1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Wired DSL Modems and Accessories

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Chrysanthemama, Apr 25, 2014.

1. RobH

RobH Gold

I had ethernet cable runs in my home done. It was easy due to crawl space (ugh, not sitting on earth) My only concern with that is are you creating more "dirty electricity) going to every outlet in your house? Don't know.

RobH

Shijin13 likes this.
  2. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

Ethernet cables have twisted conductors that limit radiation. If you use your house wiring with a powerline adapter network you don't have that protection plus your whole electrical power wiring has essentially dirty electricity. I would stick with a basic inexpensive router with cat 5e or 6 cable. Internet connect speeds are slow compared to computer and router capabilities so nothing fancy or expensive is necessary.

Shijin13 likes this.
  3. ssj3

ssj3 Silver

Shijin13 likes this.
  4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

We have a VPN Router (required for work stuff) and a basic modem that doesn't emit wifi. specifically went out and bought that. I'm currently using a Henge docking station for my old macbook Pro. When I get my next MBP I plan on using a docking station for that, and plug the current MBP with the HengeDock by the TV, and run ethernet to that system and hook it direct up to the TV so we can officially ditch cable - minus internet....

5. JMO

JMO Gold

I have DSL and an actiontec wireless modem. There is not a hardwired switch to turn wireless off but you can do it thru the software by going to the modem ip address 192.168.0.1 and change the configuration to turn wireless off.