1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Winter Mermaid's Adventures in Biohacking

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Winter Mermaid, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Ok . . . this is just getting weird. After 24 hours with just fat, protein and water, I ate some cucumbers and lettuce and they tasted so sweet. This appears to be even more pronounced the day after a CT session.

Getting a painful boil on my chin, more detox perhaps? I get them every so often, they always stay below the surface of the skin. A sign of inflammation no doubt.

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Sounds like you're doing splendedly, Winter.

Winter Mermaid likes this.
  3. Thanks for the encouragement! I am right now reading through everyone's journals from the beginning so I can be an intelligent commenter- so many interesting stories.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

journals are where innovation is born.

Winter Mermaid and Josh like this.
  5. yarralea

yarralea New Member

Winter Mermaid. Best. Forum. Name. EVER!

Winter Mermaid likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

your immune system is working.........not detox electrons = better immunity

Alex97232 and Winter Mermaid like this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Ideas are, almost inevitably, networks of other ideas. We take the ideas we've inherited or stumbled across, and we jigger them together into some new shape. When an idea takes a new shape or size the idea’s thermodynamics change and from this action a new idea or concept is born.

Alex97232 likes this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

In crawfish, blood cells are attracted to the niche, a nursery of baby neurons at the base of the brain. Each cell splits into two daughter cells, precursors to full neurons, both of which migrate out of the niche. Those head to two clumps of nerves in the brain called clusters 9 and 10.

http://www.cell.com/developmental-cell/abstract/S1534-5807(14)00405-5

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

When we come up with a new concept, a great idea that works well for us, I look back, and see that the idea was built on a previous idea that we had, that was only a little bit innovative. It solved a small problem. Who knew that when we came up with the small idea, that it would spawn greatness in just a year or two. :)

Alex97232 and Winter Mermaid like this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

OK..............I said this in CT 4:
    “ I saw a man becoming transformed, by a bunch of Monks who lived in the Himalaya’s. It was said most of them lived to be over 100 years old on little food, in the cold, and were incredibly productive. I wondered to myself, could this really occur in life or was it just part of the story?”

The more I read, the more the book brought me back to my days at the museum as a young boy. I began to think about it more.

I progressed on to the scientific papers I was sent. They main topics discussed were cytokines, leptin, cell membrane chemistry, and obesity. After a very short while things clicked. I stopped the majority of what I was doing and went to the medical school library. I was like a great white shark in a group of seals for 8 months.

Now go re read CT 5 with new eyes since now you have quantum changes to your neurons.

11. I have now read all the things you suggested at the beginning of this journal- and CT 5.

It's amazing what a low standard of health and well-being we've come to accept as normal in the richest country on earth.

This especially interests me because I am a psychotherapist and I treat people with mental illness- almost all of whom have co-morbid conditions: obesity/anorexia, allergies, autoimmune issues, tons of digestive issues. I also see the total destruction wrought on people's bodies from anti-psychotic drugs (big belly, shortly thereafter diabetes and heart problems), and loss of libido from SSRIs. Ultimately what I would like to do is open a clinic where someone can get a complete medical/nutritional workup in addition to psychotherapy (which is still important because people tend to have an emotional attachment to being ill, as well as other issues not completely addressed by getting a healthy body).

Like Dr. Kruse, I see myself as experimenting on myself so that I can some day help them, I at least need some preliminary data and first-hand knowledge. For a long time now I have not believed that talking alone will help most people. I have big plans, and if I want to accomplish them I must be much healthier than I am.

During my training we are required to be in therapy, and I found that I instinctively could not trust a therapist who did not seem a lot healthier than me on every level. What could I possibly learn from them? I know many therapists who are overweight or suffer from other familiar health problems. I believe it is any healthcare worker's duty to be as healthy as possible to set an example. You cannot take a patient further than you yourself have gone, at least not in my field.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    Alex97232, Clayton, Josh and 3 others like this.
  12. caroline

caroline Moderator

beautifully said Winter ...^^^^

13. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Well said.

14. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Nice, Winter.

15. Inger

Inger Silver

I love this

16. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I think that it does help to compare the child that was to the adult that is. What would the child say? What possibilities did it have and are they getting fulfilled. I got a lot of clues from that of how I learn and did not learn and why.

Alex97232 likes this.
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Talk therapy makes mental illness worse..........DHA is the key and getting them out of their EMF oven.

Alex97232, Celeste, Josh and 3 others like this.
  18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^^Robin Williams.

19. I agree with your assessment with regard to 95% of practitioners (and I am being generous). There are many bad therapists, and any therapist that sends you towards psychiatric drugs is committing a well-intentioned act of harm.

I confess, I am not really a therapist. I don't do Cognitive Behavioral therapy or work on "coping mechanisms" which are useless without basic health of the body first. I was trained psychoanalytically, to work with deep drives and instincts. I also have personal experience with body psychotherapy, the entire point of which is to get the patient in touch with his energy. I use these techniques with patients and have found them to be very effective.

To give you just one example: I worked with a depressed, eating disordered vegan (not very surprising to the people on this board). This person restricted their eating, was suicidal, and also very into a strict form of religion. Over time, as they were able to trust me and to explore the reasoning behind this idealogy, we discovered that this person's veganism stemmed from a belief that their aggression (instinct to hunt/kill) was so destructive that it had to be rejected completely. Once they were able to work through these thoughts and feelings they were willing to listen to my advice to start eating clams and mussels (among many other things, including a full physical workup)! This was way before I knew about your site, but animal rights philosophers have said it is ethical to eat them since they can't feel pain, and even then I knew the importance of Omega 3 to depression from Dr. Barry Sears and his work. My patient became healthier. That is how I seek to work with people.

Many times people must work through emotional issues before they can seek help. I agree that the "help" they then seek is usually terrible (psychiatric drugs and bad nutrition and over-exercise). However, a therapist who is clued in to both primal instincts and proper research can be helpful.

Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  20. CT in the ocean today at Revere! Water was between 58 and 64 degrees at about 9:30 am. Stayed in for about thirty minutes.

nonchalant likes this.