1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Why METHYLENE BLUE FOR MITOCHONDRIA?

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I did this again yesterday afternoon, but this time as the water was coolish, refreshing but not really cold enough I stuck on a migraine cap from the freezer, and put a sunhat on top before heading outside. If the water had been colder it might have been a Fournier sandwich :D. I crouched right down in the water curled with my hands on my ankles, back to the UV8 sun. Mentally the lift came when I took off the cap as it got warmer. The "change" stimulus from pressure on the scalp, temperature and light was stronger. Next time I'm going to take the cap off much sooner, get a very cold-UV/IR stimulus on the head instead of a now warming up - UV/IR stimulus. Really wake those mitochondria up. :D

Alex97232, seanb4 and Brent Patrick like this.
  2. omegajosh

omegajosh www.mitolab.com

I help run a small company that sells Methylene Blue products "for research purposes". We just released a cream that people may or may not choose to put on their skin :) www.mitoblue.com

WalterNL likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

More on MB and red light. Methylene blue and red light have massive effects on the geometry of the respiratory proteins in our mitochondria. There is a deep bio-physical lesson here for those who don't follow the science. Where there is matter, there is geometry. Where geometry ceases to exists, we find light......where there is both you better know about Fermat's law and the photoelectric effect. Maybe now you can see why I have gone to extraordinary measures to teach the public some quantum mechanics? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4428125/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. JMO

JMO Gold

Brent Patrick, seanb4 and Lahelada like this.
  6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I saw that paper too and wondered. In case it does I take my MB in glaciar water now.

Sean Waters, Penny and Brent Patrick like this.
  7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

"Oxygen, on the other hand, binds with hydrogen to make water (H2O). However, oxygen happens to prefer binding to deuterium (heavy hydrogen) over regular sized hydrogen, and it also holds onto to it very tightly once it binds. This allows oxygen to help deplete the deuterium in your tissue by turning it into water and dumping it to your biological fluids like urine and saliva. " This quote is from a letter from Cigna

MB increases the oxygen carrying capacity of hemoglobin.

This from a Russian paper that @JanSz posted
    "It is well known,for example that under the influence of heavy water ???? is inhibited by insulin triggered by glucose output from the pancreatic islets of langerhans tissue and decreases the rate of absorption oxygen mitochondria cells "

How about if I rewrite it like this :
    It is well known for example that under the influence of heavy water mitochondria cells are inhibited by glucose output triggered by insulin from the pancreatic islets of langerhans and it decreases the rate of oxygen absorption.

From the paper that @JMO posted :
    "Erlenmeyer, Schoenauer, and Stillmann (4) prepared deuterosuccinic acid and incubated it with succinic dehydrogenase in the presence of methylene blue. They found that the fumaric acid that was formed as well as the unchanged succinic acid contained a higher hydrogen to deuterium ratio than the initial succinic acid, and suggested that hydrogen exchange occurred from the leucomethylene blue."

Glacier water + MB = DDepletINGW ?

Check my thinking please ...:D

Sean Waters, Jude, seanb4 and 2 others like this.
  8. Navnekalle

Navnekalle New Member

Ive had sone luck with Methylene Blue in the past but stopped using it after i experiences a minishock to my brain when combining it with the amino acid proline (inhibition of cytochrome c????). I just started experimenting a little again and have seen improvements in brainfunction. However sometimes experience mild anxiety from it. I have a few traumatic experiences in my padt due to living in mold and dont want them triggered. So how do i fibd the best way to use it? Do i need to test hetroplasmy. How to learn what does is appropriate. Thanks every for contributing

John Schumacher likes this.
  9. Pablo

Pablo New Member

How much are you using?? I began taking it a couple months ago and noticed some good effects but I´m still not sure. I know there is not a "recommended dose" but 10-15 mg/day felt a safe low dose for me, from Francisco Lima researcher. Is anyone here taking higher doses?? I´d love others to tell their doses!!!. I don´t wanna overdose but I feel I could go higher safely...

10. Pablo

Pablo New Member

I noticed a bit more of dreaming, even though I don´t necesarily take it always before bed.

11. @Pablo Have you checked out - https://selfhacked.com/blog/methylene-blue-the-cheapest-cognitive-enhancer/

Most side effects of MB appear to be dependent and have not occurred with doses of less than 2 mg/ kg, a dose range that is widely used in clinical trials https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2016/3245935/

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

From the same reference that you posted:
    https://selfhacked.com/blog/methylene-blue-the-cheapest-cognitive-enhancer/
    MB also interferes with the pulse oximeter’s light emission resulting in falsely depressed oxygen saturation reading [12].
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3087269/
    Is there link for purchasing MB?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  13. @JanSz There were no links nor advertisers for methylene blue on that site.
    However, there seems to be a couple suppliers which seem legitimate
    This seems to be a decent write up - https://nootropicsexpert.com/methylene-blue/

Liposomal my favorite Methylene-Blue-Encapsulated Liposomes as Photodynamic Therapy Nano Agents for Breast Cancer Cells

upload_2020-10-8_16-24-58.png

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  14. Pablo

Pablo New Member

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

/////////////////////

Thank you.
    Do you happen to have link to the sale of liposomal MB?

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thanks.
    I am buying MB there.
    That link was given initially by @DrEttinger.
    But I was not aware of 20% discount.

17. Prescription only

JanSz likes this.
  18. Navnekalle

Navnekalle New Member

I dont
    i don t
    Remember the dosing but i usually took 1 drop of Health Naturas MB wgich us 400mcg. I did combine it with which is a rhodiola which is a Maoi aswell. Could be a mild serotonin elevation....im doing fine with it now however....(with lots of sun light :))

19. Navnekalle

Navnekalle New Member

Sorry for the disorganized text, not sure what happened. my hands are cold (in Norway)