1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Why do I still feel cold?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by John Smith, Mar 17, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy New Member

Sheddie likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

That apparatus is nice.
    But cupped hand and stream of cold water from bathroom faucet works just as good.

Sheddie likes this.
  3. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

Realize, I'm a newbie to nose 'douching!' Once, I did have to use the hotel faucet water (in the sense of 'camping out'). No ill effects but I was scared. Not so brave, or agile, as you but I'm improving!! The less dependence on assists and devices, the better -- as with wireless...

drezy likes this.
  4. I’m glad you found a method.

I’ve tried that method and every other method I could ever find on the internet (except surgery). I’ve averaged 3 sinus infections a year for my entire 42 years. I haven’t had one in 8 months and the main thing I have changed is Sun exposure.

I feel great, but it makes me a little sad if I think how much of my life I spent in pain with low energy due to infections.

drezy likes this.
  5. drezy

drezy New Member

I hear that I can chock up 15 years pulled down by sinus issues.

My son only had to go through about 8 years and not as severe as me since we started stumbling on a few factors before discovering this community. My father still faithfully reports what the projected mold and pollen count is regularly. He is stunned that years of pollen have gone by with less than 3 stuffy nose days a year.

Scott Hardin likes this.
  6. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

This reminds me of perhaps an uninformed question, but I’m asking anyway. Why were isolated populations near the equator (like Mayan, etc.) so devastated by the diseases brought by invaders? Why wasn’t their redox strong enough? Lack of DHA?

drezy likes this.
  7. Inna

Inna Platinum

Or perhaps lack of nakedness...

drezy likes this.
  8. Inger

Inger Silver

Well, what I have read is, the invaders brought alcohol with them and probably foods that were not natural, and traded these for other things with the native indians.
    That would be one reason how their redox lowered.

The other reason I guess is, invaders brought viruses and bacteria that the native indians had had no chance to adapt to, as it was from another continent... so they just did not have immunity to it. That is often an issue when foreigners enter tribes that live far away, without any contact to the modern world.

Otherwise, their redox was indeed really strong. Their wounds healed super fast, they were really strong and healthy.

drezy likes this.
  9. While Redox is a HUGE part of the story, let’s not ever be so dogmatic as to think it’s the entire story. Infectious disease still is a major evolutionary driver.

10. I suspect that mold in modern buildings is different from mold found in nature. I bet a cave has dozens of species all competing and balancing each other out, while drywall and plywood preferentially reward a few species

11. drezy

drezy New Member

I like the critical thinking exercise. I thought about this one overnight.

I'm with @Inger on the germs and alcohol and I'll throw in Jared Diamond's steel as well (since guns were not available yet). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns,_Germs,_and_Steel .

I also tend to think along the lines of what I worry about current highly urbanized people these days. If a supply chain breakdown occurred (ala conquistadors in the Aztec case) how many people would have the skill to survive 3 months? Just because they are in the past does not necessarily imply the city dwellers were all that much more connected than our current city dwellers. Invaders/attackers will usually severely disrupt supply chains.

It makes this post I think frequently about more ominous, doesn't it?
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...nd-hunting-you-might-need-those-skills.21667/

@Phosphene If your mind is in this corner then I'd recommend you read this blog with that mindset:
    https://jackkruse.com/cpc4-evolutionary-friend-or-foe/

There was also another blog that discussed young people dying of a disease versus the elderly and infants. I forget exactly which blog it was. I think it mentioned cytokines and or cytokine storm. @JanSz , do your remember that one?

Ah yes. Good point. I neglected a good thought tool we've been introduced to on a recent Q&A that suits your argument here as well. -- The space station trends:

Very rapid bacterial growth (there are similar mold findings)
    https://www.upi.com/Science_News/20...-space-is-better-than-on-Earth/4651458830699/

SO, all those transmissions and fields of modernity sure aren't helping. The Hepa filter + requisite power grid may hurt more in the end especially when modern environments lack UV. Strangely the hospitals filled with doctors, most of which otherwise have all bad things to say about UV, utilize UV to kill germs.

recoen and Phosphene like this.
  12. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Sorry for prolonging the hijack of this thread—probably should start another. I’ll peruse the suggested blogs, and might move Guns, Germs and Steel up the reading list.

Been thinking about germs, and the best ways to fight the basic (and not so basic) winter nasties. Got the gears turning about why indigenous populations were so utterly defenseless despite the strong sun.

I’m guessing that most populations discovered the pleasant and ceremonial effects of fermented beverages early on, so introduced alcohol doesn’t seem like a major factor. Though maybe they drank more often after the invasions? Just imagine the god damn stress explosion!

This is interesting—wondering if this unfortunate ‘in through the out door’ practice weakened the microbiome?

“According to food writer Sandor Katz, the ancient Maya consumed balché in enema form to maximize its inebriating effect. After the Maya were conquered by the Spanish, the drink was banned and their orchards were destroyed.[2][3]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balché

13. drezy

drezy New Member

I'm not signing up to test that theory.

14. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Me neither.

However I do see the Factor X webinar on tap for my cold, dark and boring Saturday night. I’ve not done the webinars in order, and can see this was perhaps not wise. Still need the older foundation material. Thanks!

15. drezy

drezy New Member

As long as you pay attention and are willing to listen multiple times, I say: Order shmorder!

Phosphene likes this.
  16. As I read this I am at the pool and it’s 38 degrees. I’d get naked if the neighbors wouldn’t call the police ‍♀️

Phosphene likes this.
  17. ALEXIS TUDOR

ALEXIS TUDOR Gold Member

Rather than start a new post I will spin off this one. Had a question about post CT cold. While doing CT I am fine with the cold and then afterwards I seem fine for about 25 min. Then I figure I should warm up a bit and the cold just works its way deep into my bones. It seems like taking a warm shower makes it worse. What would be a practical way to warm up. Mind you I don't have a lot of fat to burn- sometimes it feels like none to burn. Also is it better to CT half the body in 40deg water or the whole body in 60deg. water. I am still concerned about keeping my core warm(torso) as my legs can take the cold but my organs especially my kidneys seem to have quite a negative reaction to the cold.

Also the goal of CT is to cool the surface temperature of the body and not the core right?

18. Inna

Inna Platinum

You are correct, there is usually temperature after-drop that happens 10-20 min after swimming in cold water; it happens during rewarming phase due to reversal of vasoconstriction that occurs during cold exposure.
    Taking warm showers is NOT recommended - as it could amplify this T after-drop (redirect / increase blood flow to skin and away from the core).
    You might want to warm up with exercise, also hot drink is often helpful

https://outdoorswimmer.com/blogs/after-drop-is-real-and-how-to-deal-with-it

19. What about heat lamps? Would that be as bad as warm showers?

20. drezy

drezy New Member

Inna I've also experienced vasoconstriction from the last picture in this post as well: https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/fatty-liver-question.22375/page-2#post-254515