1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

why no threads?

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by janagram, Feb 27, 2013.

1. janagram

janagram New Member

can we talk? about the mitochondrial rx? what's working? I'm taking coq10, d-ribose, l-carnitine, and....I know there's another one....is it B100s? anyway, that's what I take for the mitochondrial rx....and you?

2. diane

diane Gold

CoQ10 is the other one.

I have noticed that my breathing is better, especially when I push the CoQ10 and L-carnitine. I haven't switched to the acetyl L-carnitine yet (until the other runs out) so will see. I have run out of D-rhibose - and have been staying up later the last 2 nights. Coincidence or something else going on? Not sure. But will see.

I notice a change in energy and my breathing (I sometimes feel that my throat is closing and I can get out of breath going up stairs - which I don't think is being out of shape because when I take certain supplements and food it can go away).

3. janagram

janagram New Member

er, I listed coq10....but thanks! lol. some people say d-ribose energizes them too much to sleep....but? Let's just say I've heard so many things about d-ribose...so far, I like it. Not sure if it has an effect or not, but I went off coffee a week ago, and no big deal so far!

4. diane

diane Gold

See what happens when I read too fast! Sorry janagram! I think the fourth is magnesium. You can also use taurine, which helps keep potassium and magnesium in the cells - but you can also get it in seafood and meat.

5. endless

endless New Member

R-Alpha Lipoic Acid? I haven't taken that one yet....I'm using acetyl l carnitiine, ubiquinol, d-ribose, and the three magnesiums. Can't say I've noticed anything specific so far.

6. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

What is the difference between Alpha Lipoic Acid and R-Alpha Lipoic Acid? My doc has me alpha lipoic acid.

7. endless

endless New Member

According to my supplement catalog: 'R+ Alpha Lipoic contains only the naturally occuring right-turning enantiomer of alpha lipoic acid. Supplements that contain both the left and right turning enantiomers can compete with one another and reduce efficacy.'

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

R is the only active one in biochemistry.

9. GlenPDQ

GlenPDQ New Member

What about Carnosine? Or is it part of a different Rx? I remember Dr. Kruse has mentioned it before.

And does anyone know the best time of day to take the ribose?
    I complained about the smell and taste before, but I sure have grown to like it. I mix it with something called Red Lightning.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

not part of it .......but if your epi paleo.......youre getting enough......it lengthens telomere lengths by decreasing Calcium loss from EMF.......in brain stem.

11. freesia

freesia Old Member

I'm also taking taurine (500g 2 x per day) - helps get mg into the cells.