1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Winter lights

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Emma Sabin, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Hi again

I've been speaking with Melanie Proctor and we've been trying to work out the best lights to use in North European winter and we'd like your ok on any. She mentioned a vitamin D one - would that be ok for me too with a cataract? Are there any others you think are ok too?
    Alex97232 likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Tell her hello! I miss her questions on the Q & A's. If you marry CT with it I think red light is wise 580-1400nm. You could add a UVA bulb too........but that is a question that comes down to particular details. DO I think you can get away with CT and red alone......must can if their heteroplasmy rate is not sky high.
  3. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Sure, will say hi from you and tell her to get back on here. She is how I heard about you so I will always be indebted to her.

So, no vitamin d lamp then? Shes wanting to advise her clients who live in the UK and asked me if I use it but I'm not using any at the moment, but know I should start maybe.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Well you could use the Sperti D but I don't think I would initially
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Ask her how her mom is doing after her surgery
  6. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Yes I will ask her.

Why wouldn't you recommend using the Sperti D? I'm only getting light from the sun now which is between 8 and 6 and lessening obviously. Do you think this is enough?
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

UVB might not bewise for an uncoupled high heteroplasmy case where the mitochondria are getting mixed signals.
  8. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

So if Melanie is recommending this for other English girls returning to London after staying on her retreat in Thailand would this be the same or is it just me in my environment?
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think in Thailand it makes a sense to use sun and a UV blub indoors..........In the UK you need to have more data about the person before you jump to it
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Emma there is no one answer that fits everyone. Quantum health is a N= 1 game.
  11. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

This is what I thought you meant. So to confirm for me personally I should carry on using light from the Ibizan sun only and then when its dark I use a couple of dimmed halogens (but mostly Himalayan salt lamp and candles) with my blue blockers?

Ill relay this to Mel. She said shes gonna get back on here soon.
  12. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Hi again

So Mel has asked me to ask (she will be returning to the forum soon) what does she recommend to people from the UK going back home to the winter months? There are lots of people with problems and they need help. She appreciates N=1 but believes there must be a lamp that could work for a lot of people and wondered what you thought?