1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Winter Mermaid's Adventures in Biohacking

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Winter Mermaid, Aug 7, 2014.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Well I think it is someone's duty to experiment and report back.

Winter Mermaid likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Winter - can't wait for your thoughts. That webinar and Q&A had such a profound affect on me....
    and I do love a guy with a pony tail!

maybe we have to meet in Santa Fe!!!!

Winter Mermaid likes this.
  3. Biggest success to date: drastic reduction in ADHD symptoms.

I just started my new job at an agency. I have had paperwork problems in every single job before this- I hate doing it, I procrastinate it, I don't do it according to the rules (because I hate it so much I skimp on detail) and then get negative attention from supervisors, etc. My over the top hatred of bureaucracy and red tape have interfered with my ability to do the administrative side of my job. The clinical part is always a joy, and I've never had any problems in that department.

So far it's been two days and I have completed ALL my paperwork for all new clients. This is a first for me. Right after each session I dove right into the 20-page assessments and had them done within 30 minutes of the appointment ending! It often takes people an hour or more to complete these. I had no urge to procrastinate, I was not filled with paralyzing rage, and I was eager to get it over with.

Unbelievable.

I decided that clinic days - when my EMF exposure will be huge - I'm going to be ZERO carb with high DHA. And hopefully ice baths before and after work. I did that the last two days and seems to have helped immensely. I also credit the Magnetico and the awesome sleep I've been getting. Still feeling tingling when I lay down on it, but it's kind of pleasant.

I brought my wifi-recieving laptop on the bed (Dr. Bonlie said it probably wouldnt hurt my computer and it hasnt), and it HURTS! It gives me palpable pain and discomfort in my fingers, hands, and forearms to use it on the Magnetico. No idea what causes that but now I only use the computer outside my bedroom.

P.S. Caroline I have a big test to study for tomorrow but to celebrate I will watch the Webinar. And I would love to go to Santa Fe and hang out!!! :).

4. Inger

Inger Silver

Yay... sound pretty amazing, WinterMermaid - you rock....!!!
    I have had so many alike issues too.... I am sure I am a ADHD too even if never diagnosed from a doc. My dad told me I never walked as a kid, always jumped and run around. i felt so bad from sweets always and craved cod liver oil.
    if i eat a SAD and life like people most I feel really bad. In my head/mentally
    That is why I can never go back. ever.

That is interesting that being on the computer hurts on the magnetico...... i really wonder....
    what came in my thought first was, if the magnetico put us in a more sensitive/healthy state and that is why you feel the unnatural, strong radiation so strongly when on it, like a big warning sign... if it is that it is pretty scary!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  5. Wow. I passed my licensing exam yesterday by a two point margin after a big cram session. I attribute those extra two points (and passing) to eating massive amounts of DHA for the three days before the test, and sleeping on the magnetico plus total darkness. If my brain hadn't been in peak form I would have had to wait three months to retake and spend another 500 dollars!!!!!!

So grateful to have found these protocols.

Thanks for the kind words Inger! I love your new picture! I like your theory about the computer.

Hope likes this.
  6. Inger

Inger Silver

Yay - DHA works :) :) :)

I once ate a whole fresh raw lambs brain the day before a big test and I did amazing... all the information stored in my brain just flowed to my consciousness, it was a pretty amazing experience :)

7. How did you get into this raw meat thing? I would not be afraid to eat raw food if I knew the farmer, the source, etc, but it freaks me out to think about eating raw meat even from a high end grocer like Whole Foods or from the fishmonger.

8. Inger

Inger Silver

Well, I have worked for over 10 years as a waitress... in restaurants serving raw meat like carpaccio, I was used at it when I started eating all raw. People here eat "mett" on the bread and that is --> minced, raw pork..lol no one is afraid of that. You get it at every corner

In the beginning it was more like a raw vegan diet i did, with lots of fruit, I ate some raw fish and meat tho. I never thought they were bad for me. I was not scared of bacteria either as I just read up about all the dangers, and they seemed way bigger to me with cooked foods :eek: so why would I be afraid? I got really bad food poisoning only once in my life and that was from cooked spinach soup... Botulism is the really dangerous one and that can as well be found in canned stuff and sausages - people get botulism from canned olives but no one are scared to eat those?
    So I figured in my head the fear of raw animal food, even if rotten, was nonsense. And how comes, I did wonderful with it and cannot stop :)

If you have fears read up about what you are afraid of - that always helped me to get the proportions right. ;)

Many things does not make sense at all, people are afraid of eating berries in the forest here because of a parasite - this parasite you get way easier from dogs than from berries... and every other here has dogs.. imagine.. how comes they do not think about that if they choose to be afraid?

I wanted to say.... i quit eating the high fruit raw diet because it did me no good long term.. and that is about 5-6 years ago and since then I have been eating almost only raw meat and raw seafood.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

I do have tried some cooking here and there, and I do fine with it if it is limited to some steak fried a minute gently in the pan once in a while.. or some gently sauteed lean fish/seafood (no salmon or fatty fish) but if I start to do it much and eat thoroughly cooked stuff for several meals in a row I can feel a difference that I do not like.
    Food warmed/cooked twice are really bad, I never eat those. Makes me feel not good at all!

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Congratulations Winter! and a huge thumbs up for raw food from me too...

11. Caroline Vigneron

Caroline Vigneron New Member

From what I gathered here and there, the tryptamine found in psychedelics is an aromatic amino acid, close to triptophan. It bonds to several serotonin receptors.
    Dr Kruse said in his Nourish Vermont 2017 talk that aromatic amino acids absorb UV light, that they have a benzene ring which is a photon trap.
    Psychedelics are indeed known to make us more sensitive to light... I tend to think they make us more sensitive to the "wave"/EMF side of reality, more than to its "particule"/material side. So their effects are grandly affected by the set and setting in which they're used, which is basicaly the intention and the EMF environment. Intention is known to have effects in quantum physics, right?
    So, as far as i understand it, that's why they'll end up having positive effects during a healing ceremony in the middle of the jungle in an environment that's high in native EMFs and very low in nnEMFs, and that's how they may end up having more adverse effects if taken for fun in an environment high in nnEMFs and low in native ones. And medicinal properties will be activated best when the body is grounded.
    That's how experienced psychonauts may end up telling you it's best to use them in nature with an intention that benefits Life! But maybe a magnetico mattress will do if nature is not available aournd?A regular grounding mat can do too it the ground is clean and if there are low nnEMFs arnound.
    https://www.psychedelicsdaily.com/blog/extended-state-dmt-prolong-the-dmt-flash/

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

QT #40 blog recently released on Patreon really explains what nobody asked me about tryptophan after the Vermont 2018 video but should have.

www.patreon.com/DrJackKruse