1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Why the High fat/Protein Meal before CT sessions

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Robbie Bourke, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Robbie Bourke

Robbie Bourke New Member

Hi guys I know this probably has been covered somewhere before, but could someone tell why Jack recommends the meal before CT?

2. Fuel for the furnace. The whole idea of CT is to get the brain to tell the rest of the body to generate heat to maintain body temperature--with all the subsequent health benefits therefrom. You need fuel in the furnace to generate the heat. Eating a high fat meal before CT helps this along.

3. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

From reading the literature, high fat meals get UCP1 going. I'm not sure what the significance of high eating protein is in relation to BAT.

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I think it might be an electron-counting thing. Your body doesn't have enough time to digest the meal and use the fats for fuel in time for the CT session, but it will know that the nutrients are on the way. So it doesn't have to worry about burning a few thousand calories as heat.

5. I like this. Thinking about it, probably several benefits derive from eating the right stuff before getting COLD. Depending on the length of time in CT, the benefits are probably spread out over time. My experience with longer CT sessions is a slight case of heartburn, so something is going on in the gut during the CT. I suspect the gut flora are at war over energy expenditure and distribution, and the brain is desperately signaling the forces to maintain core temperature. Hopefully Jack might chime in and provide a more scientific basis for the pre-CT high-quality meal.

6. cuivie@me.com

cuivie@me.com New Member

When I'm keto-adapted (carnivore diet, daily 19-24 hour fasts), I don't notice a difference whether I eat before CT or not. If I try to eat upon rising, my satiety system and ability to go long periods without eating gets royally screwed up and I have to eat something before CT if I want to not shiver badly after only 5 min.

Needless to say, I'm back to daily IFing and do CT whenever it is convenient for my schedule.

7. x_danny_x

x_danny_x New Member

I usually only wait 15 to 20 minutes for the food to go down before jumping in the shower. Man I take showers and not baths. they are brutal but I just have no patience. I want to start right away.

8. Robbie Bourke

Robbie Bourke New Member

Thanks guys

9. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

I've actually experience this myself a few times. For me it was almost like the muscles in my stomach/esophagus were contracting. Anyone else have this happen?

10. When ct rx first hit the krusesphere, he said it was to jumpstart your body to working and heating and burning, as in heat her up a tad - like warming a car.