1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Willing to trade my labour for some in person mentoring and guidance (sort of like WWOOFing)

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Infinite, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Nicolaj Sølvsten

Nicolaj Sølvsten New Member

I also did this :) Workaway rocks, only met nice, kind people :)

Infinite likes this.
  2. Nicolaj Sølvsten

+ its great to have something to do outside, sitting on the beach all the time without doing nayhitng gets boring..

Infinite likes this.
  3. Infinite

Infinite New Member

Agreed. I'm looking to either go to a diving/surfing resort, sailing or an organic farm. There's so many options. I have some deciding to do.

4. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

I spotted a dive spot in cozumel.if you look under mexico at workaway. Thats in the yucatan where you wanna be brother.

Infinite likes this.
  5. Infinite

Infinite New Member

Ok, I'll have a look! I was looking under Central America and I kept seeing places in Panama, Costa Rica and Guatemala.

What's so special about the Yucatan again? IIRC Jack said it's because of the Asteroid that hit there causing an abundant amount of electrons to be released from the earth, Or something along those lines..

6. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Strong magnetetic field, strong UV and acces to cenotes. They are cold, magnetized and contain Dueterium depleted fresh water. Cozumel is not far from a bunch of em.

Infinite likes this.
  7. shah78

shah78 Gold

I respecfully disagree. 80 hrs a week in the gulf of mexico under the yucatan solstice sun.It fucking changed my life.THERE IS NOTHING BORING ABOUT wiping away disease.!!!! :) it NEVER GETS OLD! All you want is MORE! You are too young. You haven't been sick long enough! :) good luck

Sean Waters, drezy, Lahelada and 3 others like this.
  8. shah78

shah78 Gold

Come visit me on Isla mujeres.

Lahelada and Infinite like this.
  9. shah78

shah78 Gold

I can't see how the extra 1 0r 2 degrees in latitude offsets the chucxilub crater. Really can't.

10. shah78

shah78 Gold

Columbia maybe.?.....especially at the winter soltice. now? not so much.

11. Infinite

Infinite New Member

Sure! I'd love to arrange something. Are you also doing a workaway type thing or do you just live there year round?

12. shah78

shah78 Gold

i just live here.

Infinite likes this.
  13. Infinite

Infinite New Member

So do you have dual citizenship now?

I ask to get a sense on what exactly I should do to get a tourist/work visa or even citizenship and what I'm supposed to tell Mexican border agents. It's been said that certain countries don't like to hear about workaway.

More digging to do I guess!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  14. Nicolaj Sølvsten

aight aight.. the youth-ignorance card.. but imagine doing that for 10 years..

shah78 likes this.
  15. shah78

shah78 Gold

1'. not the youth "ignorance" card. . The you "haven't met God in the Yucatan card ". :) 2. I may not have to do the high volume for ten years. Maybe just one or two. 3. Ten years????? i'll do it for forty years!!!!!:), if need be. my protocol is not the " EIGHT LABORS OF HERCULES"! :)

16. @Infinite check my journal.... Skin and all issues healed in 3 weeks in all say exposure to 30-35 degree sun... I ate fish a fair bit but a lot of banana peanut butter ice cream smoothies and wine and fried carbs and curries... Initially i felt a bit slow in energy, but week 3 and into week 4 my energy was ramping up and I was playing football (soccer as you lot call it) on the beach in the sunset with energy to burn.

That was 3 weeks... Imagine 3 months... 3 years...

Of course I am not the same as you, but we are all human and all mammals and all cells and all come from the cambrian event and we all run on cells and light. So I do not think you will be much different, in fact you will likely heal faster because I had Crohn disease as well to worry about.

Fuck the borders and what they think of workaway, tell them your travelling and then border-run when it expires to belize or guat or US.

Stop waiting around, book your flight and go...

Infinite and Nicolaj Sølvsten like this.
  17. Infinite

Infinite New Member

Yeah, you're right, I have to go, ASAP. There is a six month limit in one country, but like you said, I could just go to another country nearby (I think).

Your journal is an inspiration man!

Also, I'm wondering if you are getting any vaccinations done for your trip? Like Hepatitis B and other tropical travel related ones. I'm wondering what this forum thinks about them.

Sean Waters likes this.
  18. They aren't good but a quote from Jack on another thread.... "People are forgetting about the gains you can make"

I got my jabs done, felt a bit shit, but it didn't stop me from getting back to full health in India. I think that is what he means. Also, these diseases can be contracted and can be very harmful even fatal, so I would get them and then get in the sun and forget bout them.

Regarding guatemala, my mate is over there and said at the hostel he worked at he hasnt spent a penny and had all food drink and accomm for free. It made sense to go there as he knows me and I know it will be cheap or better completely free to build my redox... If I stay longer and become manager they may even pay me some money that will just go into savings... Some places only give u a discount on food, so check the description on the host advert!

I am sure the Yucatan would be more optimal for me... But I plan to learn Spanish at my hostel where I get a few free spanish lessons each week, and learn how to manage a hostel. Once I got those two skills and experience I can run other hostels anywhere in Central Am and hopefully in the Yucatan one day. Maybe even buy my own... Who knows.

India was not the Yucatan, but it was 15th Latitude and had strong sun. Livingston Guatemala is also 15th latitude. India is probably more Wi-Fi and electrified and population dense than anywhere else. 1.5 billion in one country. That is 1/5 of the worlds population in on place. 1.5 million in Goa. And I still got optimal...

Izabel region guatemala has 500,000 population, and in my river town only accesible by boat, it is 10,000 population. So I think it will be ok for me and I don't need the magnetism of the Yucatan right now...

I will let you know when I get there... But, if you get to this kind of latitude you will do and feel a lot lot better no matter what.

19. Infinite

Infinite New Member

It may not be the Yucatan, but it sounds like a great setup on your end!

I'm trying to learn Spanish using the free Memrise mobile app ahead of time. Give it a download if you haven't heard of it. Though you probably don't need it in your case.

I still have a bit of legwork to do to be able to leave but I find that merely getting ready for it has lifted my mood and outlook.

I look forward to hearing from you in the future!

Sean Waters likes this.
  20. @Infinite i use duolingo... It is good so far but I will try Memrise too!

Good luck man, I still haven't left yet, the waiting around is killing me but its a good time to see friends, family and sort your shit out before you go haha!

Infinite likes this.