.

For me cold-adapting has been in stages. In San Francisco, in the low 50s, swimming in the ocean -- no problem. In Oregon, in the 40s and 30 still working on it. When it's not raining, I sit outside first thing in the am, in my open bathrobe and wait for the sun to rise. Maybe half an hour. Although I have privacy to sit as naked as I want, I'm not fully adapted so not fully naked. I'm meticulous about getting sun in my eye first thing in the morning but then, I start to feel "unproductive" and conflicted, like I should be inside writing and working. I must admit that that conflict messes with my head.

Once thing that helps me with me minimize my conflict" is sitting outside with a note pad (I really am brilliant first thing in the morning), reading a book or one of Jack's blogs. A

This morning, at 9:00 my bf and I went mushroom hunting outside for about half an hour and it was awesome.

Right now, I'm watching the light reflect off the water droplets from the rain yesterday and it's a truly spectacular light show.

Who knows, maybe in a few months, I'll be sitting outside in the rain like @Chrysanthemama, @Lahelada and @Penny :)

thisbirdhaswings, Lahelada and nicld like this.
  15. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

@Curves just one minute then two...

Curves likes this.
  16. Curves

Curves Guest

@Lahelada you made me smile and motivated me this morning -- 5 minutes outside in the rain in a short-sleeved T-shirt. I wasn't naked but not entirely covered up either. I must admit, it did feel great. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Lahelada likes this.
  17. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

18. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

wow Thank you okie dokie this does feel encouraging. I hope we can keep it going to keep track of how all of us are doing.

So far myself I'm working on just staring at the sun when I wake up (it's not strong now) and blinking. Built up from 5 to 10 to 20 to 30 minutes now. I am not honestly looking forward to shivering in the cold out there but am thinking of shorts and short tanktop when I start. (I had just built up my cold tolerance with ice baths but let that go while weaning off some medicine that I'm almost off of... then back to the ice baths).

Question: does it have to be direct sunlight on our skin? Or do we just have to be outside... the sun shines into my yard more directly starting around noon, I don't catch the sunrise in the east...

Second question: will I actually start to Feel the benefits/effects of the UV? So far I'm just noticing that I'm starting to 'enjoy' blinking at the sun...

19. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Great to hear! I always go for the direct sunlight, and the morning sun is really weak rignt now here in Seattle. When I got out into the sun earlier in the week around 10am, I felt like the sun was powering me through the CT and helping the workout. I think that was the major factor for zapping the cold I had coming on. For 'feeling the effects of the UV', I'm feeling a good dopamine hit from being in the morning sun, especially in the first few minutes after waking up. Tomorrow morning looks to be clear and 29F, so I'm combining four things at the same time after a large glass of water: CT, light morning weight-lifting/anaerobic routine, grounding and skin/eye exposure to sunlight in just shorts. Then about 30mins later, I'll protein-up with the leptin RX. I've noticed that the weight-lifting in frigid weather really helps to take the edge off of the CT. I'm also going to cold dunk my face before getting out into the 29F.

I like to pan around the sky to get light shining onto all parts of my RPE. Once the sun is visible, I don't stare into it directly, but look towards it and I keep a motion going while doing a lot of blinking. I'm also curious what others do. I get a lot of fog up here like in the Bay area (used to live there), so it can be entrancing when the sun is a disc through it, but still don't stare directly at it for more than 5-10 seconds or so.