1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Why METHYLENE BLUE FOR MITOCHONDRIA?

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon Avoiding Equilibrium

The BlueBrainBoost MB FAQ says their MB is pharmaceutical grade: https://www.bluebrainboost.com/methylene-blue-faq/

That led me to suspect that the BBB MB is going to be either as good or better than the Aquarium MB, and there's probably more arsenic in the Aquarium MB. The dose of MB that I'm taking is so low that it may not matter, but it's worth $12 to me to make the switch. :)

Danny and lohd2015 like this.
  2. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. Allin

Allin New Member

I just ordered a bottle of BlueBrain Boost. Hopefully it will help with the flow on the ECT.

endless likes this.
  4. Danny

Danny New Member

I'm curious to know if anyone has experience coming off of MB and would care to share the level of difficulty w/ the transition. Thanks

5. Danny

Danny New Member

I know it will be different for everyone

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I came off it three weeks ago to do some blood tests. I miss it. IN combination with nic gum it gave me the focus power of a 20 year old. Coming off I experienced an energy hole hat went after a week My brain is not as focused as with it but not bad. I experienced more hunger for the last three weeks with carb cravings.
    The latter may have been incidental as I also started a cold air CT regime.

Brent Patrick and Danny like this.
  7. Danny

Danny New Member

Thanks Lahelada! So, it makes sense that you aren't going to feel as well or in your example be as focused as when you are taking MB. However, you say it's 'not bad'. Maybe you are noticing lasting benefits of renewed mitochondria? Soon once I finish my current pushing the carb biohack I am going to give nicotine a go again and then possibly try MB. I have a lot more I want to research. I'm behind the 8 ball on this one :) . Thanks again Lahelada.

8. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I'm using MB in the outside bath. Put a small amount in when I refill it, no blue staining on my skin or tan thru (visitors at the mo). I then add a tiny bit of fresh each day. The weather has been pretty bad, but I am slowly tanning. I often sit in the bath under cloudy skies or in the rain, and when it stops or there's a break in the clouds I go and stand in the sunshine and drip dry off. If it clouds back over I get back in, and wait for the next sun break, and repeat with whatever time I have. My skin condition is improving, less glycation generally, and circulation to the skin is better, but the most obvious improvement is the shrinking of skin tags under my arms. More improvement in a month than I've seen in a year. I'm also on nicotine, so I'm not sure if it's just the MB or the combo, and just how much the cold water helps the MB. The air and tub temps are low for the time of year. If the summer ever really arrives :rolleyes: I will get more careful with it in a high uv index until I'm sure it won't cause me to burn. I think hydration is critical, from what I'm reading up on plant photosynthesis (I'm trying to map the human equivalent):confused:, if a tree is short of water, or anticipates a shortage, it closes its stomata in strong uv sunlight and stops photosynthesis. So I think my cool very wet garden isn't being triggered to stop photosynthesis under a hot summer sun, and is photosynthesising at a different pace and thriving. Is drinking lots of water, and being cold and wet, strongly signalling human photosynthesis when I get out of the cold water and into the sun, and MB helping the process? :confused:

9. CTforlife

CTforlife New Member

I feel as if many in this thread thinks this is a cure all. MB helps you to get back into the light, not to avoid it......

10. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

Agree on the Hydration! Recently upped (good) water consumption to 4-5 liters per day and felt a definite change. Also helped dramatically reduce coffee consumption cravings ( I never drank a lot, ususally a cup or two, but even that has dwindled substantially). I'm using a very small (in micrograsms) dose of MB along with a low dose aspirin in the morning. I can't report demonstrable changes in clarity, focus and the like, but frankly I was pretty good before starting the MB. Cool results by the way! May try dosing directly on my forearm, which has been bothering me from playing softball.

Brent Patrick and Danny like this.
  11. Danny

Danny New Member

I'm not sure that many ppl here think of MB as a cure all, but I won't speak for anyone. I am also coming to understand that MB should be used in the manner you suggested "helps you to get back into the light" both literally and figuratively. Maximizing your time in natural light is non-negotiable for recovering and or maintaining health.
    I don't see many here who think of MB as a cure all, but I do agree w/ your other sentiment

12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I adore the golden sunlight. MB is a means to an end to repair damage from years of wrong light,wrong conditions as it accelerates the ECT. Nothing more .

13. JMO

JMO Gold

I seem to have mixed results with MB. I notice immediately that it affects my stool in a good way. But I've been noticing some symptoms of my endometriosis that I haven't had in a long time. Happened when I tried MB for several days a couple of different times. So seem to affect my estrogen. Currently not taking any BHRT so don't have any labs to back up my symptoms. So wondering if I dumping excess estrogen or does MB affect estrogen?

Danny likes this.
  14. endless

endless New Member

Huh, that's interesting.....I've been regular at a 25 day cycle for about 6 months, and the first one since starting MB I am up to 32 days so far with no end in sight. No real symptoms either...thinking anovulatory cycle. I didn't put the two together until you mentioned it but it might be related.

Danny likes this.
  15. endless

endless New Member

How much are you putting in your bath? I hadn't considered using it topically....

16. Danny

Danny New Member

http://pubs.rsna.org/doi/full/10.1148/radiol.2016152893
    Multimodal Randomized Functional MR Imaging of the Effects of Methylene Blue in the Human Brain
    My chiropractor, who I haven't seen for over a year, just sent this study to me. He has been reading Jack's work for a while apparently. I wouldn't shut up about light, water, and magnetism when I went to him a few times last year. I guess it piqued his interest.

Alex97232 and Lahelada like this.
  17. PaulG

PaulG New Member

Nice..

Danny likes this.
  18. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I put the end of a teaspoon into the powder, and then tap it until there's a bit left. Then mix it with a little water and put in a half ounce dropper bottle, then top up the bottle with extra water. When I fill the bath I put 2 dropper fulls in, and then add about 6 drops before each use. I'm not sure how much I'm actually absorbing, but it can't be more than trace amounts, intuitively I think it may be more about signalling, cold, wet surfaces, well hydrated .....and maybe something to do with sweat. I have a book that shows skin photographed under an electron microscope "blue droplets emerge from sweat pores on the skin of the back of the hand". (Is that a start photosynthising signal?)

Yesterday was a beautiful morning, and I added some Epsom salts too. Hopped in one bath, and lay stretched out in it in the sun, when I had warmed that one up I hopped into the metal shorted seated one which was colder, dipped in for a couple of minutes and then stood up to get the sun, repeated several times, I was out for about one and a half hours. I had to go to the city for DD's graduation. I had a disaster with my dress, so had the panic of buying another on the way to the ceremony, in a hall with a thousand people so loads of NNemf, no grounding and only snatches of sunlight throughout the day, I had a glass of bubbly and some not very optimal canap├ęs, meals out not completely optimal either. I coped amazingly, I was stunned at my energy levels all day. It was like my morning bath turbocharged my battery :cool:

Alex97232 and Danny like this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

20. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

Well, BlueBrainBoost increased their prices since last year, last I checked were out of stock. Wait till this hits the fan:

Want beautiful young looking skin? Look no further than Methylene Blue!

Methylene blue, a traditional mitochondrial-targeting antioxidant, being an electron donor and acceptor, showed a potent ROS scavenging efficacy in cultured human skin fibroblasts derived from healthy donors and from patients with progeria, a genetic premature aging disease. In comparison with other widely used general and mitochondrial-targeting antioxidants, Methylene Blue was found to be more effective in stimulating skin fibroblast proliferation and delaying cellular senescence.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-05-common-antioxidant-symptoms-aging-human.html