1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Winter Mermaid's Adventures in Biohacking

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Winter Mermaid, Aug 7, 2014.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

wow .... you are an amazing looking young woman! rock on!!!

2. Thank you - I'm working on it. The sad thing is that by American visual standards I'm not that overweight - even though I am a good 30 pounds over my ideal. I'm not looking to get super skinny and would not mind replacing fat with muscle.

Conclusively proved today: eating any dairy other than butter will trigger nagging hunger and carb cravings. Which makes sense since the baby calf is supposed to get "hooked" on the milk and want to keep drinking it until it has gained hundreds of pounds :).

caroline likes this.
  3. I think last night may qualify for falling off the wagon - went out with a friend (who is also doing low carb and is flirting with trying epi-paleo) to an upscale place and got delicious headcheese, wurst, four kinds of raw cheeses, and pickles. High quality ingredients and made in-house, but more processed than I have been used to eating this last week. I also had five candied nuts, a tiny bit of sweet jam/relish, and apple slices. According to the ketostix I was still in ketosis immediately after and a few hours after that meal, so total carbs must have been under 50 or so.

Within an hour of getting home, I got a very painful single hive on my arm that appeared suddenly with a piercing sting- so bad I thought maybe a spider bit me. My whole arm was on fire. I iced it, and I think it is likely I had some kind of reaction to all the cheese or possibly to some ingredient used in the many fermented meat products I ate. Or perhaps it was simply too much protein. Not sure. I very rarely have allergic reactions to anything and I've never had an identifiable allergy. I should add that totally by accident yesterday was the first day I had NO DHA in my diet- I ran out of fish and didn't get more until later, and by then my friend wanted to go to dinner. I wonder if that has anything to do with it!

This is a minor setback (woke up feeling better but definitely not as slim as every previous morning of the re-set). Eating wheat would be a total loss and instantly bloats me 5-7 pounds of water weight overnight.

From now on, if I eat out, I am going to keep it real simple: fish/seafood and vegetables cooked in butter, or a steak and vegetables cooked in butter. At least on the first stage of the re-set.

4. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Perhaps not just seek answers in your foods...

Upscale place would qualify today as EMF hell and how about the people around you? Usage of iGadgets on social events goes beyond crazy now... Therefor i often chose place with great care instead of looking at what they offer in foods and drinks.

Alex97232 and Lahelada like this.
  5. Hi Prana! (and hi Inger from before) I never even considered that possibility. It is an intriguing one. Can heavy EMF environments give people allergic reactions? Do you find that spending time in a place like that impacts you? How so?

It's tough, I live in Boston which is probably the most EMF heavy city on the East Coast outside of NYC. In my neighborhood it is all young college kids and there are so many wifi signals that turning off ours at night would barely make a little dent. I love city life, but I also love country life and may at some point get the chance to move to rural Vermont. I would prefer to split my time between Boston and Vermont, something several of my colleagues do.

I am seriously considering a Magnetico. Unless I move far away I am in a 24/7 EMF bath. I'll be leaving a job with severance in the next couple weeks and I may just put the bonus money towards a Magnetico . . . I can already anticipate the ribbing I will get from the people in my life over that one :). I admit the EMF stuff sounds like tinfoil hattery, but I am exploring the science behind it and I think it is sound. I frankly WANT it to be incorrect because otherwise our whole species is in big trouble and I'm pretty sure most people will choose cancer and disease over being healthy if it means giving up 24/7 gadget use.

Hope and Alex97232 like this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Alex97232 likes this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You need to read what I wrote about Nora Volkow's research.............your EMF bath is a a serious problem.

Alex97232 likes this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

And Winter Mermaid.........if you think it is "tinfoil hattery"........please do yourself a favor and read Andrew Marino's book called "Going Somewhere" You might learn something deep and important.

Alex97232 likes this.
  9. Hi Doc! Thanks for dropping in.

I didn't say it "was" tinfoil hattery, only that it **sounds** like it if people have not done a lot of reading into the science. I will definitely read that book and re-read your relevant blog posts about Volkow. I'm going to guess you would recommend I get the 20 gauss Magnetico . . .

Alex97232 likes this.
  10. Frankly it would be fitting. This job I am leaving caused so much stress and it would rock to use their severance money to buy something to improve my health.

11. Inger

Inger Silver

i guess Jack would say... not even 1000 gauss is enough...... ;)

12. I did see that comment elsewhere! My understanding is that it is still better than nothing?

It will take me another few months before I earn my professional license. That will increase my income a lot, and my options to move/shield EMF will grow exponentially. And as soon as I get my MA license I will work on getting on in Vermont. It is far easier to transfer one (keeping the original in the first state too) than to apply fresh in each state.

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Without knowing more I would tell you to hold off yet...........You need to assess your environment before you allocate resources.

Alex97232 likes this.
  14. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

If you stick to this place, ask many questions we will guide you. We will all show different aspects on the theory of life but we all have a will to live it to the fullest, therefor from one you get science and from other you get easy and simple things to put your mind going, what the fuck...

In my own world, yes to your comments... You get science from Jack and perhaps plain and simple words from me but we are on the same boat. The allergic reaction can be because you are in a constant "out of energy" mode but also a warning signal to get the hell out of here (or there). Listen to it, like it and do things to change it, and with that i do not mean yet another pill like most normal humans do.

When i get stuck in everything from EMF hell to simply humans doing stupid things i first sense a lost of brilliance, i loose the details in life, the small things that makes me purr lika a cat. In a sudden everythings feels, pale... This is where i often just leave no matter what, always heading out in the wilds.

Just reading a little about you above i think you have a very special ability that is just waiting to get the proper amount of energy. I sense a special mindset, often i do when people had a special childhood, like you did. The time to come for sure has some really though tests to put upon us living and for you, you have been trained in that from early years. If you manage to stay here even if it sounds goofy you will end up in some living creature for sure.

You will be looking weird to many but i think you cope with that.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    Alex97232 and Winter Mermaid like this.
  15. Celeste

Celeste New Member

Hi WM,
    I also love butter too. Wondering if GF raw butter is okay in the US. I get mine from Amish farmers in PA. I also stay away from any other dairy.
    Wow you are really quickly getting into the CT. Inspiring! All I do is take cold showers.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

I usually don't do well eating out unless it is something very simple........msg puts me over the edge every time.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

adding to what Dr. K. and peter are saying ..... what jewelry do you wear?

I am discovering this last week that my stainless steal watch may be a problem. I have taken off a titanium bracelet as well.

A lot of us have taken off rings, earings etc.

Janette Layne likes this.

18. I feel like I found Narnia through the coats in the wardrobe. A real place, but people may not believe it exists until they see it for themselves.

I resonate with what you are saying, for sure. I am learning how to take care of myself N=1, not how anyone else thinks I should.

Today for breakfast I had a can of salmon, and spring water. Five hours later for lunch I had a can of sardines, a ripe peach, and spring water. Having the fish for those two meals immediately put me in a very different place. I've eaten regular paleo before and it never left me feeling this clear. Tonight I stayed up for a friend's birthday party but I chose to spend those electrons on my dear friend :).

P.S. to the doc: I made the yam lasagna with beef and ricotta tonight and everyone raved about it, no leftovers! I am impressed. I'll cook my way through it.

Starting to realize that the reason I stopped reading MDA is because I felt the science was meh, it had become so mainstream and kind of dull, too focused on diet. I still love Mark and think the site does great things but I wondered why I didn't read it anymore . . . .

I was ready for the Narnia of quantum biological theories!

Janette Layne and Alex97232 like this.
  19. I had actually done 2 weeks of face dunking prior to starting the re-set. I didn't realize I was doing it out of order until later!

I'm experiencing nausea while icing my belly, which I have seen other people mention in previous threads. Hoping to just work through it soon.

THE JEWELRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you mentioned that. My whole life I have had an aversion to jewelry and hated wearing it. Made me feel so uncomfortable and uneasy . . . I wonder if I was aware on a body level that I was putting antennas on myself ;-).

Janette Layne, Celeste and caroline like this.
  20. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are so intuitive .....trust it at all times!
    Have you read Dr. K 's random musings blog today?