1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Will this workout help buil muscle?

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by petricabilo, Jul 15, 2012.

1. petricabilo

petricabilo New Member

Sports i do are tennis once a week and golf once a week. I don't have gym membership so have been working out at home a bit. I'm a skinny 15 year old guy and have been doing this will it help? What I do (every night):

3 reps of push ups going: 50, 30, 20

2 reps of crunches: 20 each

Then 2kg weights (all I could find at home): two reps of lifing them 200 times just normally

Then 2 reps of 50 times lifing them up by my side

Then To finish 50 situs to relax

Will this workout do anything for me?

2. LightForTheNight

LightForTheNight New Member

Those seem like they are really high reps. If you want to gain mass I would recommend less reps and 4-6 sets where you max out. Also, follow Jack's recommendations on eating paleo friendly, fish, eggs, red meat and possibly dairies (if you can get a heavy cream or half and half without anything else added). I used to be skinny also, and these things helped me.

3. Stephen

Stephen New Member

For a skinny 15 year old what you've listed might do something for about a month. As in you'll get better at pushups and crunches. However long term no, it won't do anything for you. Squats, deadlifts, and clean and press 2 or 3 times per week, adding weight to the bar regularly on the other hand will. Read Dan John, Pavel (Beyond Bodybuilding for example), Brooks Kubik, and so forth if you want to build muscle and strength intelligently with minimal equipment.

Stephen