1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

WINTER SURVIVAL GUIDE

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Christine_L, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Mexico for nearly a month, lucky you!

I recently bought a bomber hat for my CT sessions. I love the way the faux fur covers and warms my ears and back of my neck.

I love Organic India tulsi original tea. I wish I could take ashwaganda for stress mitigation. Unfortunately (for me), ashwaganda is a nightshade.

I hope you enjoy your Ra Optics. I have the Popp readers in Ultimate Night and Day, and then I got a plain (no customization) pair for walking around at night. Going to a concert next Thursday and will need them!

Phosphene likes this.
  2. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

They do! When a newly-planted cercis canadensis didn't make it through a particularly brutal winter, my husband joked that I'd gone through the 7 stages of grief.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I’ve learned how to do it on the cheap, which is the only way I can for now without raiding retirement funds. And of course since I’m planning to be a centenarian I’m often reminded to leave those funds right where they are. :D

I was off work with health issues for quite awhile, and finally well enough now to go back to something flexible and relatively low stress. The time off in the winter was non-negotiable, and I’m lucky to have supportive family. They still think I’m insane but they do love me.

Here’s a peek at how I did affordable no-frills travel last year. This year will be similar.

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...e-wants-to-do-right.21506/page-13#post-264530

MITpowered26, Christine_L and Cuffy like this.
  4. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

ya but gamba is weak on power. Its cheap but ya get what ya pay for or errr maybe a little less

Phosphene likes this.
  5. Sun Disciple

Nah ditch the heater get a bath robe and go camando underneath it and flash the horizon. Less nnemf that way.

6. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Phosphene likes this.
  7. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I want to reply to everyone on here! It's so great to hear what each one of us is doing to prepare.

Having just moved to Florida and sort of starting anew we have some basic mitigation to finish- hardwiring our internet which is a slow DSL for one. We were discussing ways to maximize morning and evening sunlight out in the yard as opposed to being under the screened lanai. But even in the lanai we will mount our two infrared heaters that we had used in our garage in NC for poker games. That will provide a warm respite to the cold mornings for the temperature stability I need. We just had two big water oaks cut down because they were a danger to the house so we'll have plenty of wood to burn- I hope to have a fire outside every night. I was even thinking I could do a small fire pit for morning sun out in the yard. Our master bedroom (really the bonus room that was converted from a garage) has a giant fireplace that we will use also. Even just having candles in that room (it has tongue and groove wood walls) is heavenly in the evenings. The pool will be open year-round for easy CT. I would also like to purchase a red light of some nature for indoors. It's on the list!

My biggest changes are diet related actually- moving to ketosis again. After my miscarriages (the first of 2 being almost exactly one year ago) I self-soothed with alcohol and sugars. Now that we're beyond the stress of moving and actually getting to the sunshine I am taking steps to again eliminate cofee, sugars and alcohol (even my Malbec!) Otherwise it's just the same old same old here. I began homeschooling after we moved so I can be home more and help everyones redoxes.

8. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Thx for some great ideas.

I know Dr Kruse recommends tanning beds for those in higher latitudes but I will personally steer clear of them by a country mile. I have seen videos of people testing them for EMF exposure and the readings are obscenely high (ELF in milligauss) close to the bed (believed to be mainly due to device's internal cooling fan).

If you choose to use them anyway at least put some distance between you and bed-- as many feet as you can.

Perhaps you can try as an inferior substitute a setup in deep dark winter whereby you put sunbathing foil reflectors around your body as you lay on your favorite lounger. This would intensify/focus sun's rays and speed your solar session--even under cloudy skies. (I would exercise caution at first because depending on time of day, season, reflector arrangement, etc. you could get burned by overexposure--- so use a timer in case you snooze).

In principal this is akin to a solar oven so take care. If someone asks what's burning in the oven it may be you !

Pablo, MITpowered26 and Hilde like this.
  9. Sun Disciple

Yup ive measured them and they put out dirty electricity and magnetic fields but my exposure time is short. If your EHS deffinetly stear clear but if you compare the exposure to everything else you dont measure and come across on a daily basis you would be shocked especially if you live in a big city or work in an office. I also ground and take a walk in the forest if I can afterwards.

10. Saichi

Saichi New Member

I just measured the e-field on some old fluorescents I have in storage. Around 120 v/m several inches from the bulb. I'd be comfortable lying in front of that bulb for about 20 seconds lol.

If you're cold adapted dunno how 15 to 30 minutes of air CT for raw SG isn't a better option.

11. ElectricUniverse

Yes, but you have to consider cost-benefit ratio to using these devices.

Unfortunately these health appliances we rely on-- tanning beds, infrared saunas, LED lights, fitbits, etc--- come with downsides. Every single bit of human technology (no matter how benign at first glance) always causes deleterious side effects while ostensibly giving us benefits. That is the very nature of technology in a world of duality. It is always win-lose.

I don't in principle subscribe to the position that: well, it is okay to be exposed to a little bit of toxins if I think I am getting benefits in return-- because, heck, I am already being exposed to environmental toxins (i.e. nnEMF) that I can't readily control. What is another drop in the barrel of my exposure load, anyway?

Every exposure is essentially cumulative in body effects. I would be careful about using this mental argument. In some cases, you may be deluding yourself.

Hilde likes this.
  12. I use the therabulb too. I really like it.

13. I love your list!

14. Biosphere pic?

drezy likes this.
  15. Nrelax11

Nrelax11 New Member

Awesome! How do you go about using it? I currently am just sitting in a chair facing my back and then front towards it. I laso use it for lighting, but I don't know how expensive it is to run it for a long period of time. Although, I rarely use lights anyways, so i'm sure its fine. I want to build a panel with 4 of those bulbs on it so I can get more surface area covered on my body.

16. drezy

drezy Gold

I don't have pics of last winter's setup and it's more like a bio lean-to.

Apparently my son used some of my 10' 3/4 schedule 40 PVC as ninja staffs, broke them, and silently placed them back in my storage area....

I'll have pictures once it gets colder, but it's alot like this
    Garage-Greenhouse.jpg

17. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Awwwww... pansies! :)

I would totally park myself under there in winter. If it’s good enough for the plants why not us?

Is it something to do with this again?

572D4544-10D6-4206-AF12-8714015CAA37.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    MITpowered26, Hilde and drezy like this.
  18. drezy

drezy Gold

At least from it's mainly that my wife will do the CT tub all winter IF she has a greenhouse (or maybe redhouse as you point out).

I do admit that it feels good in there, but I seem to be relatively impervious to our winters even when stepping out of a 50F immersion.

In the middle of winter, I always feel it's incumbent upon me to ask for a hug to prove that I am loved immediately after emerging from the tub. If I get rebuffed I brandish the atomic level statement "I just need you to prove with this hug, now, that all the past hugs were meaningful."

Christine_L and Sun Disciple like this.
  19. I love it!

drezy likes this.
  20. ElectricUniverse

All true love hugs are irrevocable and resonate until end of time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    drezy likes this.