1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Why newbies are important to the battle ahead...........

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Jack Kruse, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Sarah, you can bring someone to life by inspiring them in some way. To inspire someone is to be open with someone. Encourage them to open their minds and see where their talent meets their potential. We need to uplift them and help them find a purpose to serve and not a lifestyle to live. Some people need some heart-to-heart resuscitation and you may be just the person to give it today.

We can inspire others but we cannot motivate them. Motivation is an N=1 game. If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for someone else's permission or opinion. You don't need to raise your voice to move people, instead strengthen your argument. Each person must breathe in the inspiration and convert it into motivation. If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got. All progress takes place outside your comfort zone. Motivation comes from knowing your purpose - your why. It's unique for everyone. The meaning of life is to find your passion by using your talent. The purpose of life is to give it away. When you know your why you will press on regardless to see it fulfilled. To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. Sadly, many people live in a rut unmotivated and disconnected from their passion and purpose. We need to help them reconnect to their passion with inspiration. More need to live in their groove on purpose so they dance in the passion all the time. We dare to become powerful when we use our strength to service our vision and passions.

2. Sarah Hodgson

Sarah Hodgson New Member

Thank you Jack. I read a meme earlier which said pretty much the same thing! I am told that I inspire people quite a lot and I have learnt the hard way that I cannot motivate them... so I understand fully what it is you are saying. I see both lack of motivation all the way to fear of change, people look at me like I am mental if I mention smart meters for example. I explain, then give them valid references look at and hope that they will look & make changes but most believe that these things wouldn't be around us if they were bad for our health, I remind them of lead, asbestos, tobacco etc. I am becoming more accepting of peoples ignorance or laziness every day, though I struggle when I watch my family do all the wrong things and decline in health, though on a positive note I have found subtle ways that I am helping them to make small changes, which I guess is better than none at all. I cook dinner for my Mum & her partner whenever I am working in the area which is quite regularly and they are seeing that they can make healthy choices that they enjoy, so gone are the aspartame soda, crappy oils, marg & tap water, replaced with bottled mineral water, coconut & olive oil, pasture fed butter and a aspartame free soda for their evening G&T's haha. They do agree with what I say, which makes it more frustrating at times, I guess I need to concentrate more on my own journey and less on trying to fix everyone else.

Colleen Moore and nonchalant like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Sarah you are never good for anyone else unless you are good for you first. Never forget it is an N=1 game.

wildperoxin and Brent Patrick like this.
  4. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

A mentor once told me "Commitment and Risk are two sides of the same coin". The more you commit, the lower the risk.

He described intent like a tube of toothpaste - if you squeeze the tube and the toothpaste doesn't come out the top, look down at your feet coz there's probably a crack in your intent.

The strength of intent lessens the likelihood of unintended consequences.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  5. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Another mentor described what he called creeping elegance, which reminded me of something written . . . .

6. billy

billy New Member

“Similarly to what the US automobile industry did in the 1950s and 1960s, and what the tobacco industry did for many decades, they can be expected to rely on massive advertising to maintain their marketing positions and obfuscate health considerations.”

Advertising; the reason why chickens vote for Colonel Sanders.

“…to believe a thing impossible is the "gravity" for my psyche to make it happen.”

Quite a pearl there. Seriously quotable.

“…help them find a purpose to serve, and not a lifestyle to live.”

Yet another.

“The meaning of life is to find your talent. The purpose of life is to give it away.”

nonchalant and Lahelada like this.
  7. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

A teacher of mine once said, "Your results are your true intention...."

You may think you want something, but your results will often unearth something that you wanted even more (usually unnoticed). Like comfort or fitting in or being liked or not rocking the boat or staying safe or or or.....

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Da- mo when you said, commitment and risk are two sides of the same coin. The more you commit, the lower the risk............all I could think about is how quantized that statement is considering where we are headed soon............

9. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

One of the world's best financial traders, Ed Seykota, once said famously, "Win or lose, everybody gets what they want out of the market. Some people seem to like to lose, so they win by losing money."

Matt Dippl and kovita like this.
  10. kanwal

kanwal New Member

It's a fact—everyone is ignorant in some way or another.
    Ignorance is our deepest secret. And it is one of the scariest things out there, because those of us who are most ignorant are also the ones who often don't know it or don't want to admit it.

Here is a quick test:

If you have never changed your mind about some fundamental tenet of your belief, if you have never questioned the basics, and if you have no wish to do so, then you are likely ignorant.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I love my ignorance. It guides me to nature's truths and away from my beliefs.

[​IMG]

12. cygnario

cygnario Gold

^^^ This should be in everyones mantra list. Nothing is impossible.

Also this quote below applies to a shitload of things in life:
    The industrial revolution sparked the demise of the human genome.
    Eventually machines and AI will take over and life as we know it will cease to exist.

13. jackware

jackware Kama'aina

I doubt it. Not in my lifetime at least. Still waiting on hoverboards...

14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Sometimes you give me the right answer to my questions ,the answer that resonates where I least expect it. That is a double like from me and a heartfelt thanks. Does remind me of an Easter egg hunt though :rofl: ;)

caroline likes this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Comments I just made in Time 12 to Randall are critical for all people with low dopamine: FYI

Marbear likes this.
  16. LouiseAngela

LouiseAngela Louise

Hello. I'm a newbie. I have a trash diagnosis of a "functional neurological disorder". It's means that they can't find any pathology but they acknowledge the nervous system is not working properly. Basically I can only walk a very short distance... Unless I'm on soft ground like a beach. So I've been flailing around for 6 years trying to figure out how to medically/nutritionally etc approach my problem. Can I just ignore the diagnosis and get with the sunlight, water, DHA?

17. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Let me ask you this, what other choice do you have? You do not actually even have a diagnosis--the medical system has punted.

Joe Gavin and fitness@home like this.
  18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^the neurologist has given you something to think about deeply. Nice NeilBB

19. LouiseAngela

LouiseAngela Louise

Well I suppose it's better than getting a prescription? It's just I wish I knew what happend to my body. If I had diabetes I'd know, for example, that I had to focus on what I was eating. Admin are you joking? I'm a newbie remember!

20. LouiseAngela

LouiseAngela Louise

I mean I'm not sure they are even saying its neurological...