1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

will sweat like crazy when its hot

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Cowboy, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Cowboy

Cowboy New Member

Been doing the CT since Dr. K blogged it a few weeks back. Face dunkings graduated to one or two gel packs once a day to five gel packs three times a day, and luke warm showers graduating to up to three minutes of 50 degree water. Next is a large stock tank for the back yard for the full immersions.

I assume that my internal flame willing I will achieve cold adaptation.

My BIG QUESTION/WORRY is that one this occurs and the summer temps hit 95 degrees I will be sweating like a pig.

I've lost 60 pounds with vlc/paloe eating over the last year and a half. Started the LR in November and to be honest haven't had great results. Loosing 60 pounds is like taking off a warm jacket. Heat doesn't bother me nearly as much, but I am concerned about cold adaptation and then always feeling warm and always seating.

Is anyone far enough along to know what happens with cold adaptation and hot weather.

2. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

There have been a few who have asked about this and the response is that once your body is cold adapted it will also function better in warmer temps and you will not have to worry about overheating.

the biggest problem with looking for guidance regarding summer temps is that few people outside of Dr K and his patients have gone through the process over a full year. the rest of us are just catching up :D

3. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

In summer, you should be better at regulating your body-temp thanks to CT. So you should be feeling comfortable rather than insanely hot.

4. Susan M.

Susan M. New Member

I think I have most of the signals for LS with the exception of not sweating. How does your sweating change when you become LS? All my life I have never sweat much. Of course, I never was a big water drinker either, now I drink at least two quarts a day of iced water along with my morning coffee and afternoon mint tea and water to take my supplements with.

5. Vicster

Vicster New Member

I do hope this is true! I'm in South Texas and I usually sweat profusely in the heat and humidity of our summers.