1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Why will seaweed be more important in a 5G blue light world? Deuterium fractions will rise.

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Jack Kruse, Jan 22, 2018.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Mayuri and Da-mo like this.
  2. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Yes JanSZ, it counters hypkalemia. Sodium shortage will make hyperkalemia worse. This is because excess Ka is excreted in urine but if Na is low the animal will retain water to limit sodium loss.

Further than that - in cattle and horses at least, a lack of sodium chloride leads to a situation where the body substitutes with magnesium and robs it from bone and muscle to maintain levels in the blood. For this reason blood tests wont show Mg deficiency until things are really bad. In horses, it can take 2 years of Mg supplemantation to restore what was lost from the muscle.

JanSz likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Hi @Da-mo

For long time I switched to Redmond Salt, but use it in "normal" amounts, read it as not enough.
    I am getting muscle cramps at night.
    On a metabolic profile (2013)
    potassium=3.5 (3.4-5.4)
    sodium =137 (134-146)
    chloride = 102 (96 -108)
    CO2 =24 (21 - 33)
    magnesium on Spectracell looks good

For a while I was taking all three types of magnesium that @Jack Kruse recommends in mitochondrial webinar.
    That was not it. Cramps persisted.

When I switched to (Mg + Ka) aspartate (daily) my cramps went away (on the night that I took the pills).

Now, since Jack posted video on salt I place 2 teaspoons on a dish for consumption over the day and stopped (Mg+Ka) aspartate pills.
    it is third day and so far no cramps.

That salt seems to help with cramps but have set me back with nightly trips to the bathroom.
    After prostate surgery 8 years ago my bladder is very small and easily gets excited even with smaller content of urine and make me rush to the bathroom.

As of today I am 48 days on DDW.
    Had a breakthrough on day 22, went to bathroom about 2 hrs after getting up.
    That was a one time event only, but I measure what I pee.
    Before DDW my usual max was about 250cc.
    After that breakthrough I am holding more and more.
    Last night was another record 325cc at 1AM followed by 350cc at 4AM, off the bed at 6AM.

This two items from Jack are really changing my life. DDW and salt.
    Thank you Jack.
    I am hoping that my balance of electrolytes will settle at some point and I will be able to sleep my 8 hrs without interruptions.

seanb4 and Da-mo like this.
  4. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

I had the same experience with cramps. Salt didnt fix it. Magnesium didn't fix it. Potassium didnt fix it. A balance of all 3 did fix it.

5. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

C.A.S.H.?!?! :rofl::rofl:

Interesting is that the same pressures were put onto manufacturers of mineral supplements for cattle and horses to reduce salt.:thumbsdown:

6. Benjamin Stone

Benjamin Stone New Member

Hi all, having a hard time reconciling these suggestions with my own experience of eliminating salt entirely 7 months ago. I eat zero carb. I resolved muscle cramps that had persisted for years after stopping all supplements (magnesium etc) and cutting out salt. My natural thirst has also come down considerably.

While the leg cramps resolved I do have other issues I am working on. I am open to adding salt back in as an experiment to see if it changes anything now that I am practicing other foundational strategies recommmeded by Dr. Kruse. Just don’t want to mess with what I perceive as a balanced electrolyte system via the absence of cramps.

Is it possible to obtain enough salt from swimming in the ocean daily to negate the need for added dietary salt?

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Worth repeating.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The blogs and webinars on SIADH laid the case out on Patreon. Review them.

9. Christoferfer

Christoferfer New Member

Seaweed became so crucial in the health world as well. Some types of seaweed, such as bladderwrack, have an incredible amount of benefits to our bodies. Some of them are helping improve the look of cellulite, increase skin healing, delay premature skin aging, aid in weight loss, and improve arthritis and joint pain. You can read more about it here https://druggenius.com/nutrition/bladderwrack-uses-benefits-and-side-effects/ if you're interested. It can be added into tea, taken in capsules, mixed in smoothies, or even applied directly to the body.