1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Wil's Journal: Stumbling Forward One Day-At-A-Time

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by jwhb77, Nov 27, 2015.

1. jwhb77

jwhb77 New Member

2016-05-13. Friday

It's been too long since I've posted, but it's been a crazy month with the end of the semester in my Physics class going on, along with getting up to speed at my new job.

Anyways, as far as my Kruse-in' goes, I've managed to get outside in the sunrise light at least 20 or so min most mornings... on working days, this is mostly highway drive-time w/ my window or sunroof open, on my way to work, and on non- work days I've mostly done 30 min sessions standing on the grass in my backyard. I'm not satisfied with my consistency yet, but I'm giving myself points for being about 70-80% of the way there.

In my Kruse-inspired fantasy world, I'd be spending the hour before sunrise doing CT submerged in 55 degree-or-cooler water, then hop out of the tub, go outside, & gaze at the AM sunrise for an hour everyday, while slurping down a dozen or more fresh oysters. I'd also catch the PM sunset for 30 min to an hour, maybe after CT'ing again...

In reality, this hasn't happened yet, but I'm getting bits & pieces of this vision in place... trying to build one little aspect/habit in at a time, until I'm doing all of this. We'll see... I've tended to go in spurts with this.

I just received a shipment of freshly- shucked Hama-Hama oysters that I ordered online, & am pumped to have something closer to live than the smoked, canned-in-cottonseed oil oysters that I have local access to in my area. I'm going to try to keep better records of how everything is affecting me as I go, and try to make this journal more consistently current too, now that I'm done with school for the summer.

Still counting the days till the Quantlet arrives... can't get here soon enough! LOL...

Peace, & We Out!
    Wil

2. jwhb77

jwhb77 New Member

2016-05-15. Sunday

Saturday for lunch I ate 3 dozen petite oysters (canned... eating through my canned stock at home before reaching for the new, fresh stuff I received Friday), and over the course of the next 3 hours I could literally feel the dopamine levels in my body & brain rising... and my anxiety levels concomitantly dropping to nihil. Having over a decade of experience in my n=1 of taking adhd meds that target dopamine specifically, with this identical set of sensations, I feel I've got a pretty good handle on what this 'feels like'... and it was unmistakable. Taken together with the fact that this was a completely blind/unintentional effect on my part, I tend to towards thinking it was more than simple placebo effect. It completely caught me off guard... and, looking back on it, the experience reinforces for me that Jack Kruse is so much more than just a mad genius shouting at the wind, desperate to be right & desperate to be heard... he's onto some deep, deep things that we ignore to our own chagrin. In this age of internet gurus & 'experts' aplenty, his advice is so much more than an overblown ego trip... even if (& perhaps especially when) it 'blows' your mind!

Just wanted to share...

:)

shah78 and nonchalant like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

ADHD = bad lit environment = John Ott's Book, Health and Light

jwhb77 likes this.
  4. jwhb77

jwhb77 New Member

2016-05-03. Friday

Following Dr. K's suggestion, I got John Ott's book Health and Light... started digging in today. It's interesting from the first chapter... looking forward to plowing through the rest this week.

In other news, I've been having my salmon roe in the AM & oysters after I get home from work this week... feeling much more coherent today. Brain fog & anxiety are much improved over the past few weeks, & I think it was my spending too much time in front of blue-lit screens & slacking off with my oyster-slurping regimen.

5. jwhb77

jwhb77 New Member

2016-06-20. Monday

Been reading Ott's Health and Light book, and I'm almost to the chapters that cover human photobiomodulation... hard to put the book down, but since I'm aiming to digest the info I'm pacing myself.

Went to a family reunion of sorts this weekend, and several people mentioned my weight loss & wanted to know what I'd been doing. My aunt kept telling me how good I looked, lol. I take it in stride mostly, since that's all peripheral as far as I am concerned. All I care about is getting better, and by that I mean getting my brain & mind & memory purring along like a well-oiled machine. As it stands, I've got a long ways to go before I reach that goal... my near-daily forgetfulness & struggles to make connections keep me quite humble (if not outright depressed at times). The biggest struggles for me right now are being faithful & consistent with all of my Krusing practices, and staying in a positive frame of mind.

This week, I plan on watching Dr. K's webinar on mitochondria hacking that was just recently posted, & hope to pick up some gems there... also, I'm debating whether I need to pony up & get the Magnetico Super Sleep Pad, or if maybe I'm just feeling impulsive/impatient lately. I definitely see its value theoretically, it's just a stretch for my budget right now... we'll see.

Anywho, that's all for now.

Shalom Friends,
    Wil

caroline likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

What protocols do you have in place now?

7. jwhb77

jwhb77 New Member

Caroline,

I'm spending 30 min to an hr watching the sun rise, eating a tablespoon or two of salmon roe, & eating a dozen shucked oysters from HamaHama oyster company on most days. Other than that, I eat a standard Paleo-style diet most of the time. I avoid all gluten, beef, nightshades (the majority of the time), and peanuts (I've tested allergic to all of these). I've tried CT on and off, but seem to have a hard time implementing it consistently... especially when life gets busy.

I've also limited my time in front of blue-lit screens quite a bit, though there's room for improvement. I put a blue light filter on my laptop & phone screens, which doesn't eliminate all blue light, but which does seem to help. I also have a pair of 265 nm UV LED bulbs that I run whenever I'm on the laptop, along with some 660nm red bulbs that I often use with it (the laptop) as well. I sometimes chew nicotine gum while studying, which helps.

8. jwhb77

jwhb77 New Member

2016-07-14. Thursday

I bit the bullet about 3 weeks ago & ordered a 20 gauss Magnetico, and I've been sleeping on it for the past 2 weeks. Within the first 30 min of lying on it, my body was tingling all over. Within the first hour I started getting dry-mouth. I unintentionally fell asleep on it for a few hours in the late afternoon on that first day, then had a hard time falling asleep on it later that night. The first week was rough, with a lot of flu-like symptoms... runny nose, 'hangover' feelings upon waking, loose stools, etc.

The frequency & intensity of these symptoms diminished after the first week, though, and the second week I started feeling more normal & coherent. Been chugging water like no tomorrow, and I still feel like my mouth & throat are always dry. I would say my energy levels are a little bit better throughout the daytime, though nothing dramatic. What has changed noticeably about my energy is that it's been much more even-keel throughout most days... which is unusual for me. I typically have energy in spurts, with low levels during the afternoon hours... I haven't noticed the drop-off since starting with the Magnetico.

I've experimented a little with keeping my water jug (of spring water) over the Magnetico for a few hours at a time, & it does seem to change something in the character of the water when I do this. It seems to absorb in my mouth much more, and I like the mouthfeel compared to just plain spring water. I also notice having a clearer mind after drinking it.

That's all for now....

9. jwhb77

jwhb77 New Member

2016-07-17. Sunday

Anyone know if storing drinking water in copper vessels would be a no-go for those with heavy metals/copper toxicity issues?

10. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Hey Wil,

Which red glasses did you get? I've been looking around for some but haven't had any luck yet?

11. Just Breathe

Just Breathe New Member

Carbonshades..

12. jwhb77

jwhb77 New Member

Dean6789, sorry this reply comes so late, but the red glasses I got were made by Dewalt...