1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Wisdom Teeth Removal

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by DebraGM, Apr 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. DebraGM

DebraGM My Quest for True Health

If wisdom teeth are coming in sideways, but not causing any pain or other issues do they need to be removed? My son is 21 and I hate to put him through unnecessary surgery. And wondering if removal can cause cavitation?

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Mine is going to be 81 yo next month.
    upload_2021-4-23_9-29-49.png

3. DebraGM

DebraGM My Quest for True Health

Really? Wow! That’s great! Instinctively it seems odd to pull teeth that aren’t causing a problem. Thank you!

4. Jacks

Jacks Gold

Curious to hear any more advice on this topic too. My son's dentist/orthodontist are telling us our son needs his 4 wisdom teeth removed (he is 17) as his mouth is not large enough even none of them are coming through yet. I hate to put him through this if not needed. I get the impression that they may be fishing for business but it is hard to tell.

DebraGM and JanSz like this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

That is how they pay the bills .......just saying

DebraGM and JanSz like this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Jack Kruse , being a former dentist, could explain it better.
    There are some nerves in the area of wisdom teeth that better be not disrupted (causing life-long problems).
    -------------
    A mouth that is too small for the teeth
    comes so often that I think it is just a story to make a $$ on the customer (not patient).

DebraGM and caroline like this.