1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Wild game

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by drezy, Aug 29, 2018.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm getting ready to take my son on a hunting trip.

Given that the whole North American Continent can be our range, what game would you suggest for people living in central Texas?

Again, to be clear, we can travel anywhere in the North American continent for any game.

For reference I've looked at local hogs (pork fat = low D but the region itself is higher D) as well as Canadian Elk (naturally low D intake though less fat).

As it stands on this whole forum @Inger is my most respected hunter. She hunts oysters and is a great and wild example.

2. johnsonmd

johnsonmd Gold

My preference would be to find the largest elk possible! I heard that moose is good too! They are even bigger! Since you only get one animal, I think size is important. I usually think Alaska, but Canada sounds good too! I grew up freezing our meat but have recently been canning it. It is very tender and tasty canned!

Jim Laird and drezy like this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

My take on this from a deuterium angle.

deuterium angle for me means a task of getting body's blood fluids deuterium content under:
    130ppm, per @Jack Kruse
    or
    (90-120)ppm per Boros

From @Jack Kruse we know that when we are in a good shape food does not matter, (shit on a shingle is sufficient).
    Ie, few points of D ppm advantage between hog's or elk's fat does not matter.

The latest three legged stool is:

SUN
    DDW
    electromagnetism

So, I would get in shape observing the three (one of the tasks is to drink sufficient amounts of DDW)
    and
    hunting in places with least nnEMF, or, since it likely will be a short trip, in places your son prefers.
    Most likely I would not bother to bring home any kill,
    using money sawed on transport I would buy more Qlarivia.

….

4. drezy

drezy Gold

So if I invite you, does that mean you'll come on down under the Southern sun to hunt with us @JanSz ?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Sounds interesting.
    Is that to hunt wild hogs or to become their bait?
    Reminds me of my shark fishing days, same dilemma.
    I am in the Myrtle Beach now. It is tougher to travel now.
    Other than my normal stuff I had to carry a box of Qlarivia with me.

drezy and KrusinWitchie like this.
  6. drezy

drezy Gold

Once I arm you you will be bait to nothing.

JanSz likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

My hands may be shaking without Qlarivia, may result poor aiming.

8. drezy

drezy Gold

Hmmmm, then we'd have you take point.