1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Why is my face hot?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by agatha, Apr 5, 2012.

1. agatha

agatha New Member

The last few days my face feels very hot - a little like mild sunburn (but I haven't been in the sun). It's not unpleasant but I'm wondering what's going on. Anybody got any thoughts?

2. Is it red? I just noticed today the area under my mouth to my chin is red. I think it may be warm - but I'm not sure if my hands are cold as I'm in day 2 of not taking thyroid meds.

Hope it's my pilot light turning on as I haven't notices that yet.

:eek:

3. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

My face has been showing a LOT of color when I get out of the shower (tepid/cool) and when I use the ice/compression T. shrug. I think it means my metabolism is waking up.

4. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I find this to be happening often too, mostly after meals for me, but not all the time. Someone mentioned previously that it was probably a sign my pilot light was turning on. I don't know if that's the case or not though as I still definitely feel very cold at times and don't particularly enjoy my CTing.

I also find when my face gets hot like this that I am very intolerant to heat. Anyone else notice that?

5. tweety

tweety New Member

I have that randomly these days. Its like the flush I would get from drinking wine. My cheeks turn bright red and I am super hot. But it doesn't happen at the same time or after the ssame events. I want to believe its my pilot light, but like BJK77 said, I am still cold much of the time!

6. agatha

agatha New Member

Oh, let's hope it's the pilot light starting. It feels quite nice and my conplexion is pleasantly pink rather than red so i hope it is a good sign.

7. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

If it happens after eating its a sign your letting reset is happening..isn't feeling warm after meals one of the LS signs?

8. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

That's what I was hoping, and I know healing is not linear, but it seems odd to me that it happens very randomly. More often than not it happens for me after breakfast, but only occasionally after lunch or dinner. I also find that when it happens after breakfast I'm so warm that heat really bothers me. My office is kept very warm and if I naturally heat up after breakfast, I get super nauseous and tired when I'm in the office now . . . not good!!

9. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

I have the same thing - but I am blaming the bitter melon. It seems to occur most often on days when I take it.

10. vlynnb

vlynnb Gold

I'm not taking bitter melon but am getting the flushing. I didn't notice when until I read this thread. Yesterday I noticed it after eating. Hope that it is a sign of resetting. Anyone know a reference for that?

11. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I haven't taken any bitter melon either, so that's not the culprit for me.

12. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

Well, I didn't take it today either - and I feel like I got wind burn on my red face.....So I don't blame it anymore I guess!

13. MonteD

MonteD New Member

I've noticed both stomach and face flushing in response to eating. I think its great. Because weight is dropping too. Happens most when I eat and then "anticipate" the cold. It's as reliable as zippo.... Besides, heat is how we dispose of excess calories when leptin sensitive.

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2011/07/weight-gain-and-weight-loss-in.html

The above article discusses how researchers overfed The Massas, a traditional African culture (read: leptin sensitive) upwards of 8,000 calories per day in an overfeeding experiment. Accounting for fecal losses they actually took in about 7,000 calories a day. This is with a traditional baseline expenditure of 2500 calories a day.

Doing calculations for the amount of weight gained and lost... there internal pilot lights turned into raging furnaces that burned roughly 3000 additional calories per day as heat...