1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Winter Mermaid's Adventures in Biohacking

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Winter Mermaid, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Also noticing that I feel best in small/moderate ketosis. When the stick goes too dark I feel weird mentally. I can eat ripe summer fruit (only until I get the signal to stop, usually before I finish a whole fruit) and stay in ketosis apparently.

I think if I can keep this up, I want to do CT (not vigorous swimming) after breakfast every day in the ocean, continuing into the winter unless the water goes below freezing (which it can because of the salt, I imagine that is quite dangerous unless you're just doing a quick dip- need to do more research on this.

2. Inger

Inger Silver

you made me thirsty for the ocean too, WM. I have not been there for over a week... only rainy here lately. I should go anyway...... for sure

Winter Mermaid likes this.
  3. As long as there is no lightning!!!

One thing I was not expecting: I had to ride my bike as transportation since my car is in the shop. There is a hill that I always walk my bike up- and after 30 minutes ocean CT I cruised up the hill without even trying that hard! Unbelievable. Could it be placebo?

4. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Nope, you make lot of atp and get very efficient in the ocean. Glad you are seeing little improvements.

5. I want to learn more - did a search here and on the blogs but couldn't find anything specific. Can you point to a place to read more about this?

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

There is a huge C/T thread.....

7. Sorry, I thought for some reason CT in the ocean produces more ATP and could not find anything on that specifically. Should have been more precise . . . reading the CT thread now!

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

C/T in the ocean is way, way better .......... electrons and photons...

The three legged stool all wrapped up in one!

Dr. K. has said if we live near an ocean/lake and don't get in every day - we need our ass kicked!

C/T in a bathtub doesn't do it for me......

Celeste likes this.
  9. I get the same feeling . . . I really want to use the ocean every day if I can.

Exercise in the morning is bad because of cortisol, but when I go into the water at first my heart speeds up so much it feels like I went running! Is doing this in the morning problematic for the same reason as exercise? After a few minutes my heart calms down.

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

I wouldn't think so ...you are collection electrons ....all good!

The morning sunlight apparently is very beneficial ...sounds like a win/win to me! you are re zipping your collagen...

Throw a fishing line in while you are at it ...and catch your lunch!

I go nuts in the bathtub .... but a tub outside would be a whole different ball game!

Dr. K. used to sit in his hot tub every morning and watch the sun rise.....

some folks sit in their tub for hours - even doing stuff ...I just can't. I want to be outside!

can you sun on some rocks?

11. Yes, it's a nice beach and I did a little "sunning" though it was before 10 am so I'm sure it wasn't quite vitamin D producing. I am still vain about my skin and don't want to wrinkle. My plan is go outside in minimal clothing in the morning (preferably by doing CT at the beach) and then 10 minutes at solar noon- and keep covered with clothing the rest of the time.

I'm about to eat breakfast and then jump in the car to go to Revere! :). Wish I could seafood there but haven't found any good places so far.

12. Celeste

Celeste New Member

I agree and I'm a psychologist. Awareness of inaccurate beliefs rather than spinning in them for years. Would like to study cranio sacral further. Energy medicine.

13. Found a gorgeous beach, much better than Revere, only a few more miles north. Clean and almost empty, soft sand, beautiful sparkling water. Water temp measured at 62 degrees, stayed in for 35 minutes. Breakfast before "SEA-T" was a can of red salmon, a beef jerky stick, and a small wineglass of heavy cream. The high fat definitely helps me stand the cold temperatures. Hoping if I go in every day I'll just adapt as it gets colder.

caroline likes this.
  14. All of that is good stuff. Have you had any personal experience with those modalities?

15. Celeste

Celeste New Member

Yes, But only 2 classes. I accessed things and released energy, rippling not spiraling and getting stuck. Then just positive energy states. Feelings of joy, well being... on things I never accessed in years of therapy. Diet is so key also. Another way to support your energy or take away from it. I've seen how people due to SAD spin in negative thinking for years. Cant get mental clarity, unhappy.

caroline and Winter Mermaid like this.
  16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

If I've read Jack's recent blogs correctly, getting sun in the mornings and evenings would be best and safest. If you do get sun at noon, it would be a good idea to get more near sunset, to heal any damage.

Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

I don't think I am really understanding properly .... the early morning sun and late afternoon sun ......

18. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

The light is more red-shifted in mornings and afternoons. Blue at noon.

Alex97232 likes this.
  19. Spent a few hours in the ocean today, BAB beforehand and lobster afterward- still had insane carb cravings. Something about too much cold water does that to me! I suppose I was swimming and playing, maybe I burned too many calories. Hmmm . . .

Despite lack of perfection all my clothes continue to loosen slowly.

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

What are you having for your BAB?

good morning from Oz!